Med's Done....
Jul 30, 2012
Passport Req..
Step-1 Nov 20, 2012/ Step-2: Jan 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2013
CanadiansWife said:
Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I have written in this thread- I'm usually hanging out in the official New Delhi thread. Anyway- just wanted to let you guys know that I got my "Decision Made" on May 7th :) I will be moving to Canada at the end of June :) I got a call from the Visa Officer, for me to send a relative to pick up my passport along with my visa :) Since I'm not in India.

I'm really excited to be with my husband and start this new chapter with him.

Anyway- Thank you to the user that started this thread... and I wish you all the best of luck. If you have any questions- I would be glad to answer them. Other than that, take care guys- be patient- and do not worry, you all will be with your spouse, other family member quick!
Congratulations

Ludovick

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-13-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-22-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-12-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-01-2011
Passport Req..
April-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-16-2012
LANDED..........
Aug-11-2012
I don't know if it's a good sign but my wife's current mailing address in the philippines appeared for the first time on her ecas yesterday. It's the first update on her status since 'application received' on December 13.

it's been 57 days now since she sent her passport at the embassy, I really hope that's a sign that the VISA will come soon. 8)

LJPM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-02-2012 (CEM recvd 23-04-12)
VISA ISSUED...
soon...
LANDED..........
soon...
Ludovick said:
I don't know if it's a good sign but my wife's current mailing address in the philippines appeared for the first time on her ecas yesterday. It's the first update on her status since 'application received' on December 13.

it's been 57 days now since she sent her passport at the embassy, I really hope that's a sign that the VISA will come soon. 8)
Hi Ludovick...my husband also had his philippines address updated on ecas yesterday. does hers say "application received" or "in process". my husband's still says "application received". I surely wish their visas get issued asap!!! ;)

Ludovick

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-13-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-22-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-12-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-01-2011
Passport Req..
April-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-16-2012
LANDED..........
Aug-11-2012
LJPM said:
Hi Ludovick...my husband also had his philippines address updated on ecas yesterday. does hers say "application received" or "in process". my husband's still says "application received". I surely wish their visas get issued asap!!! ;)
it still says 'application received', but hey , that's a small victory, we will take it :p

LJPM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-02-2012 (CEM recvd 23-04-12)
VISA ISSUED...
soon...
LANDED..........
soon...
Ludovick said:
it still says 'application received', but hey , that's a small victory, we will take it :p
I concur! :D

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LJPM said:
I concur! :D
Hi everybody.

Anybody has VO Bucharest Romania? I am waiting for a long time for a sign from them...i send emails ...no answer, i call them and they said that in one day i will get an answer but still nothing....so i don,t know what is happening....since 8 February 2012 when we got the sponsor approval we have no news no sign at all.....the ecas is : " we received xxxxxxxx application on 16 December 2011. Medical received."
So, anybody has any idea how long will be until we will get a sign from them?
After this status what is next:
"in proccess",
they will send us the passport request,
"DM"?
what? when?

Please any idea is welcome....

Thank you

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
CanadiansWife said:
Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I have written in this thread- I'm usually hanging out in the official New Delhi thread. Anyway- just wanted to let you guys know that I got my "Decision Made" on May 7th :) I will be moving to Canada at the end of June :) I got a call from the Visa Officer, for me to send a relative to pick up my passport along with my visa :) Since I'm not in India.

I'm really excited to be with my husband and start this new chapter with him.

Anyway- Thank you to the user that started this thread... and I wish you all the best of luck. If you have any questions- I would be glad to answer them. Other than that, take care guys- be patient- and do not worry, you all will be with your spouse, other family member quick!
Hi canadianswife,

Congratulations to you!
so you were not in India when your visa was processed and approved? Were you in Canada? The reason I am asking this is that I am planning to visit Canada and be with my husband while waiting for my PR visa. We're just thinking of the logistics/ technicalities of changing the mailing address from the Philippines to Canada.

So they allow someone to pick up your passport and visa on your behalf? What support/ documentation do you need to submit?

Thanks!

jodelette

Jun 4, 2012
Hi there!

