+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Congrats to all who are seeing progress on their applications... Mississauga was moving quite fast. However the CIC office seems to be in some coma now. Nothing yet for so many days!!!! One more day for this week and then the wait starts all over again next week. My Canada Post person must be really happy to see my empty mailbox everyday since I am clearing my physical mail on a daily basis!!! ;D

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Congrats on your progress. All the best for the test and interview
ar_fabrics said:
Dear Tsooma
Good News now prepare yourself for test & interview.Best of Luck
Thanks guys! Really appreciated. The way I see things going we might even become Canadians before/on Canada Day :D

FJK

Mar 18, 2015
arrrmin, Congraaaaats and best of luck..can you tell me how did you get notified about the test? mail or e-case update?

FJK

Mar 18, 2015
tsooma said:
Thanks guys! Really appreciated. The way I see things we might even become Canadians before/on Canada Day :D
Congraaaaaats and best of luck :) how were you notified ? mail or e-case update?

So so happy for you guys

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
SK_NKR said:
I called CIC call center yesterday as well as today, and both times I got the same answer from the respective call center agent. As of Monday 4th May, the Call center agents have been directed not to access ecas for anyone whose process has not reached 24months due to a lot of calls to the call center.

I am not sure if anyone else has received similar answer. I know the regular by the book answer from some agents saying you have to wait for 24months but both these agents were specific about the direction given to them on Monday 4th May.Though Kovachum in his post managed to get a reply from call center agent :-[
Yes , I did. There are many others who got response in other threads.

May be you are catching the agent wrong time. I suggest don't call every day though.

Agent was very polite and helpful. She verified all my details and gave me the update.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FJK said:
Congraaaaaats and best of luck :) how were you notified ? mail or e-case update?

So so happy for you guys
By mail, it's not on ecas yet.

arrrmin

Dec 9, 2014
By the way, I was wondering...in the letter that I received it stated that the test duration should be approx 3hours, does that mean that the oath will be on the same day it's the normal test duration?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
arrrmin said:
By the way, I was wondering...in the letter that I received it stated that the test duration should be approx 3hours, does that mean that the oath will be on the same day it's the normal test duration?
If the oath is held same day then there would be additional letter mentioning that the oath may be on the same day.
Did you receive an additional letter along with test invite?
Usually the test and interview process is around 2-3 hours because there are lots of people during the test and everyone has to go through interview one by one. There are usually 5-10 citizenship officers to take interview.

If you are Montreal, you might get oath same day but I am not too sure as I am from west coast. I have seen some Montreal applicants getting oath same day but not everyone in this forum.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
December applicants are moving fast. Congratulations to everyone who have got test/interview invite. Study well and score 20/20 and pass the interview in high spirits. Cheers!

francorm

Jan 31, 2015
Folks: I just checked my status and find out that my application is in process since 2 days ago.

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 19, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 29, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on May 5, 2015."
Funny thing is that May 5th is a Mexican holiday, probably CIC agents waited until that day to move my application :) It seems to me a slow process, yet happily ongoing. Can anybody explain to me the next steps and predict how long it will take?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
francorm said:
Folks: I just checked my status and find out that my application is in process since 2 days ago.

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 19, 2014.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 29, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on May 5, 2015."
Funny thing is that May 5th is a Mexican holiday, probably CIC agents waited until that day to move my application :) It seems to me a slow process, yet happily ongoing. Can anybody explain to me the next steps and predict how long it will take?
Now the file would be transferred to your local office in few days and if all goes well you will get test invite. If they have doubt they can issue a RQ while the application is in Sydney or once it gets transferred to your local office. They may ask for additional documentation as well.
The process duration is unpredictable however, here is link for december applicants where you can see the progress of the people's application (December applicants only):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0SdRO40z3jpI11rJ2I_sKk88ph1FeqrTczi_9Kb6us/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Hopefully the process goes smooth for you and I hope you don't get RQ.

Welcome to the forum!

francorm

Jan 31, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Now the file would be transferred to your local office in few days and if all goes well you will get test invite. If they have doubt they can issue a RQ while the application is in Sydney or once it gets transferred to your local office. They may ask for additional documentation as well.
The process duration is unpredictable however, here is link for december applicants where you can see the progress of the people's application (December applicants only):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0SdRO40z3jpI11rJ2I_sKk88ph1FeqrTczi_9Kb6us/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Hopefully the process goes smooth for you and I hope you don't get RQ.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for your reply. I hope the process goes smooth too. Statistics show that the average from IP to Transfer local office is 10 days, I hope fall within that.

neptune01

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09, 2010
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
december 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 05, 2011 (via email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08/22/2011
Med's Done....
09/01/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 07, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 9, 2012
Good morning,

I found my status has been updated to In Process few minutes earlier.

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arrrmin said:
Hey guys, i'm glad to see that the december applications are going pretty fast so far!

I just received my test invitation today for the 04/27 :)
Congrats arrrmin! Hope you get oath on the same day!

By the way, do you mean 05/27?

Also I was just seeing your timeline on the spreadsheet and you did not get a notification on transferred date? Also on the spreadsheet there is a note of an RQ? Is that you?

Please update the spreadsheet? Thanks!