+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DAMASCUS file in process for almost a year

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
no real updates for me. I still have not heard anything from Paris regarding my Husband's missing medical so h went and did a 3rd on Sunday. That one I will be tracking very closly and as soon as I knowit has made it to Paris, I am going to contact my MP.

Good luck everyone!!!!

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Mingus,
for the medical you should have a receipt that you have paid you should photocopy it and keep a copy of original medical and in case you need to trackthem down it is easier
it takes 6 to 8 weeks to medical to reach paris and then ottawa and then damascus
I cant wait anymore it has beenone year again since we have been apart
may be you are right but calling the mp will help you find where you are but fasten the process
good luck to you soon

boby

Jun 10, 2010
Hi dear Kamal. sorry i was late to response. Here is the e-mail that i got from them. i dont know if it is going to take a month to have the visa or it could be earlier. i hope that we got it earlier. good luck to you and to dear Mingus. if you guys have any question, let me know. i wish the good news to come for you guys as soon as possible. i e-mailed them three or four time in a month. in the last one i told them to tell me if they need any documents or if they have any
question. because it was more than a year and i couldn`t go anymore to my country to see my wife and i told them that i dont understand why it was taking so long, specially because we didn`t have any problem. so try to e-mail them and ask them why. good luck guys.

Date: June 20, 2010

File: Bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear boby xxxxxx:

REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS

Residents of Iran

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send the ORIGINAL individual valid passport, to our office in Damascus, Syria:

Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passports MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter.

EXPECTED VISA EXPIRY DATE:

If a visa is issued, it will be given the MAXIMUM VALIDITY of Aril 10, 2011. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date, it cannot be extended or renewed.

Passports: Each person must have their own passport, including minor children. Your passport MUST be valid beyond the validity of your visa. Any passport changes after the visas are printed will result in a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge ($30.00 CDN) for each visa that needs to be reprinted.

You can submit your passport:

a) By commercial courier;

b) In person at the Embassy of Canada in Damascus.

(You cannot submit your passport in person at the Embassy of Canada in Tehran)

A) To submit your passport (s) by courier:

Please note that courier companies cannot carry passports into or out of Iran so follow these instructions carefully to avoid unnecessary delays. You cannot send your passport by regular mail, only by commercial courier, you can use companies like: ARAMEX, DHL, TNT.

You CANNOT use Pishtaz Post.

Please send your passport(s) via commercial courier to:

Embassy of Canada in Tehran

c/o Visa Section in Damascus

4 Shahid Sarafraz St.

Shahid Behesti Ave

Tehran 15868

9821-8152-0000

Please enclose the following:

* Original passport(s) for your self and each accompanying family member, the passport (s) must be valid for at least 6 months;
* 2 recent photos (35 mm x 45 mm, white background) for yourself and each accompanying family member.

It is your responsibility to make the appropriate arrangements with the commercial courier of your choice. The Embassy of Canada neither requires nor recommends that you use any particular courier; we have no special arrangements with any courier company. The courier company will drop off your passport at the Embassy in Tehran and will collect it once your visa has been issued.

You should expect to receive your visa a month after sending your passport by private courier. If you do not receive your passport within 6 weeks you should contact the courier company you choose and the Embassy in Damascus at the E-mail address below.

The Embassy in Tehran will not collect passports directly from applicants and it will not deliver passports directly to applicants; it will deal only with the courier company of your choice. If you have any question do not contact the Embassy in Tehran, you can contact only the Embassy in Damascus and the E-mail address provided below.

Remember: you cannot use regular mail and you cannot use Pishtaz Post.

B) To submit your passport (s) in person at the Embassy of Canada in Damascus:

You can submit your passport in person at the Embassy of Canada in Damascus. You must submit your original passport and the original passport of each accompanying family member. The passports must have a minimum validity of 6 months. You must also submit 2 photos as above instructions, for yourself and each accompanying family member; see the attached instructions.

You can submit your passport from Sunday to Tuesday from 08:00 am to 09:00 am. You will NOT be able to collect your Passports/Visas the same day. Passports/Visas can only be collected on the next day at 2:30 pm. When you submit your passport(s), you will be informed of the return date and time. You can authorise a third person to collect your visa(s). The third person must present a letter of consent (see below) and identification.

Please present this email/letter to the guards when you arrive. If you arrive late, you will be required to wait in the queue to submit your documents.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

Embassy of Canada

Damascus – Syria

P.O.Box: 3394

LETTER OF AUTHORISATION

I, , hereby authorise ____________________ to collect my Canadian Visa(s) and/or submit/collect other documents from the Canadian Embassy, Damascus on my behalf. Please be informed that the authorised person holds Id/Passport Number _______________ and is a ____________ citizen.

Signature of Applicant

Signature of Authorised Person

Date: ______/________/______

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dear Boby,
tears of joyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy & happiness for one of us
I cant stop myself from crying but it is tears of happiness for you soon you will be together
all the best and good luck and a great future ahead of you together here in canada
Try to drop the passport yourself if possible and i know it is an extra cost but this way you guarantee no other delays [ You can submit your passport from Sunday to Tuesday from 08:00 am to 09:00 am. You will NOT be able to collect your Passports/Visas the same day. Passports/Visas can only be collected on the next day at 2:30 pm. When you submit your passport(s), you will be informed of the return date and time. You can authorise a third person to collect your visa(s)].

