+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear PMM,

torri

Dec 20, 2005
Ukraine
Dear PMM,
I am also in need for your advices. We have collected the visas to day, it really takes one day in Kiev, Ukraine. Tomorrow we are going to the USA and I think of the best way under certain circumstances to cross the Canadian border. Is it possible to cross the border from the side of the USA by car, to go throught immigration procedure, give them the address in Canada where the residence cards should be sent and go back to the USA? It would save the time for me. Our visas expire on January 17, 2007 and we will have to stay in the USA by December 1. We'll be on business there and won't be able to leave earlier. That is why it is very important for me to know if it is possible to do so or not.
And another thing is will it be a problem if we bring 13000 CAD to the border in cash as a proof of funds?
Thank you kindly for your reply.
Victoria

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

torri said:
Dear PMM,
I am also in need for your advices. We have collected the visas to day, it really takes one day in Kiev, Ukraine. Tomorrow we are going to the USA and I think of the best way under certain circumstances to cross the Canadian border. Is it possible to cross the border from the side of the USA by car, to go throught immigration procedure, give them the address in Canada where the residence cards should be sent and go back to the USA? It would save the time for me. Our visas expire on January 17, 2007 and we will have to stay in the USA by December 1. We'll be on business there and won't be able to leave earlier. That is why it is very important for me to know if it is possible to do so or not.
And another thing is will it be a problem if we bring 13000 CAD to the border in cash as a proof of funds?

1. Yes that is probably the best way to "land"
2. Cash is not a very good idea, too easy to lose. Travelers cheques much safer. Don't forget that no matter how you bring your settlement funds, you MUST declare any amount over 10K to US customs when departing the US and the same to Canadian customs on entering Canada.

PMM
Thank you kindly for your reply.
Victoria