Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Hi Guys No news From Dar Visas Office? I am really concerned why noone is requesting PPR :(. Are ALL embassies involved in Syrian Refugees immigration making them busy?

Deesavids

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar es salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21
File Transfer...
July 20
Med's Done....
Feb 10
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
I was about to ask the same thing am wondering y we hvnt got any one getg ppr for this long
all forums r silent is it osagyefo :p

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Received second set of notes that were requested on November 10 and received on December 10 and there hadn't been any changes since the notes that were received from October. So frustrating!! Been "In Process" since October 9th but says it has been processing since July 16. Keep praying that something will happen soon!

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Sorry about that Tun, I guess Dar embassy are busy with Syrian files(My view poit). no PPR to anyone of us, and now you clarified no movement at all. we had thought that Dar was a best way to accelarate files and process faster than before, but it's becoming longe than when it was under Nairobi.

DaR Visa OfFice if any1 read this, please show us the difference please.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
This is frustrating no PPR.. my file was transferred in March 2015.. still hvnt heard anything yet. No idea how much long is this going to take. Meds hv expired last month as well but they hvnt requested new remeds.. not sure if they will extend it..No idea what's happening n with the holidays approaching I doubt will hear anything until next year.

lonelyguy said:
Sorry about that Tun, I guess Dar embassy are busy with Syrian files(My view poit). no PPR to anyone of us, and now you clarified no movement at all. we had thought that Dar was a best way to accelarate files and process faster than before, but it's becoming longe than when it was under Nairobi.

DaR Visa OfFice if any1 read this, please show us the difference please.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Hello Samji.Did you try to write to Them?Try and see. me I did and m still waiting for the feedback. And Nairobi Could reply before them telling me that my file was transfered to Dar.We had been thinking that Dar would be the best way to accelerate our files. but in situation like this Nairobi was better than it is now.we I sometimes ask myself if they ever try to put themselves in our situations.
My medicals are still valid but will expire soon as well.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
No i haven't written to them yet.. But will write to them very soon we got a new passport so I am going to write them a letter and also send a new copy of passport as its now a different number n all. I will send it to Niarobi tho as I know they had transferred it to Niarobi.. then this whole new dar thing came up so no idea now where file is but for now I will just send it to Niarobi n let's see what happens.

lonelyguy said:
Hello Samji.Did you try to write to Them?Try and see. me I did and m still waiting for the feedback. And Nairobi Could reply before them telling me that my file was transfered to Dar.We had been thinking that Dar would be the best way to accelerate our files. but in situation like this Nairobi was better than it is now.we I sometimes ask myself if they ever try to put themselves in our situations.
My medicals are still valid but will expire soon as well.

LONGJURNEY

Dec 16, 2015
Hey guys, I had also actually thought things would go fast at DAR ES SALAAM VO, but it looks like it's far from what I was thinking. I tried to get in touch with the office, and all I can tell you is that all applications showing in process, are all in processing queue, but that doesn't mean they are all being worked on now. my application started showing in process on ECAS, by the beginning of October. When I contacted them they said the application is waiting to be assigned to an immigration Officer by the beginning of January 2016. the background checks have not been done yet. you are probably lucky If after reviewing your applications, they haven't determined that an interview is required, because that can put even more delays. In my case they have requested to send more proofs showing the legitimacy of our relationship. My thinking is that if your applications are showing in process now, it is likely that they have been assigned to immigration officers, or are waiting to be assigned early next year. If all information these officers require is complete, the next step is LIKELY to be PPR. It looks like it's not done until it is done. Good lucky guys and hoping the best for all of you.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
@Samji. Yeah. they were supposed to inform all of us officially that our files were sent to Dar, as they did when they sent them to Nbi.
But myself already Nbi told me that, and I could see that from my notes.
@Longjourney thanks for sharing your experience.any idea why Dar seems to be taking longer than Nbi was taking?in Nbi most of files use to be done whitin 8 months.with just a few exceptions not being done.

peteroc

Sep 14, 2015
It is not right to blame Syrian refugee issue for these delays in the Dar office. The office already proved to be slow before the refugee issue came up. For example, my friend who got her spousal sponsorship PR from the Nairobi office this year, told me that Nairobi took 2 months to move her application from "Application Received" to "In Process". In my case, the Dar office took 3 months to move our application from "Application Received" to "In Process". This is when I first realized that Dar was slower. When I wrote to the Dar office to ask them to confirm that they had received our application, it took 1 MONTH for them to reply my query. 1 MONTH!

Anyways, the next step is to moving the application from "In Process" to Passport request. My friend who got her PR last year from Nairobi, told me that for Nairobi, it took at least 6 months. This implies that the Dar office may take 7-9 months. So if your application became "In Process" in October 2015, probably Dar will respond around May-July 2016 with passport request (Or another medical request if your medical has expired).

Anyways, let's toughen our hearts and remember that if anyone's life is in your hands, "do unto others as you would like to be done unto you."

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Good morning Peter, would you share your timeline? what is your status now?IP? when did you apply when was it transferred.
I think the refugees issue is apart of the fact, but still even some embassies continue to process a little bit the files they had received.for some embassies it seems thy have totally stopped other process.

Immigration would have thought how to deal with Refugees file without causing problems other immigration services.If people are not stable(because they are not with their loved ones), it also impact whatever the country can expect from them.example(might affect our productivity at work, some might visit hospitals due to stress and depression which take their time, Doctor's and ressources, and more). In brief government gain in Procession our files faster. why they don't learn from European Immigration?My Friend in UK it took him 3 months. :(

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
So when we had received our last notes the first page of information had not been updated to show the email address that was on the Spousal application, it was still the information that was used when a visitors visa was applied for. The contact information was still for an Immigration Consultant that we had used previously, the Spousal Permanent Residency application we did our selves. So I emailed Dar Es Salaam with a Case Enquiry to tell them or remind them what the email address was on the application so they wouldn't send it to the Consultant that we used. Received an automated email to say that they received it but no reply. Just to cover all bases I also sent an email to Nairobi explaining the email situation. Actually got a personal answer from them stating that as of July 1 2015 all Tanzania applications ( as well as some other countries they listed) are now being processed as their new VO in Dar Es Salaam. So to me it looks like Dar Es Salaam is now on its own and is done with the training from Nairobi. So hopefully things will start moving a little faster now that they are passing things back and forth. Keeping our fingers crossed!!

LONGJURNEY

Dec 16, 2015
like I said earlier, when I contacted the office I was told all in process applications at Dar VO are being assigned to immigration officers for final processing. we should hopefully start hearing good news soon.