Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

substone

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I read this text from a agent website that updated today:

Today we received the following email from Damascus visa office:

"The Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Damascus has closed for processing. We are not accepting any new applications. The active files of persons who have made applications for permanent residence in Canada will be sent to other Canadian Visa Offices in the region for processing. The new processing mission will contact you when your file reaches the assessment stage or, if you have already received a positive selection decision, when other documents or information are required to complete your application.

If you have not yet been contacted by your new processing office, and your mailing address / e-mail address has changed, or you wish to withdraw your application, you should send an e-mail to the Damascus office, which will forward this information to the new processing office. Also, if you have received a request for information or documentation from the Damascus office to which you have not yet responded, you should send that information to Damascus for forwarding to the new processing office. These are the only circumstances in which you should contact Damascus or any other Canadian Visa Office in the region. In all other instances, you should await contact from the new processing office - at which time you can provide them updated information or make queries regarding your application. Correspondence which does not meet these requirements will not be answered.
Processing times may be lengthier given the direction to close the office in Damascus and relocate files to other missions. We thank you for following the requirements indicated above, and for your patience during the application process

http://www.itc-canada.com/fa/News/closure_of_visa_office_in_damascus.html

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
substone said:

"The Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Damascus has closed for processing. We are not accepting any new applications. The active files of persons who have made applications for permanent residence in Canada will be sent to other Canadian Visa Offices in the region for processing. The new processing mission will contact you when your file reaches the assessment stage or, if you have already received a positive selection decision, when other documents or information are required to complete your application.

If you have not yet been contacted by your new processing office, and your mailing address / e-mail address has changed, or you wish to withdraw your application, you should send an e-mail to the Damascus office, which will forward this information to the new processing office. Also, if you have received a request for information or documentation from the Damascus office to which you have not yet responded, you should send that information to Damascus for forwarding to the new processing office. These are the only circumstances in which you should contact Damascus or any other Canadian Visa Office in the region. In all other instances, you should await contact from the new processing office - at which time you can provide them updated information or make queries regarding your application. Correspondence which does not meet these requirements will not be answered.
Processing times may be lengthier given the direction to close the office in Damascus and relocate files to other missions. We thank you for following the requirements indicated above, and for your patience during the application process

"Processing times may be lengthier given the direction to close the office in Damascus and relocate files to other missions." WORST news ever...... no more delay for God's sake. :(

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Dear All,

I'd like to start a discussion to see whats ur opinion about checking the validity of the news given by substone through an official channel. I believe it would be great if we ask our sponsors, who are living in Canada, to send a request to their MPs to get an answer regarding the status of our files and the situation of Damascus visa office.

Any suggestion, comment?

substone

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siavashf said:
Dear All,

I'd like to start a discussion to see whats ur opinion about checking the validity of the news given by substone through an official channel. I believe it would be great if we ask our sponsors, who are living in Canada, to send a request to their MPs to get an answer regarding the status of our files and the situation of Damascus visa office.

Any suggestion, comment?
I don't have any idea about this news but i think we don't have choice

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
substone said:

thanks for informing and up to date it...

pouyaba

Aug 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siavashf said:
Dear All,

Any suggestion, comment?
Hi guys,

DFAIT just posted this so the news is legitimate:

http://www.international.gc.ca/media/aff/news-communiques/2012/01/31b.aspx?view=d

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
siavashf said:
Dear All,

Any suggestion, comment?
dear siavash , in my opinion we should wait till mid of February ..if our sponsor send mail to MP in this situation, they never replied to them , because these news are not official

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
URGENT URGENT!!

The visa section is closed and it is officially announced. Good or bad lets think positively about it!
"The Visa and Immigration Section at the Canadian embassy in Damascus is closed, and services have been transferred to visa offices in neighbouring countries. More information on visa services in the area will be posted online at Citizenship and Immigration Canada."

http://www.international.gc.ca/media/aff/news-communiques/2012/01/31b.aspx?view=d

Laval

Jan 22, 2012
Ottawa, January 31, 2012"Due to Continuing Violence in Syria, Government Closes Visa Office"

you can see the complete news here:
cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-01-31a.asp

Also,
"The visa office in Jordan (Amman) will also be responsible for all applications from Iraq, while the visa office in Turkey (Ankara) will take care of immigration applications from Iran."

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Laval said:
Ottawa, January 31, 2012"Due to Continuing Violence in Syria, Government Closes Visa Office"

you can see the complete news here:
cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-01-31a.asp

Also,
"The visa office in Jordan (Amman) will also be responsible for all applications from Iraq, while the visa office in Turkey (Ankara) will take care of immigration applications from Iran."
Thanks dear for sharing.

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
siavashf said:
Thanks dear for sharing.
wow..so everything was so truth .....

so what should we do right now dear guys?

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good news [:)] for all of us,

I hope now they will back to work on our application.
my application almost 13 month[:(]...

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
lele said:
good news [:)] for all of us,

I hope now they will back to work on our application.
my application almost 13 month[:(]...
Lele u r very right to be upset. Inshalah they consider the timing sequence and first process the files of ppl like u who have been waiting for 13 months now.
At the end, it is a good news that we know where our files are and at worst case scenario it will be solved less than 5 months.

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.