+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ in-progress (not received) / EE ITA received

MehdiDXB

Jan 4, 2023
Myself and my common-law spouse have submitted all documents 2 months ago to process the CSQ, it is currently "en traitement" (in-progress). Yesterday, we received an ITA in Express Entry through the FSWP. We have a few questions at this stage:
- Can we accept the ITA and start the IRCC PR process with the CSQ process going on? Our understanding is that CSQ is not an immigration process rather a provincial vetting so there should not be an issue with the federal immigration.
- Do we need to do something once eventually the CSQ comes through not to be in trouble with immigration later on? Can we just ignore it and not start the federal stage, or do we need to actively do something or communicate our intentions to any authorities? We understand that intent to reside in the Quebec province is crucial to apply for the CSQ so we wouldn’t want to have an issue with immigration later on as far as our intentions are concerned.
- Is it correct that once we start the IRCC process with this ITA, we can’t decide later on to continue with the Quebec federal stage as we can’t have 2 different profiles within the IRCC system? Meaning that going on with the ITA means effectively giving up Quebec?

Thanks everyone!

b22

Feb 17, 2023
Myself and my common-law spouse have submitted all documents 2 months ago to process the CSQ, it is currently "en traitement" (in-progress). Yesterday, we received an ITA in Express Entry through the FSWP. We have a few questions at this stage:
- Can we accept the ITA and start the IRCC PR process with the CSQ process going on? Our understanding is that CSQ is not an immigration process rather a provincial vetting so there should not be an issue with the federal immigration.
- Do we need to do something once eventually the CSQ comes through not to be in trouble with immigration later on? Can we just ignore it and not start the federal stage, or do we need to actively do something or communicate our intentions to any authorities? We understand that intent to reside in the Quebec province is crucial to apply for the CSQ so we wouldn’t want to have an issue with immigration later on as far as our intentions are concerned.
- Is it correct that once we start the IRCC process with this ITA, we can’t decide later on to continue with the Quebec federal stage as we can’t have 2 different profiles within the IRCC system? Meaning that going on with the ITA means effectively giving up Quebec?

Thanks everyone!

Accepting the invitation for federal invalidates your intention to stay in Quebec. It is best to withdraw the Quebec application if you intend to apply for federal in order to avoid further questioning during your immigration process. You can probably wait till you see an update from CSQ. It is a time consuming process but at least you are in the system.

MehdiDXB

Jan 4, 2023
Accepting the invitation for federal invalidates your intention to stay in Quebec. It is best to withdraw the Quebec application if you intend to apply for federal in order to avoid further questioning during your immigration process. You can probably wait till you see an update from CSQ. It is a time consuming process but at least you are in the system.
Thanks for the reply! How do I withdraw the Quebec application? Shall I close / delete my Project Quebec profile? Is there any specific process to do so?

b22

Feb 17, 2023
Thanks for the reply! How do I withdraw the Quebec application? Shall I close / delete my Project Quebec profile? Is there any specific process to do so?
I am not 100% sure on how to do it as I haven't explored that option yet. I believe there is an option to withdraw the profile on mon project. I. also remember reading somewhere that you have to reach out to the MIDI and let them know that you want to withdraw the profile. Although the website states that if your application is in progress you won't receive the refund so be mindful of that.

b22

Feb 17, 2023
Thank you, I’ll explore both options in this case. Much appreciated
No worries. If you decide to wait for your csq - let me know if you hear anything from them. I am currently in a similar situation as you and just waiting for an update on my csq.

Best wishes :)

MehdiDXB

Jan 4, 2023
No worries. If you decide to wait for your csq - let me know if you hear anything from them. I am currently in a similar situation as you and just waiting for an update on my csq.

Best wishes :)
Thank you! I know we have pretty similar profiles so I’ll definitely keep you posted. Did you get an ITA this draw or the previous one?

I am mainly taking this decision because my partner does not speak French so hence the change… but things might happen in the time between accepting the invite and gathering the documents. The 60 days clock is ticking!

Reactions: powereng1982

AD1298

Oct 16, 2022
Hi,
If I were you guys, I would have gone ahead with my EE profile! Asking why?
Federal stage for QSWP nowadays is chancy! Take a look at the processing time. For QSWP, it is 20 months. Although many applications are being approved fast in recent months, I know many applicants who submitted theirs in the first two quarters of 2022 and still waiting to get approved! It has been said that the processing time for QSWP will soon be decreased, but who knows! If I had the option like the one you have, I would have definitely proceeded with my EE profile.
Good Luck guys ;)

• Love
Reactions: MehdiDXB

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thank you! I know we have pretty similar profiles so I’ll definitely keep you posted. Did you get an ITA this draw or the previous one?

I am mainly taking this decision because my partner does not speak French so hence the change… but things might happen in the time between accepting the invite and gathering the documents. The 60 days clock is ticking!
Just having a CSQ application in process or receiving a CSQ certificate would not conflict your existing non-Quebec PR application untill you submit your second Quebec-PR applications concurrently.

Just discart CSQ and dont use it if it is approved. You are safe ;-)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MehdiDXB