+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DARKEST SIDE OF TRUTH

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
FOR A FOREIGN FREAK WHO WANTS TO STUDY ,WORK AND SETTLE -ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS IS A WAY TO GO..

IS IT REALLY A WORTHY DECISION STUDYING AND IMMIGRATING TO SOME FOREIGN COUNTRY ?
(spending around at least 2500000 lacs(PG MBA) that also even in case of some average university with nil job guarantee or entry level job and also you will sanction loan as you are a middle class person not some richass)
(You cannot even blame anyone for job)
(paying higher interest rates on loans )
(No one knows what is going to happen there)
(I have an average academic profile 10+12+bba =65%)

The only thing we can work hard is on GMAT and IELTS after such a academic profile but still its unpredictable about job

IS THERE ANYWAY AT LEAST WE CAN AVAIL SCHOLARSHIP THROUGH GMAT EXAM OR ANY OTHER OTHER EXAM ?

{LESSER LOAN-REDUCED DEPRESSION-REDUCED TUTION FEES-OBVIOUSLY IMPROVED CAPABILITY}

IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN TEST YOUR ABILITY,CALIBER,LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL SKILLS BEFORE SPENDING SUCH BIG AMOUNT ?

Because if you come back to India after spending loaned Lacs of money there in Canada your cad univ is not valued here in India or Indian univ(EXCEPT IIMS) is not valued in foreign
Indian procedures are different crack mat/cat to gain admission in in some good college or univ and then some good or average job
That means if you are dreaming foreign university then study and sniff out the job in foreign (entry level-average job-good job) to repay your loan with interest and apply for PR

OR
Wants to stay in home country only then forget about foreign.
You will be wasted if you are back to India after spending lacs of money .You will lose your dignity,pride,self respect and completely broken from inside (20 to 50 lacs)
Am I right ? Its very complicated,I am F##ked up ,all of these these thoughts are passing in my mind every second as exactly cars passing on highway.I am driving nuts... Huh Huh
Cut throat competition and time is precious . ??? ???

I REQUEST YOU TO SHARE YOUR EXPEREINCES AND SUGGESTIONS HERE SO THAT IT CAN HELP EVERY FREAK LIKE ME

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
plzhelpme said:
IS IT REALLY A WORTHY DECISION STUDYING AND IMMIGRATING TO SOME FOREIGN COUNTRY ?
(spending around at least 2500000 lacs(PG MBA) that also even in case of some average university with nil job guarantee or entry level job and also you will sanction loan as you are a middle class person not some richass)

The only thing we can work hard is on GMAT and IELTS after such a academic profile but still its unpredictable about job

IS THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN TEST YOUR ABILITY,CALIBER,LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL SKILLS BEFORE SPENDING SUCH BIG AMOUNT ?

Because if you come back to India after spending loaned Lacs of money there in Canada your cad univ is not valued here in India or Indian univ(EXCEPT IIMS) is not valued in foreign
Indian procedures are different crack mat/cat to gain admission in in some good college or univ and then some good or average job
That means if you are dreaming foreign university then study and sniff out the job in foreign (entry level-average job-good job) to repay your loan with interest and apply for PR

OR
You will be wasted if you are back to India after spending lacs of money .You will lose your dignity,pride,self respect and completely broken from inside (20 to 50 lacs)
Am I right ? Its very complicated,I am F##ked up ,all of these these thoughts are passing in my mind every second as exactly cars passing on highway.I am driving nuts... Huh Huh
@plzhelpme totally understand your condition what you must be going through as its hard to go out of your comfort zone and the then do something which brings a big risk. Job guarantee is nowhere in this world even guys from IIT's,IIM's ,MIT face rejections then what? IS THIS THE END.

Well you have to be strong and mentally stable what you want to do. if you want to do MBA then why not INDIA? you want to study abroad so that you can settle there after your course. You should be confident that you will give your 100% and should be ready with any kinda job in intial phase so to survive the heat out there.

All i can say is 90% people who choose to study abroad has same thoughts going through in there mind. be strong think from all perspective and be prepared for the condition what next if you have to come back and i m sure you wont loose your dignity pride self respect because you gave your 100%.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree, I am also in the same situation, with similar thoughts.. but then,
Once a decision made, do not think if its right or wrong, make it go right!

Be prepared for a couple of tough years and then you will definitely get what you deserve.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
plzhelpme said:

OR
yes its is very confusing ......MBA from foreign university is tough and jobs after r even more tough so make an informed decision ....research both options and make an informed decision...

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
@ AzharSPP Great job explaining all the country beautifully.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

Nothing against India.
But i'm happy in Canada.
I just did a diploma.
I'm starting my journey for CFA.
And Canada is a best place for finance related jobs.
I can definitely tell you.
Education will help you to secure a interview call.
But you'll hired because of your personal skills.
As we come to Canada as student.
So we have enough of time and support to polish our skills.
If you have a career plan and you stick to it.
Then i don't think you'll ever face any problem regarding quality jobs.
Time is money here.
Opportunity just come once in Canada.
So always try to grab, before anyone takes it.

