Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Done
Erina said:
People how do you think the closure of Iranian embassy would affect our files? :-s every day a bad news from Iran....
Do not even think about it , there will be no affect . Our files are in Ankara .

E

Erina

Guys I know someone who is a lawyer himself and knows so much about all these immigration stuff. He said Ankara is currently very busy with all transferred files as you know, but the average time since step two is around 9 months.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
i still havent received it...:(....how long is it? What time of day did u get the email? And also what city are u in lol in regards to the time difference...im so happy about all the pprs
hbehmane said:
niloogoogooli i received the GCMS note today, how about u?

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Erina said:
Guys I know someone who is a lawyer himself and knows so much about all these immigration stuff. He said Ankara is currently very busy with all transferred files as you know, but the average time since step two is around 9 months.
We already waiting for one year and nothing!also another friends more and more.

mrirn2535

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Done
Erina said:
Yes I think the lawyer is right , if we take a look at the sheet this fact will be appeared.

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Erina said:
People how do you think the closure of Iranian embassy would affect our files? :-s every day a bad news from Iran....
It's should not affect immigration application at ALL. Immigration to Canada has nothing to do with Iranian government.

However your sponsor who wants to come visit you in Iran might have some problems. For example if my Iranian passport expires I don't know who is going to renew it for me now that the Iranian embassy is closed. So basically this will affect Iranians that are already in Canada and want to visit Iran.

Hopefully Iranian government will open a consular office in Canada to take care of our consular needs (i.e. passport renewal, conscription/sarbazi stamps).

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
holy moly they closed the embassy in Ottawa, why they did that?

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
niloogoogooli said:
i still havent received it...:(....how long is it? What time of day did u get the email? And also what city are u in lol in regards to the time difference...im so happy about all the pprs
I also received it today and I applied August 8.

bahar21

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
AOR Received.
23-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-06- 2011
Passport Req..
12-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2012
vivi2 said:
yeah and in process people from before may are simply forgotten!! that's how stupid this process is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least they are consistent in being inconsistent!!!!!
Yeah, It's really hard to see things not done in the order they were received.

mrirn2535

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Done
bahar21 said:
Yeah, It's really hard to see things not done in the order they were received.
I think back ground check phase is affecting this order.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
mrirn2535 said:
I think back ground check phase is affecting this order.
For sure, the final stage for applications is in Ottawa, when the security check is done with CSIS and other agencies. This means Ankara or any other embassy will not issue a visa until Ottawa sends them clearance.
Depending on many factors, such as country of nationality, being male/female and thus having military service or not, having studied in some "high-tech" fields that may raise some questions or even name similarities to someone on the blacklist seriously affects the processing time of this stage.

E

Erina

vivi2 said:
For sure, the final stage for applications is in Ottawa, when the security check is done with CSIS and other agencies. This means Ankara or any other embassy will not issue a visa until Ottawa sends them clearance.
Depending on many factors, such as country of nationality, being male/female and thus having military service or not, having studied in some "high-tech" fields that may raise some questions or even name similarities to someone on the blacklist seriously affects the processing time of this stage.
That's right. I see some people complaining about the process not being in order. There are many factors that affect our files PLUS some depending on what docs you've submitted, some cases are more complete and straight forward than the others. I don't think if they review files just randomly. I remember someone's file was in process and he applied a month after me, but my file is not yet in process... but I can't say they just go and pick up any file they want.