+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Good evening All.

I'm a former August applicant, but since our application disappeared somewhere in CIC offices we mailed our package again today.
So I'm hopping to become a December applicant :)

Hope this time we'll have more luck :)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
Good evening All.

I'm a former August applicant, but since our application disappeared somewhere in CIC offices we mailed our package again today.

Dear yano4ka,
Welcome in and thank you for sharing your information.
We are very sorry to hear that your first application got lost and we hope that this time, everything goes well for you.
We look forward to read more from you.
Happy holidays,
Cheers,

sh7228

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
beauhoe said:
Dear Sh7228,
Welcome in and thank you for updating your information on the sheet.
We look forward to reading from you.
Happy holidays!
Cheers,
Hi beauhoe,

Thanks for the welcome note,
Hope to see some action pretty soon for December applicants

Happy new year

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sh7228 said:
Hi beauhoe,

Thanks for the welcome note,
Hope to see some action pretty soon for December applicants

Happy new year
Dear sh7228,
I truly believe that the new year is coming with a lot of beautiful surprises for our members. Just get ready to enjoy it.
Cheers,

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Forum Members,

We just got to have faith in this process: it may take up to 12 months, but as long we get the results we want, everything should be fine.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to provide great hints and supportive words to all the applicants in this thread.

Wish you all a Wonderful 2015!

SFD

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi All,

I have two questions:
If we go to USA for 7 days- Will that be count as double (14days) time outside canada while calculating days inside canada for citizenship?

my 2nd question is, is immigration officer put a seal when (the day) you return back to canada from USA after a short trip? They put seal when I was going out to USA, but no seal for return. any suggestion will be highly appriciated.

-Tchow

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
Hi All,

I have two questions:
If we go to USA for 7 days- Will that be count as double (14days) time outside canada while calculating days inside canada for citizenship?
No. If the 7 days are your PR days, it will be counted as exactly 7. If it was your pre-PR days, then will be 3.5 days (7/2).

my 2nd question is, is immigration officer put a seal when (the day) you return back to canada from USA after a short trip? They put seal when I was going out to USA, but no seal for return. any suggestion will be highly appriciated.

-Tchow
When you return, the Canadian customs officer will stamp your passport with a Canadian stamp, with the entry date on it.

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your reply yyzhuang. Yes, I traveled 7 days after I received my PR.

But they only sealed/stamped my passport the day I go to USA from Canada. During return to Canada, they didnt put any seal to passport. They put seal in the declaration form instead of passport. Then custom kept the form before I leave airport with luggage. I remember same during my last year travel, they stamped my passport when I returned to Canada. Is this a new system?

Is there anyone who traveled recently/have any idea if Canada custom stamped passport during return from USA?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
Hello Forum Members,

We just got to have faith in this process: it may take up to 12 months, but as long we get the results we want, everything should be fine.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to provide great hints and supportive words to all the applicants in this thread.

Wish you all a Wonderful 2015!

SFD
I agree!
We wish you the best of 2015.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
Hi All,

I have two questions:

-Tchow
Dear Tamalika chowdhury,
Welcome in and happy 2015.
Cheers,

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
yano4ka said:
Good evening All.

Hi Yano4Ka

Same situation with my application Received by cic on Middle of August then disappear, I sent them new application on middle of December.

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
Thank you so much for your reply yyzhuang. Yes, I traveled 7 days after I received my PR.

But they only sealed/stamped my passport the day I go to USA from Canada. During return to Canada, they didnt put any seal to passport. They put seal in the declaration form instead of passport. Then custom kept the form before I leave airport with luggage. I remember same during my last year travel, they stamped my passport when I returned to Canada. Is this a new system?

Is there anyone who traveled recently/have any idea if Canada custom stamped passport during return from USA?
Tomalika, stamping passport is vague when you travel to USA. It also depends on the means of travel ( air, bus or road). Weather the passport stamped or not, PR card is swiped at the port of entry. CIC does not have information regarding your travels but CBSA does. So, You should apply after you complete the required stay in Canada. Weather passport stampled or not, you should write the dates and calculate your stay in land accordingly. I travel to USA every couple of months. I had my trips to USA for which there are no stamps in my passport ( outbound or inbound ) but I declared every trip in my application, just play safe !!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Tomalika Chowdhury said:

If you travel by air, USA officers will always stamp the passport. If you are travelling by land, then they will stamp it once and issue you a i94 which would be valid for six months thus if you go to usa by land again within next 6 months, they won't stamp it again. after six months they will stamp it with new i94.

While coming back to canada by land, CBSA officer will scan the PR card and won't stamp the passport. If you arrive by air to canada, and if you go to automatic kiosk at airport, you will scan the PR card and there would be no stamp unless you go to the CBSA officer's booth to specifically ask for a stamp.