App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
I'm just looking at the google doc chart now and looking at the stats from people applying back in early 2017 (e.g. April). Am i right in saying that it is not actually taking 12 months for the application, despite it saying on the government website that the whole process takes 12 months. its somewhere between 100 and 250 days total. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Mate, I don't know what you don't understand - it says it takes "up to 12 months".
What this means in plain english is that it can take 1 day or 12 month and anywhere in between.
That is of course for routine applications.
???????

Patrickk

Jan 5, 2018
Can you add me please;

Application sent: Dec 1st
Application received: Dec 6th
Application type: Single
Physical presence: 1532.5

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Can you add me please;

Application sent: Dec 1st
Application received: Dec 6th
Application type: Single
Physical presence: 1532.5
Added, good luck!

kitchentable

Jan 5, 2018
Mate, I don't know what you don't understand - it says it takes "up to 12 months".
What this means in plain english is that it can take 1 day or 12 month and anywhere in between.
That is of course for routine applications.
???????
k, chill out mate

adnan2018

Jan 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
Nov 15 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Already sent
Hey guys one important question .if my PR card is about to expire on 15th February 2018 and I received only AOR for citizenship application .does it mean I am still allow to work in Canada after 15th feb or just stay at home and wait for citizenship oath which would take couple of months .

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hey guys one important question .if my PR card is about to expire on 15th February 2018 and I received only AOR for citizenship application .does it mean I am still allow to work in Canada after 15th feb or just stay at home and wait for citizenship oath which would take couple of months .
Your status don’t change because your pr expired the only time it change is when you become citizen,and yes you still have to work.how would you pay your bills if you don’t work?

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
Below is what I saw in CIC site

If you need to leave Canada and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:

• make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship
  • bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily

adnan2018

Jan 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
Nov 15 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Already sent
Your status don’t change because your pr expired the only time it change is when you become citizen,and yes you still have to work.how would you pay your bills if you don’t work?
Thanks Buddy

adnan2018

Jan 7, 2018
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
Nov 15 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Already sent
Below is what I saw in CIC site

If you need to leave Canada and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:

• make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship
  • bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily
I appreciate your reply . Yes am been here for 5 Yrs without stepped outside Canada .but my PR is expiring in February that makes me worry .I applied in November for citizenship n didn’t hear anything yet from home office .Am just thinking do I need to apply to renew my PR card too as I think I would not be allow to work while my application in process and PR card is already expired .even if I apply for PR to renew today it’s gona take months I guess

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Guys I need to get a background check record from US since I have spent more than 6 months there. I should potentially get it by around the time that I need to send my documents to CIC for fulfilling the physical presence condition. However, just in case, I was wondering what would happen if I apply for citizenship but dont have my police record at the time? Can I include a letter and say that I have applied for it and I will get it and send it in a month or so ? Do you think they will accept that?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I appreciate your reply . Yes am been here for 5 Yrs without stepped outside Canada .but my PR is expiring in February that makes me worry .I applied in November for citizenship n didn’t hear anything yet from home office .Am just thinking do I need to apply to renew my PR card too as I think I would not be allow to work while my application in process and PR card is already expired .even if I apply for PR to renew today it’s gona take months I guess
PR card expiring is not the same as PR expiring. You can stay and work in Canada with an expired PR card, because you are still a PR (assuming you meet all the pre-requisites of keeping PR valid). Only problem would be if you were to travel outside Canada.

Reactions: adnan2018