+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dear all help me in choosing right universities

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
hi to all of you , i have done Be in electronics and i am interested to apply for Sep 2012 session .
my profile is
2003 Matric : 86 %
2005 Fsc : 56 % (dont ask why :)...
2006 BE : 3.03/4 CGPA ... ( last 2 years of gpa is 3.75 out of 4.5 , a/c to canadian universities)
2011 JOB Exp : 1 and a half year in oil and gas sector
2012 IELTS : 6.5 (L7 , R6 , W , S6)6.5

i want ur suggestions as i am applying for 5 different universities , Uni of Alberta , Uni Of Calgary , Uni of Manitoba , Uni of regina , Uni of Saskatchwan.
suggest me my chances :) .
thanks and regards : Adil

Memoona

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adil Sulehri said:
hi to all of you , i have done Be in electronics and i am interested to apply for Sep 2012 session .
my profile is
2006 BE : 3.03/4 CGPA ... ( last 2 years of gpa is 3.75 out of 4.5 , a/c to canadian universities)

i want ur suggestions as i am applying for 5 different universities , Uni of Alberta , Uni Of Calgary , Uni of Manitoba , Uni of regina , Uni of Saskatchwan.
Uni of Alberta
University of Ottawa.
McMaster university

I applied for Uni of Sask and Uni of Regina both and they rejected me.

Daniall33

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-10-2012
Adil Sulehri said:
what about calgary and manitoba ?
University of Alberta is best ... But they might reject you , as they require 3.5gpa ...

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adil Sulehri said:
my profile is

I think you wanna think about the places you're gonna be in as well. I heard regina is a good place to be. My housemate graduated from Uni of Regina. And if you're thinking of eventually gaining a PR. Saskatchewan is probably one of the quickest route to it. Just saying.

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
hey chippies,

how is GBC ...planning for Marketing management- financial services .co-op ..1r study 1 yr work permit.

what is the chance for getting

thanks

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBD said:
hey chippies,

how is GBC ...planning for Marketing management- financial services .co-op ..1r study 1 yr work permit.

what is the chance for getting

thanks
Is that a Postgraduate programme? Are you asking your chances of getting in the college or getting a PR status?

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
Chippies,

yes its a 1 year Post-Graduate diploma programme with co -op and i year work permit after that

i was asking about getting jobs and then eventually getting PR .

my profile is below

I have done my Bcom Hons in Accountancy & Finance (India) 2004 - 2007
Completed my MBA in Finance (India) 2007 - 2009
Having more than 3 years of Experience in the Investment Banking industry with employers like HSBC , CITI, Barclays, have dealt with various financial products and markets.

Thanks

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBD said:
hey chippies.

Please advise mate..!
YES u can get your PR.
Sorry for the late response. Different time zones. Oh yes, definitely. It's fairly straightforward and easy.

As long as you have study experience and job offer in canada. You could apply under the PNP if you manage to be offered full time permanent job while you are studying.

In BC it takes 6months under the PNP. 6months of full time work in order to apply for the PR. Other provinces have different criteria again.

Hope that helps. You are good to go ;)

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
hey thanks chippies.

i see you have got a job offer directly ..which is great.

would you mind telling about it and sharing your profile.

thanks

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBD said:
hey thanks chippies.

i see you have got a job offer directly ..which is great.

would you mind telling about it and sharing your profile.

thanks
I will be sharing it when everything's up and running. ;) Thanks

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
ok great chippies , all the best for it.

are you into finance or what is your field of ur work..?
may be i can get an insight into my work with the help of yours.
:)

as you are aware of my profile., i have the following courses to choose for my study in canada.

Marketing management - Financial services (co-op) : George Brown college
International business management (co-op) : Niagara College

Also project management seems to be one of the option.

By any chance you can help me decide which should be the option for my study keeping in mind the jobs available in canada.

thanks for your help..!

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBD said:
ok great chippies , all the best for it.

are you into finance or what is your field of ur work..?
may be i can get an insight into my work with the help of yours.
:)

as you are aware of my profile., i have the following courses to choose for my study in canada.

Marketing management - Financial services (co-op) : George Brown college
International business management (co-op) : Niagara College

Also project management seems to be one of the option.

By any chance you can help me decide which should be the option for my study keeping in mind the jobs available in canada.

thanks for your help..!
Hey NBD!

I'm doing hospitality and tourism management diploma in Canada atm + I had done 3years of BsC(hone) Business and Management back in England.

The hospitality industry is always shortage of people because of the high turnover rate. Most people don't stay long, I guess it's just not for them but I love the industry and definitely a great job prospect. Some hotels do sponsor your education so it's good to find the right employer.

I think as long as that's what you wanna do, run for it! Oh! And my advice would be .. do lots of research in your chosen field. ;) All the best NBD!

MrKhan80

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Dear Friends,

I am interested in applying uni of Alberta is this university is ok how much fees they will ask initially to submit for getting admission letter as i have short of finances .

Postgrad Diploma from University of bradford uk (is this enough for waving ILETS Condition)
BE 3.5
INTER 67%
MATRIC 58%

Regards