+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodianship Declaration Form

icequeen

Jan 27, 2014
Hi all, My kids will be accompanying me to Canada so I am applying for Student visas for them as well. on the form says if you are under 17 you must fill out a custodian declaration form. However, the form seems to apply for kids who will be staying with people who are not their parents. Is this form for kids who will be living with their parents as well?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

icequeen said:
Hi all, My kids will be accompanying me to Canada so I am applying for Student visas for them as well. on the form says if you are under 17 you must fill out a custodian declaration form. However, the form seems to apply for kids who will be staying with people who are not their parents. Is this form for kids who will be living with their parents as well?
Not required for children accompanying parent.

LawrWon

Mar 26, 2019
What if the parent(s) only travel as a visitor to stay along with the child, is it also no need to submit the custodian declaration form when applying student visa for the kids?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

What if the parent(s) only travel as a visitor to stay along with the child, is it also no need to submit the custodian declaration form when applying student visa for the kids?
1. It is unlikely that the parents would obtain visitor status for their children's complete schooling. So if they are under 18 they will need a guardian.