+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

nafas

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
sepiide said:
good news, just be careful KLM is gonna cancel flight to/from iran from Apr.
yes thanks ,I am aware of that , that is why it is one way. My experience with KLM was very pleasant comparing to LH , :-X

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
sepiide said:
i know its gonna get punched but this is exactly what i read on applyabroad پرواز به کانادا ( بلیت، آژانس، خطوط هواپیمایی) a few months ago. maybe they're not punching the visa page. i was looking for the post right now. anyways i think i must ask IKA regarding that cuz i need a reliable source.

http://www.applyabroad.org/forum/showthread.php?46711-%DA%AF%D8%B0%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%87-%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C-%D9%88-%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%AF-%D8%A2%D9%86/page3
Sepide jan, it was the first time I was hearing of its possibility. Then I checked some 3rd party websites like the forum you've mentioned and saw the same thing you've said. However, I could not find anything official. Most foreign ppl who used their old passports with valid visas reported minor problems in the Canadian immigration centre at the Canadian airport. The point is that, the things for an Iranian passenger may always get a little bit more complicated. It's very probable that your passport got checked by an officer in the transit airport, and due to my experience they are not cooperative, kind, and merciful at all esp in European airports. I, myself, never can take such a risk.
I actually was very optimistic you receive your PPR email these days while our landing fee request was very near to yours. If I were you, I go for a passport renewal ASAP. I guess it usually takes 14-21 days to get a new one. The most unlikely days to get PPR are Saturdays to Mondays. So the best days to apply for a new passport are the same. Even if you get your PPR in Tuesday, most travel agencies get your passport just Sundays. So, normally you will lose at least a week if we think that you are gonna be PPRed next week.

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
cyrus56 said:
Sepide jan, it was the first time I was hearing of its possibility. Then I checked some 3rd party websites like the forum you've mentioned and saw the same thing you've said. However, I could not find anything official. Most foreign ppl who used their old passports with valid visas reported minor problems in the Canadian immigration centre at the Canadian airport. The point is that, the things for an Iranian passenger may always get a little bit more complicated. It's very probable that your passport got checked by an officer in the transit airport, and due to my experience they are not cooperative, kind, and merciful at all esp in European airports. I, myself, never can take such a risk.
I actually was very optimistic you receive your PPR email these days while our landing fee request was very near to yours. If I were you, I go for a passport renewal ASAP. I guess it usually takes 14-21 days to get a new one. The most unlikely days to get PPR are Saturdays to Mondays. So the best days to apply for a new passport are the same. Even if you get your PPR in Tuesday, most travel agencies get your passport just Sundays. So, normally you will lose at least a week if we think that you are gonna be PPRed next week.
thank u for ur consideration Cyrus jan. actually i'm so anxious n worried these day. i'm really sick of this waiting n as u said really hope to get my visa soon n good to know we have paid the RPRF at first but unfortunately they asked for it again n we had to aware them about it n finally it has already caused a delay on our app :( u know i dont want anymore delaysss. my passport is gonna expire on 19jan2014 n i'm allowed to depart till the end of May i think. i'd rather wait till mid April n if nothing comes get it renewed.

goli

Nov 25, 2012
mamad2020 said:
Hi Goli,
They also check to see whether the marriage is actually genuine. There are a lot of fake marriages where the person (usually a male) pays someone here a large sum of money to get married so that he can come to Canada. I personally know ann Iranian couple like that from many years ago. I made me sick when I heard this.
Yeah, it make sense. I am happy they do these checks. It's a shame some people do these things.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
Hey guys! i have a question about passport renewal- for those of you living in iran or those of you that had to renew your passports- can you renew your passport before the expiry date? or do you have to wait for it to officially expire before renewing it??? and how long does it take????and for those of you that got the golden email-do they issue visa based on the passport expiry or medical? anyone please????

