+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
outland visa from london

anyone applying from uk via london office for spouse :can you tell me if you have t o do the medical and crb check and then send it along with all your document.cause ive seen for the medical ,the doctor from london send the medical via medical courrier to the london office .Its quite confusing as im preparing all my papers to be sent to sponsor my husband from outland.
thank you

atise

Sep 1, 2012
Re: outland visa from london

londongurl said:
anyone applying from uk via london office for spouse :can you tell me if you have t o do the medical and crb check and then send it along with all your document.cause ive seen for the medical ,the doctor from london send the medical via medical courrier to the london office .Its quite confusing as im preparing all my papers to be sent to sponsor my husband from outland.
thank you
You only need to include the receipt of your medical exam in your application not the results. No matter where you do your medical exam, the doctor will provide you with the receipt, but the results of your medical exam are confidential and are sent directly to the appropriate visa office.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
thank you raha joon
it was really helpful:*
Raha said:
Well, we have 2 options:
1- if you search "hotels near Canadian Embassy Ankara" in booking.com or tripadvisor.com , they list all the hotels for you. Distance, price, availability and reviews are all there. The partner in Canada can easily reserve the hotel via credit card.
2- if you go to travel agencies in Iran, they are also provided with the list of hotels convenient for your stay if you are going to the embassies!

It would great if those who had the experience share it with us here!
I remember that Sohrab & some one else chose "...Farabi ..." in Ankara which was reasonable and close.

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Dear Friends, I received some information that really confused me and my chart, I can see many october guys that was in process from march and not receive ppr, also I can see some October that was in process from June and received ppr, also some people that appiled last july and was in process from June again, ..

Really I am so confused with this analysis and if anybody can help me , then let me know...

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
Dear friends, I found something , may be it is interesting for you, I think after sending some files they tranfered or reading file viceversa, I mean when they send or when the officer pick up the file instead of bring the file from down , he/she get the file from top, then you see in end of october the in process in sooner that the early october, then this is unfair.please review the Raha's chart, you will find it.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
mehdi jan i understand that you are anxious and tired of all the waiting....but from my experience the more you analyze the dates and create hypothesis on how the officers process our files...all in all it makes no difference to our processing times...except that you stress yourself out. fair or unfair, it is what it is...but as i said i think this week after labour day...you and many others who have been in process since june will receive pprs...i started looking at hotels and prices in ankara...and to be honest...it made me feel much better...the more positive energy put towards this the faster and smoother time will fly....
i pray that all of us will be done with this process...
and to be honest...compared to kazhal...we are very lucky...if anything, she deserves to be the first ppr this upcoming week
but again
these are my opinions and everyone is entitled to express what they think and how they feel...:)
mediGOL said:
Dear friends, I found something , may be it is interesting for you, I think after sending some files they tranfered or reading file viceversa, I mean when they send or when the officer pick up the file instead of bring the file from down , he/she get the file from top, then you see in end of october the in process in sooner that the early october, then this is unfair.please review the Raha's chart, you will find it.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
i have a question...do u think having gone through military service in iran...will delay the background check? do u think it raises a red flag for CIC? i feel like we can all become immigration lawyers:D:D:D

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Hi everyone:):)

I came on to see if there's been any PPR recently... I am praying for all of u to hear good news this month... Especially Kazhal and Vivi!! There is no rhyme or reason to this process and the only thing that helped me through was to remind myself everyday that we were one day closer. I saw some questions about get passport stamped so I thought I would share my husband's experience...
He flew with Iran air on a Monday morning. There was a shittle bus from airport into ankara which was much cheaper than taking a cab. He stayed in Ankara until wednesday (embassy was closed on the Monday) he stayed at king hotel which is only a few blocks from embassy. I called from Canada and booked and payed with my credit card. They were extremely helpful and friendly and when I mentioned my husband was there to go to the Canadian embassy, they said they had a special rate for people going to the embassy. We paid $65 Canadian/night. On Wednesday morning (aug 22) my husband went to the embassy at 7am (embassy opens at 830). Even with getting there so early he was number 36 in line. He waited until 1200 for his number to be called. He said it only took a few minutes to submit passport. They gave him an appointment to go back next day at 230pm. On Thursday he returned at 215. He received his passport with his visa in it and a piece of paper called "confirmation of permanent residence". You have to sign that paper in front of immigration at the airport when landing in Canada. On Friday morning at 630am he flew from Ankara to Istanbul then Istanbul to London then London to Canada. It made more sense to us to fly directly our from Ankara rather than flying back to Iran to fly out to Canada.
He landed on aug 24:) i cannot even describe the emotions that we experienced after 21 months apart! Hes been home for about 8 days and i dont think the kids gave left his side for more than a minute! I cant remember who told me to videotape the kids seeing him but i did and the video is awesome!! The landing process in Canada was straight forward. He landed at 620pm but didn't get out to c me until 730pm. There's been lots of paperwork but all very simple. The one thing that has caused issues was his driver's lisence. We did not know that he needed to get an international drivers lisence before leaving Iran so he is not able to drive here. He had to write a test to get a learners license and cannot drive alone until he passes a road test. This is in Alberta but it might be different in other provinces.
I think that's about all... I hope the info was helpful:)
Hope u r are doing well... I think of u all often and You are all in my prayers! may September bring you all the happiness u deserve;)

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
I'm not sure why it added "censored word" at the top of my last post???? It was supposed to say shuttle bus...

