+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dear i want to improve my score in ielts exam

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
hi all
i done the IELTS EXAM BUT I DIDNT REACH THE SCORE , SO I WANT TO RE APPLY AGAIN BUT I WANT SOMEONE ADVICE ME HOW TO SUCCSES AND REACH THE SCORE AND IF THERE IS WEBSITE TO HELP ME FOR THIS SUBJECT

THANKS
ZAKOUT

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
There is a lot of tips, actually given here. Use search. You really have to make an effort, nobody else can do it for you.

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
Hi. I got a Band 9 in the IELTS, I'm from India and I've never lived in the US or Canada.

The key is self confidence, determination and concentration. If you're not comfortable communicating in English, you have to start PRACTICING well in advance. Read English magazines, watch English movies, talk in English to everyone, THINK in English all the time.

Off the top of my head, here are some important tips:

1. Writing: Break your topic answer into paragraphs and start each paragraph will words like "although, nevertheless, however, despite, etc." Let the last sentence of your paragraph blend into the first sentence of the next paragraph.
2. Writing: DO NOT MAKE SPELLING MISTAKES!
3. Speaking: answer all the questions that have been given to you, not just one or two. Use a lot of adjectives and descriptive words. But most importantly, BE CONFIDENT. Your confidence will reflect in your speech.
4. Listening: Focus! It's easy for your mind to start wandering when you're straining to catch every word on the tape for half an hour!
5. Writing: give different viewpoints on the subject being discussed and elaborate on each one. Make sure your content makes sense.

And for pete's sake, don't drink alcohol the night before or stay up all night studying! That's only going to get you down! Get a good night's sleep and have a wholesome breakfast before you go.

If you're not comfortable with English, practice well in advance and do a lot of the practice exercises online. That helps too.

Good luck.

Drea

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Drea! Very helpful points.
I will have my exam tomorrow, and I'm sure your tips have helped a lot. Thanks again!

Drea said:
Hi. I got a Band 9 in the IELTS, I'm from India and I've never lived in the US or Canada.

The key is self confidence, determination and concentration. If you're not comfortable communicating in English, you have to start PRACTICING well in advance. Read English magazines, watch English movies, talk in English to everyone, THINK in English all the time.

Off the top of my head, here are some important tips:

1. Writing: Break your topic answer into paragraphs and start each paragraph will words like "although, nevertheless, however, despite, etc." Let the last sentence of your paragraph blend into the first sentence of the next paragraph.
2. Writing: DO NOT MAKE SPELLING MISTAKES!
3. Speaking: answer all the questions that have been given to you, not just one or two. Use a lot of adjectives and descriptive words. But most importantly, BE CONFIDENT. Your confidence will reflect in your speech.
4. Listening: Focus! It's easy for your mind to start wandering when you're straining to catch every word on the tape for half an hour!
5. Writing: give different viewpoints on the subject being discussed and elaborate on each one. Make sure your content makes sense.

And for pete's sake, don't drink alcohol the night before or stay up all night studying! That's only going to get you down! Get a good night's sleep and have a wholesome breakfast before you go.

If you're not comfortable with English, practice well in advance and do a lot of the practice exercises online. That helps too.

Good luck.

Drea

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
zakout76 said:
hi
where u exam in kuwait or where?

as i done also yesterday the ielts exam 5 dec09

pls reply

zakout
Hope u wil get good score,would u please tell me what eassy topic you got in ur writing task?

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
task 1 about lost my paggauge in train by mistake

task 2 about if i agree or disagree that some poeple said its usefull to learnt in scholl or not usefull , nice topic )))))

thanks
what about u