Szymiec

Feb 15, 2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
Hey guys! i have a question about passport renewal- for those of you living in iran or those of you that had to renew your passports- can you renew your passport before the expiry date? or do you have to wait for it to officially expire before renewing it??? and how long does it take????and for those of you that got the golden email-do they issue visa based on the passport expiry or medical? anyone please????
Hi,

My Iranian wife got a new passport in Tehran, Feb 2012 and it took about one month. She had at least two full years of validity in her old one. They will punch a hole in your old passport and let you keep it while the new one is being processed. I would recommend scanning everything before getting it punched though. As you know, Iran is quite dynamic these days so it may have changed since then.

I hope this helps.
Szymiec.

Szymiec

Feb 15, 2013
cyrus56 said:
I have a recommendation for Iranians. Fly to Istanbul[no visa needed] and then get a direct flight on Turkish Airways to Toronto. A little more expensive but easy, nice and stress free.

Also, women with Islamic photos usually get pulled aside in the line so the person can take a closer look at their face and photo. That is the only thing we have experienced with international travel. Pretty standard. we have been through, pakistan, Kryg, Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Malaysia and Bangladesh without any problems whatsoever. Sadly, we can not yet comment on going to Canada.

Also, as a Canadian born Canadian, i avoid Heathrow like the plague. It is dismal place where everyone seems to hate life. I saw one security guard take away a kids skate board and throw it in the garbage right in front of him, before telling him to keep moving. Pretty shocking.

I hope this helps.
Szymiec.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
thank you
Szymiec said:
Hi,

My Iranian wife got a new passport in Tehran, Feb 2012 and it took about one month. She had at least two full years of validity in her old one. They will punch a hole in your old passport and let you keep it while the new one is being processed. I would recommend scanning everything before getting it punched though. As you know, Iran is quite dynamic these days so it may have changed since then.

I hope this helps.
Szymiec.

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
haj mehdi said:
NO NEWS guys???
Yes, some good news on our side. We were finally able to access eCAS today (it didn't work for 10 days) and our status changed to In Process on February 4, the same day as the interview. It looks like the visa officer believed our marriage is bona fide.

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
Güzelyol said:
Yes, some good news on our side. We were finally able to access eCAS today (it didn't work for 10 days) and our status changed to In Process on February 4, the same day as the interview. It looks like the visa officer believed our marriage is bona fide.
Aww congraatssss, good for u guys, btw do u know if the embassy is off or not tomorrow?

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
sepiide said:
Aww congraatssss, good for u guys, btw do u know if the embassy is off or not tomorrow?
According to their Website, they are working tomorrow. What makes you think the Embassy could be off?

Update
: I see, tomorrow is Family day. This is not a Canadian holiday, but a provincial holiday in four provinces (BC, AB, SK, ON).

sayo_2006

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
24/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
I hope to God
Güzelyol said:
According to their Website, they are working tomorrow. What makes you think the Embassy could be off?

Update
: I see, tomorrow is Family day. This is not a Canadian holiday, but a provincial holiday in four provinces (BC, AB, SK, ON).
Congratssss, U were very worried, happy things workout for u, Enshallah we get PPR very soon

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
sepiide said:
Sepide jan, here you can see the days when the embassy won't work:

Office closures during 2013
January 1 New Year's Day
April 1 Easter Monday
May 20 Victoria Day
July 1 Canada Day
August 8-9 Ramazan Bayramı
October 14 Arefe günü / Thanksgiving Day
October 15-17 Kurban Bayramı
October 29 Republic Day
December 25 Christmas Day
December 26 Boxing Day

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
cyrus56 said:
Sepide jan, here you can see the days when the embassy won't work:

Office closures during 2013
January 1 New Year's Day
April 1 Easter Monday
May 20 Victoria Day
July 1 Canada Day
August 8-9 Ramazan Bayramı
October 14 Arefe günü / Thanksgiving Day
October 15-17 Kurban Bayramı
October 29 Republic Day
December 25 Christmas Day
December 26 Boxing Day
Güzelyol said:

Update
thank u so much :D