Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
Hello all, need some clarity on counting days for citizenship for these 2 situations:

1) Flight from Toronto to US cancelled

Passed CBP (US) check at Toronto airport and got an entry stamp on passport as a visitor, but flight was cancelled due to bad weather and had to return home. Did not pass through CBSA check on the way back

- do I declare it in days calculator as "flight cancelled" and mark it as 0 days of absence?

or

- do not declare it as there was no CBSA entry?

2) Flew in past midnight but the entry stamp has the day before

The flight from US was delayed and got in past midnight at 1:00 AM on Sep 6, so pretty sure the PR card was scanned for Sep 6, but the entry stamp on passport by CBSA has Sep 5.

- declare entry into Canada as Sep 5 or Sep 6?

--

Thanks!

Last edited:

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
I had similar scenarios..I didn't declare when my flight delayed and I canceled just before US CBP at Pearson Airport, as I felt not relevant. But since you passed the CBP checkpoint and had a Passport stamp there , maybe good idea and should declare as 0 days with explanation as it will show up in their system. I declared the actual date/time of entry for case 2. Cheers!

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I would always declare these things and just put it into the comments.

For your second point, I was due back into Canada late (10pm?) and got in about 1am, I didn't check the date on the stamp, but I did list the new day as my return. If the stamp is off, declare it right and in the comments put "Stamp date hadn't been updated, actually landed Sept 6th 1am" or similar.