+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
AsianIndian..Fingers crossed for you. Hope you don't have to go the "waiting outside in a shiny suit" way and the call comes before your deadline.. All the best to you.
Thanks ! :D

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
Ha!! Finally!!! Seems that they didn't lose your application ;) It's great to hear!

Asianindian, CIC is processing applications between 7 and 11 pm??? Is that happening every day??
They probably work at normal 8am -5pm working hours, however for the AOR emails they seem to be put in a queue and sent out automatically. Some people received their AOR after 10 pm and on weekends. I don't know if there the same queue/automated system for eCAS change (unlikely), that's why I'll wait 7am -11 pm just to be on the "safe" side :D

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
AsianIndian said:
First of all start studying your Discover book for the test. At least that is what I would do. I am waiting to see my file transferred before I even open the book for the first time. :D :D
After you see your file transferred, the next step is getting your test invite by mail or request for more documentation. So at this point I would check my mailbox every single day. I have seen a few instances where test invites got sent to mail without eCAS being updated (after step 4: file transferred ...). Some local offices do not update the eCAS as often as Sydney does, so keep a vague eye on your eCAS but focus more on your mailbox at this point.
Thanks for your response.
I pray for good news for you in this new week.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
AsianIndian said:
They probably work at normal 8am -5pm working hours, however for the AOR emails they seem to be put in a queue and sent out automatically. Some people received their AOR after 10 pm and on weekends. I don't know if there the same queue/automated system for eCAS change (unlikely), that's why I'll wait 7am -11 pm just to be on the "safe" side :D
It seems automated system still work with Ecas change.
Our files were transferred last week Sunday to Mississauga office.

Good luck to you. I understand your waiting game with Suit, Tie and shinning Shoes :p.

redapple

Apr 23, 2011
Sent my application -Dec 24,2014
CIC Received- Jan 02,2015

Application returned- Jan 12,2015 (coz fee increased, supposed to be received on dec 30 but due to Canada Post error, got delayed and cost me an additional $230.00) :(
mailed Jan 15,2015
CIC received- Jan 18,2015
CIC Email - March 05, 2015
Received mail from CIC with RESIDENCE Questionnare dated March 05,2015

I am short by 18 days from the required physical presence but took the chance and wrote for consideration. Anyone who also received Residence Questionnaire???

francorm

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks God, I just received AOR today in the morning, I logged into CIC status, information is not entered in system yet. So not sure if the AOR is for the 1st or for the 2nd submission. Good look for everyone.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
redapple said:

Application returned- Jan 12,2015 (coz fee increased, supposed to be received on dec 30 but due to Canada Post error, got delayed and cost me an additional $230.00) :(
mailed Jan 15,2015

I am short by 18 days from the required physical presence but took the chance and wrote for consideration. Anyone who also received Residence Questionnaire???
Hey there,

what do you mean when you say "CIC email". Do you mean that the CIC sent you an email prior to sending you a mail? I mean they sent you an email to let you know they will send you a RQ?

Thanks

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
francorm said:
Thanks God, I just received AOR today in the morning, I logged into CIC status, information is not entered in system yet. So not sure if the AOR is for the 1st or for the 2nd submission. Good look for everyone.
Well I am pretty sure that was for the 1rst one... There is no way they would have processed your application in 3 days. I am really sorry for you eh... You had to pay twice... Can't remember who told you it was taking up to 4 months for your application to show "received".

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redapple said:

mailed Jan 15,2015

I dont think you realize how big of a mistake you made by applying earlier. Your 18 days will probably make you wait 18 months or longer now when you could have easily got it in 6-9 months. What is worse is you may even be denied at which point you will have to apply again and most likely not until January 2016 when you have completed 4 years, not 3 years. And what is even worse is because you received the RQ in your first application and got denied you almost certainly will get another RQ on your second application. I honestly don't think you will become a citizen before 2017.

Your request for consideration meant nothing to them as you can see you already got the RQ.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
What breaks my heart is that in a few days (maybe by the end of next week), anyway before you hit the 120 days (4 months), you are going to receive an AOR for your 1st application. And you'll have put time and effort to put a 2nd application together for nothing.
All the best ! I check your line on the spreadsheet every morning to see if you went green already. We are all rooting for you here !
I want to see our Dec spreadsheet 100% AOR already ! It bothers me to see that we've been stuck at 85% for quite some time now !
francorm said:
puda said:
Well I am pretty sure that was for the 1rst one... There is no way they would have processed your application in 3 days. I am really sorry for you eh... You had to pay twice... Can't remember who told you it was taking up to 4 months for your application to show "received".
Francorn, I guess this is the part where I get to say "I TOLD YOU SO !" :D :D
I am so happy for you right now !
I think it is your 1st application. Assuming the email AOR is automated and that they work normal hours (8:30-4:30) at CIC Sydney, somebody put you in the system on Friday, just 1 day after the arrival of your 2nd application. Only on one instance have I seen next day AOR, and that was an URGENT PROCESSING CASE. So it is very unlikely that we are talking about your 2nd application here. Even though they seem to speed up things for 2nd applications (I have seen it a few times ) in order (maybe?) to make up for their "mistake" in loosing the 1st application, but Next day AOR ??? I don't think so ! Anyway your eCAS is going to get activated by Friday and you'll know for sure.

Puda, it is Thecoolguysam that consistently emphasizes on the fact that AOR waiting can go up to 4 months. And I think he is right. Only after 4 months should anyone send a 2nd application.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:
Thanks for your response.
I pray for good news for you in this new week.
Shalom1 said:
It seems automated system still work with Ecas change.
Our files were transferred last week Sunday to Mississauga office.

Good luck to you. I understand your waiting game with Suit, Tie and shinning Shoes :p.
Thank you very much for your kind words. Fingers crossed ! ;D

redapple

Apr 23, 2011
CanV said:
I dont think you realize how big of a mistake you made by applying earlier. Your 18 days will probably make you wait 18 months or longer now when you could have easily got it in 6-9 months. What is worse is you may even be denied at which point you will have to apply again and most likely not until January 2016 when you have completed 4 years, not 3 years. And what is even worse is because you received the RQ in your first application and got denied you almost certainly will get another RQ on your second application. I honestly don't think you will become a citizen before 2017.

Your request for consideration meant nothing to them as you can see you already got the RQ.
Thank you for your insight, still confuse whether to withdraw or proceed with my application.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
puda said:
Hey there,

what do you mean when you say "CIC email". Do you mean that the CIC sent you an email prior to sending you a mail? I mean they sent you an email to let you know they will send you a RQ?

Thanks
I think he is talking about AOR email (sent on 5th March 2015)

venky7x7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BANGALORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
hiiiiiiiii friends,
My father applied for PR in the month of december but hasn't received any file number until now(ALBERTA PROVINCE)...what cold be the possible processing time and when he will probably receive it????????please tell me friends..............

thank you,
have a nice day.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
francorm said:
Great! I suppose its for your first application. I told you to wait because receiving AOR can take upto 4 months.