+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date you met the sponsors family

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I'm just wondering if we need to put only the family members that we met in person? My husband was able to meet my family in person. I haven't met his family yet in person. However, they already know about our relationship way back 2015 and I have met them through Facebook video chat. Thank you very much.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
I'm just wondering if we need to put only the family members that we met in person? My husband was able to meet my family in person. I haven't met his family yet in person. However, they already know about our relationship way back 2015 and I have met them through Facebook video chat. Thank you very much.
I see no problem with explaining it in your application just as you did here.

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I'm just wondering about filling out the forms. Do your family know about your relationship? Then the following questions is if yes, write the date when u met them. So am wondering the meeting cic is referring is the meeting in person? Or it's okay to write meeting on video chat only.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I'm just wondering about filling out the forms. Do your family know about your relationship? Then the following questions is if yes, write the date when u met them. So am wondering the meeting cic is referring is the meeting in person? Or it's okay to write meeting on video chat only.
I filled those out and then put N/A in the date fields and explained, just as you did, that we haven't met in person, but did meet online (approximately when) and also since when they know about the relationship (since usually they first find out and then meeting - online or in person - happens later).

Don't worry and don't overthink it - long distance relationship aren't anything new to the IRCC.

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Thank you very much for your response. I'm planning to put there the names of my family members who met my husband in person I can still remember the dates of their meeting in person since it was recent. How did you write your explanation? Was it in a letter form with Dear Sir/Madam as salutation?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you very much for your response. I'm planning to put there the names of my family members who met my husband in person I can still remember the dates of their meeting in person since it was recent. How did you write your explanation? Was it in a letter form with Dear Sir/Madam as salutation?
I think there's a box right under that question that's for any explanations related to it so I put that explanation there.

My big letter was related to the question that asks if there's anything else you'd like to add to support your relationship. I first indicated who was writing it (written by Principal Applicant First name Last name) and then wrote in the box til I ran out of space. Then I continued it on a separate sheet of paper (I indicated where it would be continued) and paper clipped my paper to the back of that form. So I didn't have a salutation since the beginning is just me answering a question from the form.

But a lot of people write these letters in different ways and I'm sure a lot of them do start with Dear Sir/Madam and the like. No need to stress over the details like that - whatever you decide is going to be fine in the end. They get thousands of apps every year and everyone has their own way of filling out stuff, explaining, writing letters, etc.

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Oh thank you so much that's a big help. Regarding no. 14 on that same form there is interpreter declaration. We are not using an interpreter. Do we leave it blank or it's better to handwrie N/A next to it after we have printed out the form. Thank you very much.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Oh thank you so much that's a big help. Regarding no. 14 on that same form there is interpreter declaration. We are not using an interpreter. Do we leave it blank or it's better to handwrie N/A next to it after we have printed out the form. Thank you very much.
I'd put in N/A but even if you left it blank it would be fine.