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
A+M i had goosebumps and tears in my eyes as i read your post...i could only imagine the feelings that u were going through...thank you SO SO SOOOOOOOOO much for sharing the info about the hotels...and BC is the same...you have to have you international licence...and after you get you learners then you are able to go for your full license...other wise u need to do you new drivers license and wait two years then do another test to get your full...but im sure ur husband will be able to get his license translated here...so dont worry
i am soooooooooo happy for you and your family:*

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
Salam Raha joonam
PPR oomad?
plz tell me dear
I m looking forward you :p :-*

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
mediGOL said:
Dear Friends, I received some information that really confused me and my chart, I can see many october guys that was in process from march and not receive ppr, also I can see some October that was in process from June and received ppr, also some people that appiled last july and was in process from June again, ..

Really I am so confused with this analysis and if anybody can help me , then let me know...
Dear Mehdi, dun stress yourself out... This is CIC, no rhythm, no rule!!!
Let me tell u sth:
1- Visa Offices follow different trends in processing the application. In Damascus for a while eCase was rarely updated to "In process" and people received PPR all of a sudden. When the files were transferred to Ankara, they started to update eCase and short after being updated to "In Process" people received PPR because all those people had waited about 13-14 months and they had priority! And then Ankara made other files "In Process" because applicants were worried if their file is transferred, and They could not send a confirmation to everyone... My understanding of this case is that IN ANKARA IN PROCESS MEANS YOUR APPLICATION IS HERE...
2- The way eCase is updated differs from one officer to another one. Some believe to update it as soon as it gets the initial check up point, others are updated during the final analysis!

I accede to analysis of the chart as far as you get to know how many people are before you and how long they d been waiting, but as the "officer" factor is the main factor in issuing PPR, we cant not even guess who s next! :D

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
A+M said:
Hi everyone:):)

I came on to see if there's been any PPR recently... I am praying for all of u to hear good news this month... Especially Kazhal and Vivi!! There is no rhyme or reason to this process and the only thing that helped me through was to remind myself everyday that we were one day closer. I saw some questions about get passport stamped so I thought I would share my husband's experience...
He flew with Iran air on a Monday morning. There was a *censored word*tle bus from airport into ankara which was much cheaper than taking a cab. He stayed in Ankara until wednesday (embassy was closed on the Monday) he stayed at king hotel which is only a few blocks from embassy. I called from Canada and booked and payed with my credit card. They were extremely helpful and friendly and when I mentioned my husband was there to go to the Canadian embassy, they said they had a special rate for people going to the embassy. We paid $65 Canadian/night. On Wednesday morning (aug 22) my husband went to the embassy at 7am (embassy opens at 830). Even with getting there so early he was number 36 in line. He waited until 1200 for his number to be called. He said it only took a few minutes to submit passport. They gave him an appointment to go back next day at 230pm. On Thursday he returned at 215. He received his passport with his visa in it and a piece of paper called "confirmation of permanent residence". You have to sign that paper in front of immigration at the airport when landing in Canada. On Friday morning at 630am he flew from Ankara to Istanbul then Istanbul to London then London to Canada. It made more sense to us to fly directly our from Ankara rather than flying back to Iran to fly out to Canada.
He landed on aug 24:) i cannot even describe the emotions that we experienced after 21 months apart! Hes been home for about 8 days and i dont think the kids gave left his side for more than a minute! I cant remember who told me to videotape the kids seeing him but i did and the video is awesome!! The landing process in Canada was straight forward. He landed at 620pm but didn't get out to c me until 730pm. There's been lots of paperwork but all very simple. The one thing that has caused issues was his driver's lisence. We did not know that he needed to get an international drivers lisence before leaving Iran so he is not able to drive here. He had to write a test to get a learners license and cannot drive alone until he passes a road test. This is in Alberta but it might be different in other provinces.
I think that's about all... I hope the info was helpful:)
Hope u r are doing well... I think of u all often and You are all in my prayers! may September bring you all the happiness u deserve;)
i can tell how awesome the feeling is, i live in Calgary and my friend whos working at the registry told me to tell my wife 2 translate her driver's license to English and stamp the foreign registry then when she comes here would be easier to get get her class 5. anyways wish the best 4 u and ur dear family.