+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

haj mehdi

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
i just emailed anakra and the bellow is the answer:

We are awaiting outcome of background checks. These are done by outside agencies, and hence, we do not control the processing times.

Once we are informed about the outcome, we will contact you about the next steps.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

i think my process will take more long
however CYRES i did as you said and i contact my MP i think he will be able to help

haj mehdi

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
my wife has visited 5 country Dubai,Turkey, Malaysia , Georgia and Russia , how long do you guys think the back ground check might takes?

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
goli said:
Guys,

Is there any up to date spreadsheet to show the status of all applicants in this forum?

Thanks
This is the most up to date spreadsheet I know: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXxkTAdisOFdFUyc2FBdk1jLUxhcjUwVUxnRWpmcnc#gid=0

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
haj mehdi said:
my wife has visited 5 country Dubai,Turkey, Malaysia , Georgia and Russia , how long do you guys think the back ground check might takes?
I have no idea and I guess no one else has. My wife has been to Dubai, Turkey, Thailand, Armenia, and Europe (a few Shengen countries) as well.

haj mehdi

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
cyrus56 said:
I have no idea and I guess no one else has. My wife has been to Dubai, Turkey, Thailand, Armenia, and Europe (a few Shengen countries) as well.
so you think is all depend on chance? what do you think about the ankara Answer to me?

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
haj mehdi said:
so you think is all depend on chance? what do you think about the ankara Answer to me?
I think it's absolutely positive. It shows that there is no complicated issue in your file, and security check duration depend heavily on chance. Furthermore, I saw your timeline once again. You maybe considered for PPR in 10-40 days due to your in-process date.

goli

Nov 25, 2012
cyrus56 said:
This is the most up to date spreadsheet I know: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXxkTAdisOFdFUyc2FBdk1jLUxhcjUwVUxnRWpmcnc#gid=0
Thanks Cyrus56 and BTW congrats for your PPR :D

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
good for u, id do the exact same thing if i were u too..anyways nice knowing u, take care and live happily ever after with ur wife
hbehmane said:
hey guys my wife arrived in Calgary this afternoon. I just wanted 2 thank all of u 4 any info sharing which was helpful 4 me in this damn process. I've been waiting 4 long enough time so this forum specially with old friends was so helpful.
at the end I wish the best 4 u guys who are waiting 4 ur ppr or spouse's ppr. I'm gonna leave this forum officially from 2day :)

sepiide

Sep 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
May01-2012
Passport Req..
July08-2013
LANDED..........
Aug03-2013
guys, for those who didnt pay the landing fee at first,, do u know if they request it after the background check is done or before that or in the middle of the background check process?

haj mehdi

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
cyrus56 said:
I think it's absolutely positive. It shows that there is no complicated issue in your file, and security check duration depend heavily on chance. Furthermore, I saw your timeline once again. You maybe considered for PPR in 10-40 days due to your in-process date.
thanks for your positive energy i leave the rest to god
we will see what he wants for us :)
i hope you have a good time

Medi2012

Oct 2, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-08-2012 in process
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Request
EXT MED RQTED-PARIS DEC 03,2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
Passport Req..
MARCH 6th,2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2013
LANDED..........
April 1st ,2013
haj mehdi said:
thanks for your positive energy i leave the rest to god
we will see what he wants for us :)
i hope you have a good time
Hello Everybody
Congratulation to all PPrd people in this week

Haj Mehdi you got it, it is just the chance or luck, we could say.
My wife visited 9 countries Tunisia, Russia, Thailand, America, Dubai, Turkey few times, Malaysia, England two times.
As we see for Cyrus56 has no effect for the processing time. It is actually the luck and our statuses in Canada were played in to the long period of waiting. They are checking us too, once for sponsorship approval, which I was checked for name change, CIC agent told me.
Canada is checking all citizens; do you know why a PR sponsor gets done faster then us? PR sponsor has been checked already in the system for less then few years for sure.
The other factor was that the people applied between Oct, Nov, Dec 2011 and Jan, Feb, Mar 2012 went to new pilot program. So CIC has put our cases in storage until May. We lost a lot of time and can do nothing for it. CIC started my file in June after my push! My file was still in storage until June! I lost four months. So that is why, it is just luck!
As you see in the chart , it is you holding the flag with solh and kazhal.
PPr is coming toward us?
Take is easy and be patient! We will get it shortly!
Cheers

