+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damaged + expired PR card

Mosho

Feb 2, 2012
I'm just finishing up my application for a renewal, and I noticed I have to include the previous card if it's damaged, is this the case if I'm applying for a renewal of an expired card as well (having fulfilled the obligations)? Might be a silly question, but I would like to know for sure as I would like to have the card before going abroad.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Mosho said:
I'm just finishing up my application for a renewal, and I noticed I have to include the previous card if it's damaged, is this the case if I'm applying for a renewal of an expired card as well (having fulfilled the obligations)? Might be a silly question, but I would like to know for sure as I would like to have the card before going abroad.

Thanks!
If the card is expired or damaged or both, you submit with your renewal application.

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Under gather documents for PR Card renewal it says:
"1.Your PR Card

If you are applying to renew your present card, you should retain it until you receive your new card. If you are applying to replace a damaged card, send the damaged card with your application."

So there is no need to send the expired card, am I correct?

Mosho

Feb 2, 2012
puma said:
Under gather documents for PR Card renewal it says:
"1.Your PR Card

If you are applying to renew your present card, you should retain it until you receive your new card. If you are applying to replace a damaged card, send the damaged card with your application."

So there is no need to send the expired card, am I correct?
That was my reasoning as well. But then the form says you should include a photocopy of the old card.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
puma said:
Mine is only expired not damaged..... :-\
You don't have to send an expired card. You ONLY send your PR card if it has been damaged.