+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Update:

December 2017 doc

VFX_man AOR: Feb 12, 2018

Looks like we went in as individuals [was prepared by a law firm] versus the listed "family" so my wife's previous data is the same as mine. But, since I am 55, I am exempt from the Test so our schedules could end up being different.

VFX_wife AOR: Feb 12, 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Update:

December 2017 doc

VFX_man AOR: Feb 12, 2018

Looks like we went in as individuals [was prepared by a law firm] versus the listed "family" so my wife's previous data is the same as mine. But, since I am 55, I am exempt from the Test so our schedules could end up being different.

VFX_wife AOR: Feb 12, 2018
Updated! We can keep it as one entry for now. Can separate it out later should the need arise. You will most likely need to appear for an interview, even though you're exempted from the test.

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I figured out there are three types of officers assessing our applications.
1. Slow -- ( taking 3-5 weeks to send AOR)
2. Slower ( 5-9 weeks )
3. Ridiculously slow ( only god knows how they are processing )
Unfortunately, maybe you and I are in the third category and will have to play another round of CIC wait game that started 7 years ago with an application for a study permit.
Finger crossed and being patient is the only option for us :)
Those were exact my thoughts too, CIC wait game.Honestly, like everytime with CIC is soooooo slow in my case lol. There is so much inconsistency in their system, I understand its so many applications for permits, PRs, Cit... etc going to them, and they have lot to do, but still man follow some set procedure.
Wait is the only option.:)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Those were exact my thoughts too, CIC wait game.Honestly, like everytime with CIC is soooooo slow in my case lol. There is so much inconsistency in their system, I understand its so many applications for permits, PRs, Cit... etc going to them, and they have lot to do, but still man follow some set procedure.
Wait is the only option.:)
Look on the bright side... these current timelines so far seem fast compared to the usual timelines when I applied in 2013. Back then you were fortunate to be done in a year. My 7 months timeline at the time was considered very fast.

ghapama

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
My guess: it's that time of the year where public servants/officers get renewed (most of them probably are term employees)... so they got a push from managers , on being more productive vs being let go + productivity goes up when contract's up for renewal because employees think job performance = renewal... just a guess... who knows though!

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
My guess: it's that time of the year where public servants/officers get renewed (most of them probably are term employees)... so they got a push from managers , on being more productive vs being let go + productivity goes up when contract's up for renewal because employees think job performance = renewal... just a guess... who knows though!
Provincial elections in June and Fed in 2019. Read between the lines