+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current employees of Infy, TCS, Wipro etc. please connect here

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
How are you guys managing the experience certificate? As I understand none of these companies will be willing to provide an experience certificate in the format as required by CIC. Lets discuss and help each other out.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
eagle922 said:
How are you guys managing the experience certificate? As I understand none of these companies will be willing to provide an experience certificate in the format as required by CIC. Lets discuss and help each other out.
If employer is unwilling to provide certain information on the experience certificate then best option is to ask employer to provide a letter stating that "as per our policy who provide letters with only X,Y and Z details" or even better if they can give a letter with a statement which say something "as per our policy we do not provide job duties on experience letters etc"

And attach that letter with the experience letter, payslips and contract in whatever format employer provides. Plus you can do some research and add more information. If for example you have job spec when you applied for the job or if your employer has a job opening online on careers page for a position with same title, you can take a print out of that page and also paste URL to that page so that CIC can verify details. This will at least give some idea to CIC about your job duties, this is best you can do I guess. Unless of course, if you can convince a colleague or your manager to provide job duties even on a blank page / non letter headed stationary.

Good luck!

Reactions: sanojv

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks!

Anyone else can share their experience?

Jaxon911 said:
If employer is unwilling to provide certain information on the experience certificate then best option is to ask employer to provide a letter stating that "as per our policy who provide letters with only X,Y and Z details" or even better if they can give a letter with a statement which say something "as per our policy we do not provide job duties on experience letters etc"

And attach that letter with the experience letter, payslips and contract in whatever format employer provides. Plus you can do some research and add more information. If for example you have job spec when you applied for the job or if your employer has a job opening online on careers page for a position with same title, you can take a print out of that page and also paste URL to that page so that CIC can verify details. This will at least give some idea to CIC about your job duties, this is best you can do I guess. Unless of course, if you can convince a colleague or your manager to provide job duties even on a blank page / non letter headed stationary.

Good luck!

Feb 4, 2015
I am in the same boat as you. I have sent an email to the alumni team requesting experience letter with JD (Job Description) on it. I am sure they will deny it. I am just waiting for a email from them denying my request so that I can take a print of the email get it attested and submit along with my experience letter (without JD).

I also plan to attach a letter form my previous colleague stating that he has witnessed me performing the duties (listing duties in detail). I would also have this letter attested and submit it along with my experience letter and attested 'deny request' email.

Hope this would suffice for CIC to verify my work experience.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
How do you plan to have this email attested?

It is very disappointing to not be able to get such a simple letter after spending so many years working for these companies.

pgwp-pr-applicant said:
I am in the same boat as you. I have sent an email to the alumni team requesting experience letter with JD (Job Description) on it. I am sure they will deny it. I am just waiting for a email from them denying my request so that I can take a print of the email get it attested and submit along with my experience letter (without JD).

I also plan to attach a letter form my previous colleague stating that he has witnessed me performing the duties (listing duties in detail). I would also have this letter attested and submit it along with my experience letter and attested 'deny request' email.

Hope this would suffice for CIC to verify my work experience.

Bhagya123

Jan 19, 2015
I do have same problem.
My problem is i misplaced my offer letter , I am not sure how we will get all these documents.
I cannot ask my supervisor as he is not aware that i am trying for canada PR.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dell HR Department was very helpfull......They did provided reference letter as CIC requested.

However I'm struggling to convince TechMahindra to issue me the same reference letter for my tenure but didnt even bother to reply my email and phone calls.

Feb 4, 2015
eagle922 said:
How do you plan to have this email attested?

It is very disappointing to not be able to get such a simple letter after spending so many years working for these companies.
I am thinking of a Notary Public attestation from India. But, I am not sure if CIC recognizes this attestation.

rickvinod

Dec 10, 2014
I am from cognizant, here there is a special experience letter template that is available, wherein you can type all your roles and responsibilities and submit it for approval.. Once your supervisor approves it HR approves it and provides everything in the official experience letter formate. In fact the entire process happened within two days. Most exciting part is that you have an option to choose any of your supervisors from the day you joined for approval. So I had this old close manager who instantly approved on my request. My current manager has no clue on this.

Reactions: josephine-jerisha

Bhagya123

Jan 19, 2015
rickvinod said:
I am from cognizant, here there is a special experience letter template that is available, wherein you can type all your roles and responsibilities and submit it for approval.. Once your supervisor approves it HR approves it and provides everything in the official experience letter formate. In fact the entire process happened within two days. Most exciting part is that you have an option to choose any of your supervisors from the day you joined for approval. So I had this old close manager who instantly approved on my request. My current manager has no clue on this.
good for you !!!

Any one from TCS.....do you know how to handle this in TCS?

Maanu

Mar 13, 2015
Hi bhagya...

There is no such option for us in TCS :(

We have to somehow take it from our immediate managers or supervisors along with their visting(Business) card if at all they have!

rickvinod

Dec 10, 2014
For those who have problem in getting the official letter can try to get Statutory Declaration / Affidavit for employment reference from your colleague. Preferable get it from a person who ranks two roles above you. You have to prepare all roles and responsibilities from his point of view. Also there should be a line about why you could not get it from your company. There should be your colleagues contact information and company ID photocopied for their reference....

pramodsah

Mar 22, 2015
rickvinod said:
Hi Vinod,

Do you have any clue whom to contact and the steps to get the experience letter in the desired format if I have already left Cognizant?
Also I am not that lucky to have a close manager in Cognizant due to my very short stint in the company.

Thanks,

richkar99

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Anyone from Infy got a reference letter from HR? Pl respond.