If you notice you can drop the passport yourself do that on a sunday and stay in dear damascus as a tourist for couple days and collect your passport and fly
all the best again
now it is mingus and me next
pray for us

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mingus,
I am trying to understand the website for cic and if it is correct after submitting all paper work and approved in canada which should take up to 45 days to be transfered to damascus and then the count down will start as follow:
30% cases will be finalized in 3 months
50% cases will be finalized in 4 months
70% cases will be finalized in 6 months
80% cases will be finalized in 7 months
where are we i dont know how to count anymore and by the way they are working as of today on applications IN process in damascus as of May 14/ 2010 ( 1 month and a half passed for me WOW) by the way they requested documents that i have already sent lucky me i have a copy
good luck to you
me and you are next after boby, wish you all the best

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
Congrats Boby I am sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!

I got some good news today They have my Husband's medical! Of course this is a week after he spent the money on getting a 3rd one done. Whatever.

here is the letter

Dear xxxxxxx,

Medical results are received and valid to December 08, 2010.

Please be advised that your spouse's application is in the queue for review. When a decision is made, you will be contacted.

Regards,

Immigration Section - NMM
Embassy Of Canada, Damascus
P.O.Box 3394
Tel.: (963-11) 611-6692

Web site: http://www.international.gc.ca/missions/syria-syrie/
E-mail: damascus-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Now the next question.... how long will it be in the Q???????

Kamal225

These timelines are always based on LAST years stats. Also, you need to know that finalized also included refused.

I think the time begins when they start looking at your file but I am not 100% sure of that.

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Mingus,
actually the dates cic have on their website are this year date so it is true somehow as of today theyare working on may 17, 2010.
I am so glad they found the medical. by the way did you submit police certificate for your husband?
and a copy of his valid passport if yes soon you will be next before me

as for me theysend a letter dated beginning of june 2010 to submit medical, police certificate, translation copy of valid passport to provide within 45 days otherwise decision will be made and missing documents may affect the decision

all the above they have but we send them again
hope to hear good news soon for me and you,

by the way boby, thanks a lot for your thoughtful wishes

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Medical and all

Hi mbastudies,mingus & arshadati
here below is my time line today I recieved a new mail dated beginning of june asking for copy of valid passport and police certifcate with new file number which they request before and giving 45 days to submit info or application will be refused , I send them again to be safe 70 dollars registered mail . below is an explanation of process so far
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Damascus
NOC Code......: Family Sponsorship
App. Filed.......: March 2010
AOR Received.: April 2010
File Transfer...: April 2010
Med's Request: April 29/2010
Med's Done....: May 1st 2010
In process ecas: end of May 2010
copy of passport and PC: June 10 2010

all the best to you all

zohreh.ty

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kamal 225

I have the same time line as yours but I did not receive anything yet.....
Stress is really killing me....
hope u all the best..

zohreh

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
we submitted new medicals, new police clearence, new passport copies and photos, and a couple of new forms - I can't remember the #s but one was about his family memebers and the other was about this travel. I know we have sent these forms a couple of times already but whatever. Inshallah they have everything now and we will get the call/letter soon. I just hope it is before I am too big to drive the 2 hours to the airport to pick him up. Poor man is in for such a shock when he sees me. He has seen my ever growing belly on the webcam, but it doesn't look anywhere as big as it is in real life! I'm walking like a duck and I still have 2 months to go!

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mingus,
I am so glad for you
send me a personal message tell me where you are in canada
they said in their letter that we should provide info within 45 days before decision is made
send them an email explain your situtaion and let us hope they will fasten his papers
good luck

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Dear Damascus Applicants,
any good news for us today, any updates, I am sure you are all waiting like me on fire
I check the status 10 times a day it is like my full time job in addition to my other full time job
i cant wait to have good news for all of us
I feel that there is no progress for any of us
good luck to all and have a nice day

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
I got an Email yesterday from My MP's office saying that they got an email back from Damascus. It said basically the same as I had bee heard, except at the end of their's it said that the applicant will be contacted very soon.

here is what my MP's office sent me:

Dear xxxxx: We confirm that your email has been forwarded by the Ottawa office to the Constituency office for response. We have placed an inquiry with the Consulate office Damascus, Syria. We reiterate the response of the Damascus office as follows:

“This refers to your e-mail message received June 30, 2010 concerning the above named applicant. We have received our file back from the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) concerning the application of Mr. xxxxx. Appeal cases are treated with high priority, but even when the IAD allows an appeal, there are often many outstanding statutory requirements to be met before we can issue a visa. We provided a status update to the sponsor on June 13 and again on June 28. The application is now in the queue for review by the responsible officer. The applicant will be contacted very soon.”

We trust this information will be helpful to you.

I wonder what they mean by VERY SOON????

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mingus,
Very soon means now, tomorrow or within the next couple weeks
just tell your husband to keep an eye on the post mail and since lately damascus are using regular mail it takes up to 12 days to get their mail after sending it to us
I am sure theywill consider your situation and I am hoping that you explain all what is going on and the baby's arrival
sit back and relax you should not be stressed now and look forward to hear from them soon
deep from my heart all the best