Good Luck.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
FOR A FOREIGN FREAK WHO WANTS TO STUDY ,WORK AND SETTLE -ANSWER TO THESE QUESTIONS IS A WAY TO GO..

it depends on u... r u worth anything? ru a good student can u make the right choices will u work hard ....life is not a piece of cake here ....people in ur home country will get a job faster than u and get setteled faster but u will be more happier in the long run. quality of life is way better in canada. I believe loan should be the last option and should be avoided as far as possible. dont be under the illusion u will get a job right after ur graduation and u will pay the loan...even if u get a job paying off loan is difficult .

IS THERE ANYWAY AT LEAST WE CAN AVAIL SCHOLARSHIP THROUGH GMAT EXAM OR ANY OTHER OTHER EXAM ?

{LESSER LOAN-REDUCED DEPRESSION-REDUCED TUTION FEES-OBVIOUSLY IMPROVED CAPABILITY}

u can try to find scholarships from india itself after getting a good GMAT score and making it a point not to pursue canada unless u have scholarship but the choice is urs. like i said loan should be last option ...dont put ur family back home at risk. think about it this way if u cannot get a job in india how do u expect to get a job in foreign country? something has to change for u to get a job in a foreign country. practical experience or good grades.
u can get experience of 3-4 years save money and then try for canada ..if ur trying for MBA i highly suggest u get professional experience. Also get experience in the field/industry u really want to stick to in future. MBA is just a degree a piece of paper employers r not gonna hire a MBA just cause of the degree ....MBA make administrative /managerial decisions for the company they r not gonna hire someone who does not know their industry. when u have experience u know the industry which will look very good on ur resume.

alternatively
if u have lots of money i suggest u do MS in ur engineering field (assuming ur an engineer) then get an entry level job in canada after studies for few years and then go for MBA which will be ideal situation as u will have canadian experience.

spoiltz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
aman singh said:
Hi,

Nothing against India.
But i'm happy in Canada.
I just did a diploma.
I'm starting my journey for CFA.
And Canada is a best place for finance related jobs.
I can definitely tell you.
Education will help you to secure a interview call.
But you'll hired because of your personal skills.
As we come to Canada as student.
So we have enough of time and support to polish our skills.
If you have a career plan and you stick to it.
Then i don't think you'll ever face any problem regarding quality jobs.
Time is money here.
Opportunity just come once in Canada.
So always try to grab, before anyone takes it.

Good Luck.
Rightly said. I arrived in Victoria, BC, Canada in may 2013. And, now my college is paying for my rent and food. I made connections, at the orientation and after that, got elected as the International Student Society's Vice-President, last week. And, also started working for the college newspaper. Now, for sitting in the student society office, i get paid 16 CAD an hour. In my opinion this is pretty good for a guy, who arrived just a cpl of months ago. It may also be sheer luck, and you may not be as lucky as me, but i really talk a lot, and love listening to people.
I am taking Post Degree Diploma in Marketing, and i must say, the college has been a lot of help. The faculty and staff is really very good. I have been concentrating on my studies, getting good marks. So, My marketing head is very impressed by me, and asked me to participate in a competition among the business schools, of northern america. Univ. like UCLA participate in it. I know we may not win, but this will surely be an experience.

So, my friends don't get depressed by thinking about worse. Just keep ur mind clear, stay on the track, study hard, make connections wherever u go, communicate. In Canada, if you are right, ppl support you.

It will definitely give you desired success.
There will always be people, who did not get what they hoped for, but that is just because of lack of something at their part. There will always be haters.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
very well said guys! So nice to hear positive things . Thanks.

Well, I am not yet in Canada, but will be flying pretty soon for a PG Certificate Course.

I have done a lot of research and asked a number of people about their experiences, and I concluded that your hard work and dedication surely pays off.

I am working with an MNC presently, making a decision to quit and starting my career from scratch has been tough for me. But when you think of better life standards and career in long run, it assures you that your decision is correct.

james905

Apr 26, 2013
I agree with your assumptions and concerns. You got to pay something if you want to live in one of the best place on Earth. I do not think if MBA (from any Canadian school) will guarantee you any job. You got to start from 'scratch'. The job market over here is altogether different than what we are used to in our homeland (mainly 3rd World countries). I do not think if you can secure a job just by applying online (this what most of us do!), it's really about networking, connection and whom you know...However, it does not mean that connection will help you straight forward. But, it will help you to reach up to interview level...Apart from networking, your soft skills are equally very important (that's why you should be more with whites than desi...). When it comes to soft skills, you will be surprised to see how different it's over here.

plzhelpme said:

OR

I REQUEST YOU TO SHARE YOUR EXPEREINCES AND SUGGESTIONS HERE SO THAT IT CAN HELP EVERY FREAK LIKE ME

james905

Apr 26, 2013
I agree with your words. Still, if you do not mind I would like to contradict you. What you are talking about is happening inside your campus...like being appointed with in campus, studying hard/scoring good marks, going for some academic competition....etc. I think it will surely help you but I strongly believe if you want to survive in Canada (specially in Victoria!) then you got "to move out of your campus and know people, make connections, understand what/why/how thing work here..."

