+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cuba with RTD

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I flew to Cuba in March 2023 with RTD and no PR. Everything was okay. I purchased a 10-day vacation and I was supposed to fly to Cuba this morning. Sunwing didn't let I board a flight. Though I explained to them that I did the same trip with them, I wasn't able to take flight. What do Do you suggest to me? Are WestJet or Air Canada allow to fly to Cuba with RTD and no PR?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
I flew to Cuba in March 2023 with RTD and no PR. Everything was okay. I purchased a 10-day vacation and I was supposed to fly to Cuba this morning. Sunwing didn't let I board a flight. Though I explained to them that I did the same trip with them, I wasn't able to take flight. What do Do you suggest to me? Are WestJet or Air Canada allow to fly to Cuba with RTD and no PR?
Westjet and air Canada is always better than sunwing. Because they know about RTD.
What Sunwing told you as a reason?

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
They told me that I had to have a PR card with RTD to be able to go to Cuba. Have you tried with Westjet or Air Canada?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
They told me that I had to have a PR card with RTD to be able to go to Cuba. Have you tried with Westjet or Air Canada?
I also went to Cuba with Sunwing last april. But they wasted too much time while they were searching about Rtd and having some calls. In that time I understood that Air Canada is best. Because my friends always got Air Canada for Cuba and Mexico they never wait in checking or boarding.
Hopefully Sunwing refunded all your spended money.

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
I wanna fly in 2 weeks to Cuba or Dominican with my refuge travel document what should I do ? Or what should I say
You can fly to Cuba. I didnt have experience about Dominican Republic. For travelling Cuba I suggest you to buy ticket from Air Canada. Because sunwing doesn’t recognize RTD.