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
with all due respect, i dont know what red flag ur referring too...as some of u mentioned before and now too unlike some of the pprd people my husband has nvr left the country, and he has no bad record of what so ever in iran...and i have talked to ankara so many times and there is nothing that can be done..its just luck and destiny...i respect you, but u dont know anything about my file and my life and i would suggest u dont make any reference to red flag and what not...u have no idea how hard it is to be waiting for 2 years only to be told to wait and wait, and sit here and see everyone else get ppr bfr u..and by labeling us as red flags ur not doing any of us any favours......
Medi2012 said:
Hello Everybody
Congratulation to all PPrd people in this week

Haj Mehdi you got it, it is just the chance or luck, we could say.
My wife visited 9 countries Tunisia, Russia, Thailand, America, Dubai, Turkey few times, Malaysia, England two times.
As we see for Cyrus56 has no effect for the processing time. It is actually the luck and our statuses in Canada were played in to the long period of waiting. They are checking us too, once for sponsorship approval, which I was checked for name change, CIC agent told me.
Canada is checking all citizens; do you know why a PR sponsor gets done faster then us? PR sponsor has been checked already in the system for less then few years for sure.
The other factor was that the people applied between Oct, Nov, Dec 2011 and Jan, Feb, Mar 2012 went to new pilot program. So CIC has put our cases in storage until May. We lost a lot of time and can do nothing for it. CIC started my file in June after my push! My file was still in storage until June! I lost four months. So that is why, it is just luck!
As you see in the chart , it is you holding the flag with solh and kazhal.
PPr is coming toward us?
Take is easy and be patient! We will get it shortly!
Cheers

Jef2

Oct 23, 2012
Perfect! Thank you so much for your accurate advice :)
Aarsh said:
My wife is currently in Canada and we were facing the same issue once she got the Passport Request 2 weeks ago. There are a couple of solutions, but with current situations it really comes down to these:

1- have someone who is travelling to Iran take your pass with them and have an agency in Iran get ur visa. Unfortunately we were told that we couldnt send the passport by any courier to Iran, as they just don't accept it.

2- Send it to someone in Turkey so that they can get ur visa stamped in your passport and send it back to you....

3- Send your passport by courier to the embassy but for the return they will send it to a local address in TURKEY only (and no where outside Turkey). Then that person in Turkey can forward it to you

4- Go get it in person !

We went with option 2, but it aint easy as the passport is now delayed at the customs in Turkey ....

we gotta admit getting the visa while being here is pretty hectic

Good luck

Medi2012

Oct 2, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-08-2012 in process
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Request
EXT MED RQTED-PARIS DEC 03,2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
Passport Req..
MARCH 6th,2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 11, 2013
LANDED..........
April 1st ,2013
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
with all due respect, i dont know what red flag ur referring too...as some of u mentioned before and now too unlike some of the pprd people my husband has nvr left the country, and he has no bad record of what so ever in iran...and i have talked to ankara so many times and there is nothing that can be done..its just luck and destiny...i respect you, but u dont know anything about my file and my life and i would suggest u dont make any reference to red flag and what not...u have no idea how hard it is to be waiting for 2 years only to be told to wait and wait, and sit here and see everyone else get ppr bfr u..and by labeling us as red flags ur not doing any of us any favours......

“ holding the flag ” means that you be the next to get PPR , who said RED Flag?

This is just a wishful thinking , that is all.