I hope you liked Victoria, no doubt the most beautiful place in Canada. If you get time, visit some of my favourite places: Royal Oak (Emily Carr), Clover point (Dallas Road), Sooke (East), Sydney harbor.

spoiltz said:
Rightly said. I arrived in Victoria, BC, Canada in may 2013. And, now my college is paying for my rent and food. I made connections, at the orientation and after that, got elected as the International Student Society's Vice-President, last week. And, also started working for the college newspaper. Now, for sitting in the student society office, i get paid 16 CAD an hour. In my opinion this is pretty good for a guy, who arrived just a cpl of months ago. It may also be sheer luck, and you may not be as lucky as me, but i really talk a lot, and love listening to people.
I am taking Post Degree Diploma in Marketing, and i must say, the college has been a lot of help. The faculty and staff is really very good. I have been concentrating on my studies, getting good marks. So, My marketing head is very impressed by me, and asked me to participate in a competition among the business schools, of northern america. Univ. like UCLA participate in it. I know we may not win, but this will surely be an experience.

So, my friends don't get depressed by thinking about worse. Just keep ur mind clear, stay on the track, study hard, make connections wherever u go, communicate. In Canada, if you are right, ppl support you.

It will definitely give you desired success.
There will always be people, who did not get what they hoped for, but that is just because of lack of something at their part. There will always be haters.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
everything you do in life is a risk.

Its perfectly normal to feel what you are feeling but how you handle these situations in life is what defines you as a man.
Whats the guarantee that if you study in India you will not be wasting your parents money? In my experience, nobody is an average student because of some external force, its a choice. So you can pucker up and study hard and be a grade A student or you can be an average student, decision is yours.

As far as canada is concerned, nobody guarantees you that things will always go as planned. They never do regardless of if you are in India or Canada. But things do work out in life in the long run. You just have to roll with the punches and keep going, keep trying.

I'll share my story. I arrived here back in 2002 with a year's tution in my pocket. My father gave me the money and said thats all he could afford. I had 3 more years of tution to come up with and no idea how to. Oh and i was an average student in India but by choice.

I went through a rough patch in my 3rd year and my GPA went below the university minimum and i was put on probation, meaning one more grade less than C and i would be kicked out of university for atleast 2 years. I repeated a semester and got straight A's in the same courses i flunked. The dean ended up waiving a course's worth of credits i needed to graduate just so i didnt have to come back for another semester only to finish an elective. That saved me both time and money.

My second term at a co-op job and i was asked to resign due to some differences with a colleague. That put a sore spot on my resume but it was probably for the better. Now i am a canadian citizen, work for the govt and have a pretty good life.

So if a screw up like me can etch out a decent life for himself, i'm sure anobody can. Here's how i did it:

1. Accept whatever is happening in your life. Dont be in denial. If you get bad grades, accept the fact you didnt study hard. Nobody else is to blame.
2. Believe in yourself. You are no dumber than anyone and as smart as anyone.
3. Work hard. although im not a religious person but if i was i would say work hard, give your 110% and leave the rest on god.
4. If you fail once, try again. I know it sounds cheesy but its true. the moment you give up, you are creating a habit of giving up and thats all you will do in life; give up.
5. always have a plan B, always. Whatever you are doing, small or big, always think through each scenario that can happen and have another way out if things go south. For e.g. what if your plan for PR does not work out, what then? or what if you do not get a co-op in the summer, what then? Planning helps you be prepared in situations where normally people freak out and make stupid moves.

In the end, all i will say is that life is a risk in itself and only those succeed who take the risk. Wayne Gretzky (canadian hockey legend) said "you miss 100% of the chances you do not take".

Best of Luck

spoiltz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
james905 said:
I agree with your words. Still, if you do not mind I would like to contradict you. What you are talking about is happening inside your campus...like being appointed with in campus, studying hard/scoring good marks, going for some academic competition....etc. I think it will surely help you but I strongly believe if you want to survive in Canada (specially in Victoria!) then you got "to move out of your campus and know people, make connections, understand what/why/how thing work here..."

I hope you liked Victoria, no doubt the most beautiful place in Canada. If you get time, visit some of my favourite places: Royal Oak (Emily Carr), Clover point (Dallas Road), Sooke (East), Sydney harbor.

Thanks james, i surely appreciate ur advice.
Victoria, is undountedly most beautiful place, i have been to.

Regarding, "moving out of your campus" i do interact with a lot of people at banks, restro's, actually wherever i go to. I know all of the good things are happening inside the campus, but since i communicate a lot, wherever i go, i have been able to find "advertisements"(from various businesses here) for my college newspaper, which is a start in my field of marketing. I get paid for the every advertisement i find for the newspaper.

So, overall i think, am getting there, where you want me to :)

Really thanks, for the suggestions, i will definitely check out those places. Whr do u reside in canada?