+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohrab919 said:
guys i just got off the phone with an agent in the consulate section of The foreign affairs department and he told me the embassy is not closed and they are operating, ......

Just though id share this to brighten up the situation a little bit

thank you sohrab919,

it is good news

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
sohrab919 said:
guys i just got off the phone with an agent in the consulate section of The foreign affairs department and he told me the embassy is not closed and they are operating,

sohrab jan , you mean that someone just wanted to kidding me for transfering my file to ankara ?

anyway i believe you...

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
faridzad said:
sohrab919 said:
guys i just got off the phone with an agent in the consulate section of The foreign affairs department and he told me the embassy is not closed and they are operating,

sohrab jan , you mean that someone just wanted to kidding me for transfering my file to ankara ?

anyway i believe you...
no no im not saying they are joking, maybe they are sending some files to lebanon or turkey to help them process faster, but they arent closed, they arent going to CLOSE the embassy put everything in a box and go to beirut or ankara lol, that only happens in the most EMERGENCY situation, but now they are just trying to divide the work between consulates, and im sure WE WILL KNOW if the embassy is going to close, thats not something small

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
sohrab919 said:
no no im not saying they are joking, maybe they are sending some files to lebanon or turkey to help them process faster, but they arent closed, they arent going to CLOSE the embassy put everything in a box and go to beirut or ankara lol, that only happens in the most EMERGENCY situation, but now they are just trying to divide the work between consulates, and im sure WE WILL KNOW if the embassy is going to close, thats not something small
ok ..i got it

thanks sohrab jan

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
sohrab919 said:
guys i just got off the phone with an agent in the consulate section of The foreign affairs department and he told me the embassy is not closed and they are operating, he said obviously its not like before because of the situation but he said its impossible for an embassy to CLOSE without the FAD knowing first and without the news being spread, he also told me chances are CIC isnt going to call or email people one by one to let them know because its time consuming but they will post a RELIEF bulletin advising people what is happening , and he told me rumors are just rumors, he said some agents that answer the phone have no idea so they just say whatever but he said even if the CIC has decided to transfer some files to neighboring missions/consulates the embassy isnt going to close, they are just sending files over to lighten the load a little bit for new files coming in, but he assured me as of sunday January 29 2012 the embassy will be open regulating like before,
so yeah pretty much what all this means is that CIC is trying to send some files to other countries to speed things up and what i also found out is that some people wont even know which country their file was processed in, this means at the end of the day it ends up back in damascus UNLESS there is a official closure which isnt happening at the moment, and one last comment, when they send files over, there is no delay at all, like i remember someone asking if they take files to Lebanon is it going to be delayed, the answer is no,

Thanks for updating everyone of us.....Ishala things works well with our files. I hope that whichever scenario that CIC follows, leads to a shorter processing time and speeds up the issuance of Visas!

athab

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
ontario
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 01 2011
File Transfer...
o7 o2 2011
thanks sohrab 919

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
sohrab919 said:
guys i just got off the phone with an agent in the consulate section of The foreign affairs department and he told me the embassy is not closed and they are operating, he said obviously its not like before because of the situation but he said its impossible for an embassy to CLOSE without the FAD knowing first and without the news being spread, he also told me chances are CIC isnt going to call or email people one by one to let them know because its time consuming but they will post a RELIEF bulletin advising people what is happening , and he told me rumors are just rumors, he said some agents that answer the phone have no idea so they just say whatever but he said even if the CIC has decided to transfer some files to neighboring missions/consulates the embassy isnt going to close, they are just sending files over to lighten the load a little bit for new files coming in, but he assured me as of sunday January 29 2012 the embassy will be open regulating like before,
so yeah pretty much what all this means is that CIC is trying to send some files to other countries to speed things up and what i also found out is that some people wont even know which country their file was processed in, this means at the end of the day it ends up back in damascus UNLESS there is a official closure which isnt happening at the moment, and one last comment, when they send files over, there is no delay at all, like i remember someone asking if they take files to Lebanon is it going to be delayed, the answer is no,

sohrab jan,
Thanks for updating us.

L

laleh_d

siavashf said:
Thanks for updating everyone of us.....Ishala things works well with our files. I hope that whichever scenario that CIC follows, leads to a shorter processing time and speeds up the issuance of Visas!
Exactly! I'm just hoping that whatever it is they're doing would shorten our waiting time. :)

N

Nenan

sohrab919 said:

thank you sohrab919 that's very kind to share us this good news

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010 and 04-11-2011
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
Hello everyone :)

Good news....my husband got his visa from the Beirut office on Jan. 23! There were also others there picking up their visas so don't lose hope! I guess everyone is still unsure if the office is closing but just be patient. Inshallah all of the files will be processed faster if they are transferred, especially those who have been waiting a year or more. I know it's hard but just try to keep busy and the time will pass. Believe me a year passed faster than I expected! Good luck everyone :)

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
scarycemetery said:

Good news....my husband got his visa from the Beirut office on Jan. 23! There were also others there picking up their visas so don't lose hope! I guess everyone is still unsure if the office is closing but just be patient. Inshallah all of the files will be processed faster if they are transferred, especially those who have been waiting a year or more. I know it's hard but just try to keep busy and the time will pass. Believe me a year passed faster than I expected! Good luck everyone :)
Congrats Dear,
wish u and ur hubby all the best with the upcoming challenges in Canada! I keep repeating to myself that getting the PR is the beginning not the destination.....However for Damascus, issuing visas is the final step and not the begining! lol

kamelia

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
File Transfer...
april or may? no idea
Passport Req..
23-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012
scarycemetery said:

congratulations my friend. hope u happiness.

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
pouyaba said:
Hi vivi,

I did the same thing and put my address for my wife's mailing address. I just checked ecas and her address is changed to her residency address too. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign! but I think we should be optimistic and take it as a good sign and assume that they are doing something with the files and haven't left them in a box at at the corner of a room.
Hmmm interesting ... Thanks for letting me know Pouya jan. Yeah these days ANY sign, even in the ecas, makes me happy!! :)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
sohrab919 said:
na baba, ecase is mashang, i just checked the B file number and her address is gone lol, it was there like 2 days ago, , but no it doesnt matter, unless you DO NOT provide an email address or unless YOU ASK they wont use mailing , i mean even Mississauga EMAILED me the approval letter but for example mikey got a letter, he also got his RQ in the mail , so yeah dont worry it doesnt mean anything
lol at mashang! :D ok thanks sohrab jan, also thanks for the info about the situation :)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
scarycemetery said:

Congratulations again :) Best wishes.