+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deceased relative information on application

mrinmoy

Apr 17, 2017
Hi all,

My dependent(wife) has a deceased sister who was born in 1979 and had passed away in 1984. She did not have her own passport as it was not necessary in those days to have passport of babies. Babies names were instead added to the passport of the parents. She does not have a death certificate either and it will probably be very difficult to obtain a death certificate now considering that she was a resident of Kuwait then. My wife's family moved back to their native country(india) in 2006 permanently.

My questions is - Should I mention the deceased sister in the 'family' section of personal details in the application?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mrinmoy said:
Hi all,

My dependent(wife) has a deceased sister who was born in 1979 and had passed away in 1984. She did not have her own passport as it was not necessary in those days to have passport of babies. Babies names were instead added to the passport of the parents. She does not have a death certificate either and it will probably be very difficult to obtain a death certificate now considering that she was a resident of Kuwait then. My wife's family moved back to their native country(india) in 2006 permanently.

My questions is - Should I mention the deceased sister in the 'family' section of personal details in the application?
Yes, you mention the deceased sister. She's still a family member even if deceased. You simply put in her date of birth and date of death. We had to do this with my deceased son.

mrinmoy

Apr 17, 2017
DollyM said:
Yes, you mention the deceased sister. She's still a family member even if deceased. You simply put in her date of birth and date of death. We had to do this with my deceased son.

Thanks for your prompt response, Dolly.

Did CIC ask you for any paper work for your deceased son? I am asking because we don't have a death certificate for the sister and will most likely be very difficult to obtain one now if not impossible.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mrinmoy said:

Did CIC ask you for any paper work for your deceased son? I am asking because we don't have a death certificate for the sister and will most likely be very difficult to obtain one now if not impossible.
No. I just put in the dates

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mrinmoy said:

You are not required to submit the sister's death certificate.

mrinmoy

Apr 17, 2017
DollyM said:
No. I just put in the dates
what should I put as the 'country of residence'? She was residing in Kuwait at that time and she had the legal right to reside in Kuwait. However, she was a citizen of India.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrinmoy said:
what should I put as the 'country of residence'? She was residing in Kuwait at that time and she had the legal right to reside in Kuwait. However, she was a citizen of India.
either is fine....

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mrinmoy said:
You answered your own question there. She was residing in Kuwait at that time, so her residence was Kuwait. Her citizenship was NOT the question.