+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Days after 1st stage approval in H&C application

Istikbalt

Jan 23, 2018
I am in citizenship application process. Do they count the days after the first stage approval in H&C application, for physical presence? I know that the days before PR count as half days, even if they count them, but I am not sure if the days after first stage count at all.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I am in citizenship application process. Do they count the days after the first stage approval in H&C application, for physical presence? I know that the days before PR count as half days, even if they count them, but I am not sure if the days after first stage count at all.
What is H&C application ? You must be a permanent resident to count days as “full” one days.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
with tmporary status or AIP or protected person you can you can count half the duration for a maximum of 1 year that you can have.
with CoPR you count all days

Reactions: Istikbalt

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
may i know what was your h&c case ?
i applied this year

Istikbalt

Jan 23, 2018
with tmporary status or AIP or protected person you can you can count half the duration for a maximum of 1 year that you can have.
Can i asked your source for AIP part because i couldnt find it in any written material.

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
i advice you to ask @Ayanna but i can confirm that after AIP you are a legal person and you don't have to apply for a temporary status
Hi @Istikbalt ? did you get the answer from @Ayanna?
I have the same situation,Do I count days in full from AIP until the date of CoPR!
I remember the officer said its already you have one year now? but I still need to check that, there is nothing clear for our cases in Physical Presence terms for any H&C PRs.
Thanks

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi wello711! how can you confirm you can count as half the duration for AIP, because I had an interview this morning with the officer after being applied to my citizenship from last year, and did the citizenship test and now he is terminating my application indicating that it only be counted when we have PR, no days or half days counted before PR for H&C PR people.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi wello711! how can you confirm you can count as half the duration for AIP, because I had an interview this morning with the officer after being applied to my citizenship from last year, and did the citizenship test and now he is terminating my application indicating that it only be counted when we have PR, no days or half days counted before PR for H&C PR people.
Hi @hurricane_loop i saw your comment this morning and i was shocked !
The information that the duration with AIP counts for half in the application for citizenship was confirmed by Ayanna, a former member of this group.
May i know if you applied for work or study permit with your AIP ? Maybe they calculate the duration only when you apply for a work or study permit with the AIP

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi @hurricane_loop i saw your comment this morning and i was shocked !
The information that the duration with AIP counts for half in the application for citizenship was confirmed by Ayanna, a former member of this group.
May i know if you applied for work or study permit with your AIP ? Maybe they calculate the duration only when you apply for a work or study permit with the AIP
on that time When I approved, I did apply to Work Permit, and they rejected my application and reimbursed my money for the application, stating that AIP doesn't need to have work permit as its already this AIP meets the status here in Canada to work!

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
on that time When I approved, I did apply to Work Permit, and they rejected my application and reimbursed my money for the application, stating that AIP doesn't need to have work permit as its already this AIP meets the status here in Canada to work!
OMG !
it's possible to apply for work or study permit with AIP !!! why they refused it !?
Did you had a valid work permit at that time ? maybe this is why they reimbursed your money

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Try to contact a good lawyer,
I checked the information on the physical presence calculator in Canada to know if the AIP is listed or not but I did not find it