Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
I am new to all of this, and have been waiting (not so patiently).......

Hubby and I have been married 5 years, have 2 children together. Applied for TRV 3 times and denied each time. Finally filed for sponsorship.

Papers sent Dec 17th, received Dec 18th.
Sponsorship approval: Mar 7th 2015
Background check and medicals sent in March 27th.

Now, it says up to 25 months for it to be processed in Jamaica, but is that accurate? Anyone get it done sooner? Ours seems simple to me, shouldnt have any issues. Hubby has never been in trouble with the law, university educated, we have 2 kids together, etc etc. I guess im just looking for some encouragement that it wont take so much time?

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Hey guys,

not sure how all of you did to actually talk to somebody at CIC and double check your application because the lady told me she didn't want to give me any information since my application was not 2 years old??!! So I am just wondering how you did :D Maybe I was super unlucky.

Anyway she told me that everytime CIC is sending you a letter, they tell you online.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redapple said:
Thank you for your insight, still confuse whether to withdraw or proceed with my application.
I would probably withdraw and apply again since you probably now have 1095+ days. You will still get an RQ because you had one in the first application.

PurpleLilly

Apr 17, 2012
LANCAY said:
i wish.... :p :D

Ditto! It's a long waiting game from now on ... Longer for folks like me since I'm in Calgary and the Calgary office seems to be the slowest in the country! People who applied March of 2014 are JUST getting test dates :(

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redapple said:
Thank you for your insight, still confuse whether to withdraw or proceed with my application.
With all due repect redapple, you practically have triggered multiple red flags to your citizenship journey. What made you think you can write a letter of consideration and easily circumvent the most basic of requirements for citizenship?

They may review your original ppapers that enabled you to come to Canada initially.
They may easily tag your existing and future applications as non routine, hence a much much much longer waiting time vs waiting 18 physical days more to avoid all of these inconveniences.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shortyp2000 said:
I am new to all of this, and have been waiting (not so patiently).......

Hubby and I have been married 5 years, have 2 children together. Applied for TRV 3 times and denied each time. Finally filed for sponsorship.

Papers sent Dec 17th, received Dec 18th.
Sponsorship approval: Mar 7th 2015
Background check and medicals sent in March 27th.

Now, it says up to 25 months for it to be processed in Jamaica, but is that accurate? Anyone get it done sooner? Ours seems simple to me, shouldnt have any issues. Hubby has never been in trouble with the law, university educated, we have 2 kids together, etc etc. I guess im just looking for some encouragement that it wont take so much time?
Shortyp2000,

Thank you for sharing your situation in this thread. I guess you have seen how helpful this is for everyone. Unfortunately, this thread wont be too helpful as this is just for December 2014 Citizenship applicants.

In my humble opinion if you go to this link (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php), you may find a thread that may help you.

I bet you you will find lots of members in a similar situation like you or perhaps you may even start a thread.

All the best,

SFD

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
As long as he is a PR, I don't see any red flags honnestly.. But yep, it can take more time for your now to become a citizen. Which is fine since you are a PR.

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
THANKS SFD,

But I/we are Dec 2014 applicants... so Im not sure I understand. Then again, like I said, Im new here and dont understand much of this stuff......
We applied Dec 17th 2014, and papers received Dec 18th. 2014

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm just curious about those who have not got their AOR yet. I was looking at the sheet and there's a handful. Is it just not updated?

Also anyone recognize any pattern between IP to Transferred? I think they sort of deal with the local offices in batches. :-\

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shortyp2000 said:
THANKS SFD,

But I/we are Dec 2014 applicants... so Im not sure I understand. Then again, like I said, Im new here and dont understand much of this stuff......
Maybe I misunderstood. If that is the case, my apologies. Is your application for Citizenship or Permanent Residence?

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trunorth said:
I'm just curious about those who have not got their AOR yet. I was looking at the sheet and there's a handful. Is it just not updated?

Also anyone recognize any pattern between IP to Transferred? I think they sort of deal with the local offices in batches. :-\
There was still a few as of last week in the spreadsheet.

When it comes to the pattern, it varies: in my case, it has been a week since my eCas went to IP and no changes whereas in many other applicants' the status went from IP to Transfer to local office in 3 days.

In my case, I think it may take a bit longer as I made more than a dozen trips abroad in the last 3 years.

I find CIC treats every application differently. Yes, of course, there are offices like Mississauga that deals with many applications.

All the best,

SFD

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just noticed my name appeared twice in the spreadsheet, both row 2 and 6. Not sure if someone accidentally pasted my row there, or pasted my name in somebody else's row. The timeline is exactly the same as mine, so I would guess it's a accidental whole-line paste.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shortyp2000 said:
THANKS SFD,

You are talking about PR application. This thread is for CITIZENSHIP applications. Therefore you are in the wrong thread. Go here (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php) instead And look into "Immigration topics"