I am in Ontario and my husband is from the Dominican Republic.

I submitted our application on December 5, 2011. My sponsorship was approved January 30, 2012. The application was received in Santo Domingo on February 15, 2012. We have heard nothing since! This is the hardest thing I think I have ever done!

Nervereck

Jun 6, 2012
Late December applicant being called for interview

Hi everyone,

It seems that our timeline is a little slower than the rest of you all. I am Canadian and my husband is American. We have an 8-month-old who's dual. We sent our application at the end of Nov and they received it Dec 30th. I got approved to be the sponsor Feb 20th. Two days ago my husband has been ask to go to Seattle Aug 13th for his interview and to bring our daugther's birth certificate and his passport. We all live together in Colorado and have been together since we meet. And we are all going to Seattle.

I am not sure what the interview will be about here. We don't exchange e-mail or what not. Any thoughts from the lucky ones who are already done here? She we bring more proofs althought it doesn't seem that what they are asking for... Isn't my TOO long term presence in the US enough a proof that we are all genuine?

Thanks
JC

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ludovick said:
Hello everybody

I am so tired of VO Bucharest ....they do not want to give any info...
I send email i call them but nothing.....our file ecas change only on 11 may 2012 from "we received xxxxx application on 16 december 2011" into " we received xxxxx application on 16 december 2011. MEDICAL RECEIVED"

But since then nothing.....from the forum looks like after this in about one month time we will get the passport request but is almost a month and nothing at all ....so far we did not have in our file the status "in process" .....so what is next?how long until the next step?what is the next step?
At the end of this month will be 5 months since we got the sponsor approval... And VO Bucharest processing time is 6 months after the sponsorship approval .....
Please any idea or info ....i need something to give me some hopes ...

Thank you.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
I am a January applicant and I want to contact my member of parliament (MP) in Canada about my case. I am currently out of the country in India and intend to return to Canada with my husband when he gets PR. I know I have to sign and send a consent form (is it the one for use of a representative on CIC site?) to my MP. Is it ok to fill out the form, sign it and then scan it and send to my MP by email or do I have to send it directly to her by mail (the original copy)? Can I get my mother who lives in my house to drop it off on my behalf if I cant email it? If I scan and email does it have to be notarized? Also, does the consent form from sponsor go only to the MP or does the MP have to send it to CIC as well to be authorized to have information about my case? If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE HELP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
thanks and good luck to all! :)

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
ashunandal said:
I am a January applicant and I want to contact my member of parliament (MP) in Canada about my case. I am currently out of the country in India and intend to return to Canada with my husband when he gets PR. I know I have to sign and send a consent form (is it the one for use of a representative on CIC site?) to my MP. Is it ok to fill out the form, sign it and then scan it and send to my MP by email or do I have to send it directly to her by mail (the original copy)? Can I get my mother who lives in my house to drop it off on my behalf if I cant email it? If I scan and email does it have to be notarized? Also, does the consent form from sponsor go only to the MP or does the MP have to send it to CIC as well to be authorized to have information about my case? If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE HELP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I think scan copy will do! I think MP just give ur application and UCI no to CIC which further replies to MP query.

Ludovick

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-13-2011
AOR Received.
Feb-22-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-12-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-01-2011
Passport Req..
April-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-16-2012
LANDED..........
Aug-11-2012
How's the moral December Applicants? How many days are you waiting since you sent your passport guys?

Me and my wife it's been 63 days now that Manila office received it...this waiting is killing me :(

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
Ludovick said:
How's the moral December Applicants? How many days are you waiting since you sent your passport guys?

Me and my wife it's been 63 days now that Manila office received it...this waiting is killing me :(

Me and my husband have been waiting for 3 months since CEM received his passport. Depressing it is...

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
ashunandal said:
Yes, if you are authorizing your MP to be a representative on your behalf it's form IMM5476. We used one just so CIC would speak to me on behalf of my spouse. Instructions say 'signed original copy', for that one. Do you have on it someone's word that contacting your MP will help your case? If it's just to speed things along, in my opinion let them be and they will get to it in due time>