Fonkou

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
Hi all,

I received the request for fingerprints April 22, 2015 and I made April 23, 2015.
So I am waiting for test.

Application sent : 1st december 2014
AOR 9 feb 2015
Fingerprints: 23 april 2015
Test?

ns87

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fonkou said:
Hi all,

I received the request for fingerprints April 22, 2015 and I made April 23, 2015.
So I am waiting for test.

Application sent : 1st december 2014
AOR 9 feb 2015
Fingerprints: 23 april 2015
Test?
Hi Fonkou,

From the spreadsheet it seems that you applied from Montreal but they sent your application to the Mississauga office. Is that correct?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
triumpher83 said:
Congratulations to all who completed the test.
Thecoolguysam, did interviewer ask any other questions during the interview ?
Thanks,

He did verify the stamps and cross checked it with the residency calculator page. He asked about my job, my family etc.
At the end he said congratulations as he approved the file.

Fonkou

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
ns87 said:
Hi Fonkou,

From the spreadsheet it seems that you applied from Montreal but they sent your application to the Mississauga office. Is that correct?
No i am from Montreal. and they sent my application to Montreal office.

Cheers

Fonkou

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
esense said:
Hum, it says Mississauga in the spreadsheet :)

Euuuuuuuuuuuh

I don't know it is a mistake.

I will inform Asan for that to change it.

Cheers

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I noticed something when I logged in to my ecas.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 22, 2015.

It took more than 2 months to be in process after AOR, Hope it doesn't stick around IP for long time.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Finally I noticed something when I logged in to my ecas.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 22, 2015.

It took more than 2 months to be in process after AOR, Hope it doesn't stick around IP for long time.
Triumpher83,

Good to know your case moved to the next level: Yes, IP should happen soon. Citizenship is not too far my friend.

SFD

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
Thanks guys. What really irritates me is there are those who abuse the system and get their citz and move back to their own country or to the states. There are genuine applicants like us who moved here and have no intentions of moving elsewhere. I know the agents are trying to fish out those applicants but I wished they are more consistent and transparent with the application process. : :mad:
Sorry but how is the system abused when someone gets their citizenship and then leaves Canada?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seweify said:
Sorry but how is the system abused when someone gets their citizenship and then leaves Canada?
You get it because you stayed and after you get it you leave. What you call that?

vijaysenan

Jun 23, 2011
HI All

Finally I got my test and interview letter on April 22nd. My interview date is May 5th, 2015. My AOR came on Feb 9th 2015.
Unfortunately, i have office conference away from Toronto which was scheduled much earlier and happens once in two years. Also, i had booked tickets to India for June - weeks.

I went to the Scarborough office and spoke with the front office. The guy was very nice and said, it will take about 3 months to reschedule the date. He gave me clear instruction as to how i should write the letter, and give supporting documents of my conference, hotel, June travel to India Air Ticket and also a letter from my office.

Some of you may think it not good to change. But i thought about it, even if it make it for the interview and test, and if the oath happens before the trip to India, then i would have to immediatly apply for Canadian passport, surrender indian passport which would cost about $240 each, and also take Indian visa which is about $64 each.

3 months would make it easy for me. The reception officer was excellent.

THanks to all
Sam

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
You get it because you stayed and after you get it you leave. What you call that?
My understanding of the current regulations is to fulfill the RO. What the person does afterwards is their own business.
Well I call that playing the game by the rules...what do you call it CanV??

ivaldiz

Jul 7, 2014
Can someone advice me on this ?

Here is my time line:
- Dec 2nd: Application Sent
- Dec 8th: Application Received
- March 9th: Email received to acknowledge receipt of my application for Canadian Citizenship.
- March 11th: Status online shows "Received" when i check my application status.

And its been "Received" since then..

How long after its been marked as "received" they change it to "In Process" ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seweify said:
My understanding of the current regulations is to fulfill the RO. What the person does afterwards is their own business.
Well I call that playing the game by the rules...what do you call it CanV??
I call it if you plan on leaving after your get your citizenship then leave now and don't get the citizenship all together. No Canadian is ok with you waiting to get the citizenship so you can leave. People like you were the reason the new bill passed. The only place that I found people opposing the bill was this forum. Every Canadian I spoke to thought it was about time the government passes a bill like this to make it much harder for people who do not intend to reside. The Harper government was so confident they would get the support of Canadians that conservative MPs didn't even bother discussing any part of the bill with opposition parties. All attempts by opposion MPs to change or even allow for more discussion were shut down and the bill went thru all stages and signed in less than 4 months.