+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Day 69 CAIPS/GCMS Notes still not received

Sirish

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Apologies for frequent post regarding my GCMS notes delay but it is extremely frustrating and depressing to keep waiting such long period just to get hands on my visa refusal notes. With Christmas and new year around the corner, I assume I won't get any update on my file until January 1st? Is there any time limit to receive the notes?

I had ordered my GCMS Notes + Copies of my documents on 16th of October. On November 15, the agency received following communication from the IRCC (for the Copies of Documents):

That, in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

However, no any update and/or response has been received for the GCMS Notes. The agency say they have had two failed status request query with the IRCC. And recently, they offered to lodge a complaint to the ICC.

P.S.: I am not disclosing the agency name as I do not believe it is their fault that my file is delayed.

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
hmmm...hence I never suggest seeing an Agent. Waste of time mate!
I would order another one if I were you.
I endorse your point of view. Agents are not reliable at all. They should only be involved to the extent of assistance, rest must be done by ourselves

Sirish

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I am not physically present in Canada nor do I have any friends or relatives so had to use the service of a 3rd party for the GCMS notes, as for my processing I did not seek an agent

Jul 21, 2017
** Remarks : EDU DOCS UNDER LOA **

Recently received GCMS notes, in remarks it mentioned as above can any one tell what that means. Student visa

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
** Remarks : EDU DOCS UNDER LOA **

Recently received GCMS notes, in remarks it mentioned as above can any one tell what that means. Student visa
As far as I underdstand, it means education documents under letter of acceptance. May be this is the order in which you have arranged your documents.

Reactions: Karthikkristan

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Just an observation, but since they have added a 60 day extension to the 30 day processing times, they are still within the anticipated processing. I know that doesn’t help your situation much, but that’s how it reads to me. Filing a complaint won’t do much until the 90 days is passed.

Sirish

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Just an observation, but since they have added a 60 day extension to the 30 day processing times, they are still within the anticipated processing. I know that doesn’t help your situation much, but that’s how it reads to me. Filing a complaint won’t do much until the 90 days is passed.
The 60 days extension is for the Copies of the documents and not the GCMS notes, so I am worried

jaideepssingh

Nov 10, 2017
Apologies for frequent post regarding my GCMS notes delay but it is extremely frustrating and depressing to keep waiting such long period just to get hands on my visa refusal notes. With Christmas and new year around the corner, I assume I won't get any update on my file until January 1st? Is there any time limit to receive the notes?

I had ordered my GCMS Notes + Copies of my documents on 16th of October. On November 15, the agency received following communication from the IRCC (for the Copies of Documents):

That, in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

However, no any update and/or response has been received for the GCMS Notes. The agency say they have had two failed status request query with the IRCC. And recently, they offered to lodge a complaint to the ICC.

P.S.: I am not disclosing the agency name as I do not believe it is their fault that my file is delayed.
I received same reply Regarding my GCMS notes. The 3rd party service is used suggested a surge in notes requests and said that majority of the notes r being delayed. What was your experience? Did you get your PR?