+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ from Montreal....Please help me with the Question

toronto_winter

Oct 15, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I am starting my study in Montreal very soon. I will be applying for CSQ after 2.5 semesters of my study. My consultant who is helping me in getting in there in Montreal he said that I have to clear B2 level of French.
He said if I earn French certificate by attending inclass lectures of 450 hrs of French with inclass test from recognized instittusion or college is equivalent to B2 level of French.
Is it true...?
Please help if someone can......

I HAVE ALREADY BEEN A VICTIM,
DON'T WANT TO BE AGAIN

Thank You!

c_kaivalya

Jul 19, 2015
Hi toronto_winter,

I guess French is not mandatory anymore but it will help you to earn more points.

Quebec Immigration website >> IMMIGRATE IN QUEBEC >> Submitting an official immigration application >> Requirements of the Immigration Program for skilled workers >>

Thanks

toronto_winter

Oct 15, 2014
c_kaivalya said:
Hi toronto_winter,

I guess French is not mandatory anymore but it will help you to earn more points.

Quebec Immigration website >> IMMIGRATE IN QUEBEC >> Submitting an official immigration application >> Requirements of the Immigration Program for skilled workers >>

Thanks
c_kaivalya Thanx for your reply

In my case it is mandatory because I have already studied in Toronto and used my PWG. I worked in B category for 2 years but application was restured in last year the cap was reached and after that nothing.
So in this case I am not going to get 3 years work permit as I have alredy used it. I have to be have CSQ before my study gets finished.

Thank You!

Reactions: Mjkab

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It sounds as if you'll be applying under PEQ, which has different requirements to the regular QSW program, as you note.

Quebec gives the French language requirements here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/language-requirements.html

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
c_kaivalya Thanx for your reply

In my case it is mandatory because I have already studied in Toronto and used my PWG. I worked in B category for 2 years but application was restured in last year the cap was reached and after that nothing.
So in this case I am not going to get 3 years work permit as I have alredy used it. I have to be have CSQ before my study gets finished.

Thank You!
***********SAME PROBLEM I HAVE*********

Hi All,

My CSQ application is taking too long time almost over 13 months. My PGWP going to expired on Aug/17.
What can I do?

Thank you for your time.

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
I applied 3 days ago from Montreal since I live here.

Does anyone know how long it takes, on average, to receive an email requesting the documents and then how long to get CSQ, on average? If you know, please, tell me.

Regards.

Last edited:

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I applied 3 days ago from Montreal since I live here.

Does anyone know how long it takes, on average, to receive an email requesting the documents and then how long to get CSQ, on average? If you know, please, tell me.

Regards.
It will take anywhere from 30-90 days !!!

Reactions: boblast

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
You should find a job so you try to get the work permit (LMIA exept code A75). Send it by mail without the CSQ explaning that your CSQ is currently in progress. When you get the CSQ, attach it to your application either by IRCC webform or send by mail.

If you have worked 12 months or more in the past 2 years in Quebec in a level B or more NOC level job and if you have level B2 in French (speaking and listening), as to get your file transfered from QSW to PEQ - Work for free.

you should be OK if you have these conditions. If not, pray to get your CSQ before they process your work permit application.

You can also try to find some other job. Do everything to keep a valid status in Quebec (not visitor). Maybe consult a lawyer to evaluation different possibilities. You do not want to stay here without any status as your PR may get processed in a office outside of Canada O_O