+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ received - adding spouse? Please help!

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
05-11-2013 remedical 03-12-2014
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Good day to everyone. I really need some advice and I'm very worried as of now.

I started my application under Quebec immigration November 2011 and received notice for an interview JUNE 2012. I got married January 2012 and proceeded with the interview without my spouse but I brought with me my marriage certificate during the interview and the officer was aware I got married - I got my CSQ . I sent back my original csq to quebec office august 2012 and requested if my husband can be included so we can land together in canada soon. My file is received under federal application september 2012 . MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. Will they reject my application because I requested for my husband to be included or will we be interviewed again so we can have a new csq?

2. My federal application is received september 2012, am I still waiting for a medical exam if I don't have my csq? I know medical exams are valid for one year, will my spouse do medical exam togehter with me if we don't know yet if we can have a new csq? How long do we have to wait for medical exams?

Please help me.

engotko

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
07/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
27/08/2014
keepthefaith said:
Good day to everyone. I really need some advice and I'm very worried as of now.

I started my application under Quebec immigration November 2011 and received notice for an interview JUNE 2012. I got married January 2012 and proceeded with the interview without my spouse but I brought with me my marriage certificate during the interview and the officer was aware I got married - I got my CSQ . I sent back my original csq to quebec office august 2012 and requested if my husband can be included so we can land together in canada soon. My file is received under federal application september 2012 . MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. Will they reject my application because I requested for my husband to be included or will we be interviewed again so we can have a new csq?

2. My federal application is received september 2012, am I still waiting for a medical exam if I don't have my csq? I know medical exams are valid for one year, will my spouse do medical exam togehter with me if we don't know yet if we can have a new csq? How long do we have to wait for medical exams?

Please help me.

Hello. I'm in the same situation but i haven't added my spouse. But from what i've read from different forums, you have to apply for your spouse, send in necessary documents, and pay the additional fees and hopefully both of your csq will be issued in about 2-3months. Goodluck to you.

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Hi! Thank you for your information. Hopefully will have no problem with it- worse reject my app, hopefully not. just very worried as i read some forums. Will update soon regarding my case.

engotko

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
07/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
27/08/2014
Hello. How's your application going? Do you have any news regarding your additional spouse?I just have a few questions regarding this...Do you have to pay twice for your federal when you added your spouse? I'm just a bit curious as to the info provided to me by my lawyer that my federal would be cancelled if i have decided to add my spouse and that i would have to apply and pay again for the federal part. Is this true?

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Hi Engotko! I received notice for a medical exam last October 18, 2012 . Still waiting for updates for adding my spouse. I think it will take 2-3 months and expecting to receive results anytime in november. I requested to add my spouse august 22. I paid for my part only and I have no idea yet what comes next once my spouse's csq will be granted.

engotko

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
07/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
27/08/2014
Congrats on your medical request? i haven't submitted my partner's documents because i'm getting confuse with my consultant's advised. Did you submit any of your husband's french exam?

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Hi Engotko! I and my husband just received our new csq yesterday and is very thankful . I did not submit any french exam result for my husband. In my situation, I was already married before the interview date but started my application when I was still single. I declared I am married with my federal application so I only need to revise that my husband will be coming with me in canada.

smdhanju

Dec 1, 2012
hi keepthe faith , my dear can u plz help i am in the same case but i really dont know wht to do for my husbands csq, i filed my csq file in october 2011 and i had my interview in march , like u the officer doesnot know that i married , but i provide her the proof at that time i dont hav my marriage certificate , but i told her that i have my marriage wedding card and few pics i showed her she kept one of the pics and asked for my husbands D.O.B, but i really dont know who can help me for my husband csq, coz every time i called immigration representatives , they always reply me that ok now ur file is closed u cannt do anything, plz help me

anglikdm

Mar 2, 2013
keepthefaith said:
Hi Engotko! I and my husband just received our new csq yesterday and is very thankful . I did not submit any french exam result for my husband. In my situation, I was already married before the interview date but started my application when I was still single. I declared I am married with my federal application so I only need to revise that my husband will be coming with me in canada.
Hi Keepthefaith!
Could you please tell me what documents and fees should I pay to add my husband to my CSQ? I got my CSQ back in February and my marital status has just changed.

Thank you!

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Hi smdhanju ;) ....in my case I have my lawyer and he did a great job regarding my file since start . It ain't easy waiting for the immigration officer's response and it took a month to finally hear the good news. You are always entitled with your csq . Honestly, I really don't have any idea on what's gonna happen to my file if we were not approved. I was told there was a possibility that we'll be interviewed together but thanks we didn't have to. Have you inquired if you still can proceed alone and then petition your husband later? Can't give you exact ideas...sorry for a very late reply. Any update with your file?

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Hi anglikdm :)....I have no idea what documents were submitted by my lawyer upon request to add my spouse. After my spouse got the CSQ, file proceeded to and paid fees for federal processing.

Jul 19, 2013
Hello keepthefaith,

I am really in need of your help. Similar to you I got my CSQ and applied for federal. Now me and my boyfriend who is a foreign student want to get married however I am worried if it it is the right time. My question from you is
1-Had you applied through Montreal office for your CSQ?
2- The time it took you to get it was similar to the processing time of a completely new application? I am asking this question because it took 18 months for me to get the CSQ and I am thinking if every thing is going to start again from scratch to apply again for CSQ maybe it is better to wait till I get my PR and sponser my husband.

Thanks very much for your help