+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic8888 said:
Dec applicant - in process from Feb 2014, file transferred June 2014, test Aug 13 2014 and Oath letter received today by mail. (no RQ)
Office: Montreal
CONGRAZZZZZZZZZ

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm2312 said:
So Here is my update folks.

Had my Citizenship Test this afternoon at 12:45 in Mississauga.

Test was easy and I was done in less than 5 minutes. Scored 20/20. On completing the test, we were asked to exit the room and wait outside for the interview calls. Though I was the first one to finish the test, I found that 4 other applicants were called for the interview in a separate room. Once everybody finished the test, we were all asked to go back to the testing room and wait in one corner.

Me and my wife were then the first to be called for the interview in the same room. The Officer first informed us that we had both passed and asked for all the original ID's. He was talking and also verifying the documents. After verifying each document, he would tick something on the application. Since we lived for 10 years in the Middle East before moving to Canada the Officer started verifying all the dates on the application and the CBSA report that he had on file. I had done some homework and put stickers on my passport indicating the stamps that were relevant. The officer went though in detail and asked about my work, my wifes work etc and then started looking at the passport. He wanted to see the UAE exit stamp for the day that I left UAE. I showed him the same and he asked how can he be sure that I did not go back to the UAE again. I showed him my employment letter from my employer in UAE clearly showuing that I had resigned. He then asked that the letter said I was employed only till Nov 2009 but I left UAE in Feb 2010. I explained that the employers give you 3 months to exit the country and he was satisfied.

He then signed the applcations as approved and give us OATH letter for Friday, August 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

So folks the long ordeal is finally coming to an end .... a happy end :D :D

Some takeaways - I did not have translations of the UAE/Oman stamps. I also did not have the visa calcellation document for UAE but I was confident and has other supporting documents that helped.
So Folks, we completed the last step of taking the OATH today are now officially Canadian!!! Wish all of you still waiting in the process all the very best.

Now on the next steps of applying for the Canadian Passport.....

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
sm2312 said:
So Folks, we completed the last step of taking the OATH today are now officially Canadian!!! Wish all of you still waiting in the process all the very best.

Now on the next steps of applying for the Canadian Passport.....
Congrats Sm2312.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
Hi Folks,

Great News!

Glad to inform you guys that today I received Notice to Appear - to take the Oath of Citizenship in mail. I had citizenship test on 28th July 2014 and Oath will be on 11 September at Scarborough Town Centre.

I applied citizenship on 19th December 2013. So whole process took about 9 months from start to end. I had fingerprints request as well before test. So its fair enough from start to end only 9 months.

i wish you good luck to all applicants who are waiting for test and oath.

Regards

ontarioan

Aug 4, 2014
sahil1 said:
Hi Folks,

Great News!

Glad to inform you guys that today I received Notice to Appear - to take the Oath of Citizenship in mail. I had citizenship test on 28th July 2014 and Oath will be on 11 September at Scarborough Town Centre.

I applied citizenship on 19th December 2013. So whole process took about 9 months from start to end. I had fingerprints request as well before test. So its fair enough from start to end only 9 months.

Regards

CONGRATS!

i believe u didn't receive RQ..

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
sahil1 said:
Hi Folks,

Great News!

Regards
Congratulations Sahil1.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil1 said:
Hi Folks,

Great News!

Regards
Congratulations...

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
cic8888 said:
Dec applicant - in process from Feb 2014, file transferred June 2014, test Aug 13 2014 and Oath letter received today by mail. (no RQ)
Office: Montreal
Happy to see movement in Montréal! Congratulations!

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Called CIC today and was informed that oath letter was sent to me yesterday. My ceremony is scheduled for 25th of September. Good luck to others that are still waiting for test/oath.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
Hello everyone,

Today I have taken my oath and officially became Canadian. After a long marathon, finlly I achieved a major personal milestone. It took exact 9 months from start to end.... Citizenship ceremony in STC was awesome. There were about 98 persons from 35 countries.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and information on this wonderful forum. All the Best to everyone for a faster processing.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil1 said:
Hello everyone,

Today I have taken my oath and officially became Canadian. After a long marathon, finlly I achieved a major personal milestone. It took exact 9 months from start to end.... Citizenship ceremony in STC was awesome. There were about 98 persons from 35 countries.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and information on this wonderful forum. All the Best to everyone for a faster processing.
Congratulations! Yours was a quick run around the block dude :)

iris66

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
My ECAS was updated this morning showing oath invite. Here is my timeline again:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 30, 2013.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 30, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on February 26, 2014.

4.We sent you a notice on July 11, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 31, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on September 9, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahil1 said:
Hi Folks,

Great News!

Regards
Congratulations !!!!