+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ for Spouse_Urgent

Dec 3, 2016
Hello everyone

My status in Canada is worker (Post Graduation Work Permit). I got my CSQ (PEQ Graduate) in less than 1 month on April 2016 then I applied for Canadian PR on May 2016, that time I was single. But in August 2016, I got married and then I told CIC of my marital status change on November 2016, they further emailed me to send some documents in 30 days, I sent those too. Then I got email of CIC that my wife CSQ should be reached in their office by 2 months.

Now I am left with only 2 months to get my wife CSQ and hand over to CIC.
My queries :
- Is it possible to apply my wife's CSQ on the basis of my CSQ quickly (less than a month) ?
or
-Do I need to return my CSQ to obtain new CSQ for my family (me and my spouse) ? If yes, Then as I already submitted my current CSQ to Canadian immigration, will it make any difference ?

Thanks in advance !

All responses are appreciated.

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Michael,

I am also going through a similar situation. The only difference is that I have not yet applied for PR.

My question to you is, did you ask CIC to add your wife as a dependent who will be accompanying you to Canada?? Because if you add your wife as a non-accompanying dependent, the CIC should not ask you for her CSQ. This way they will approve your PR application on an individual basis and not as a couple.

I called Quebec immigration 2 days back and they said that since I already have received my CSQ, and now if I want to add my wife, I would need to send back my original CSQ and the "Modification to CSQ" form along with required docs for my wife. However, I would have to pay only $166 for adding my wife. And when I asked him about the processing time, he said that since it is a paper based application and we will be re-evaluated as a couple now, it is similar to applying again for a CSQ as a couple and can take upto 8 to 14 months.

You can call them and check for the same and let me know what they say.

My plan is to apply for PR and show my spouse as non-accompanying dependent. And once I get my PR, I apply for her PR on the basis of mine. Because I don't want to delay my PR application for 8 months just because of my wife's CSQ.

I don't know why they even need CSQ for my wife. Stupid demands. If I as a principal applicant is eligible for CSQ, why do they need to evaluate my dependent? She is applying on my basis.

Anyways, let me know what info you get from them and how are you going to proceed further.

Thanks,
Manpreet

aashu241

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Quebec
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CANADA
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
07-03-2019
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Application filed for Csq in March 2014
File number received on September 2014
Updation email received in June 2016
Update documents send in July 2016
Csq Received on 2nd october 2016
Applied Federal with original csq as single applicant on 11th October 2016, file received by cio on 20th october 2016
Now the concern is I had done marriage on 24th Dec 2016 and I want csq for my wife also,
But I have send original csq when I had applied single applicant in federal process
What Should I do now ?
Getting csq for my wife, how much time it will take ?
Should I inform Cio/Federal govt that I had done marriage and Awaiting csq for my wife or after getting csq for my wife i should inform federal ??
Please anybody with same situation reply

aashu241

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Quebec
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CANADA
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
07-03-2019
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Brother I am also with same situation, what documents did cic ask you ?
My Application :- Application filed for Csq in March 2014
Applied Federal with original csq as single applicant on 11th October 2016, file received by cio on 20th october 2016
Now the concern is I had done marriage on 24th Dec 2016 and I want csq for my wife also,
But I have send original csq when I had applied single applicant in federal process
What Should I do now ?
Should I inform Cio/Federal govt that I had done marriage and Awaiting csq for my wife or after getting csq for my wife i should inform federal ??

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
aashu241 said:
What Should I do now ?
I think you got your answar at Manpreet_rieit's post at this page,

Now you calculate your point & if it is more then 57 then contact with MIDI & CIC.

Otherwise wait up to your PR Approval. After approval & landing you apply for spouse. In this case you should SHOWN your MARRIAGE date after your PR approval date.

and again finally you should consult with an immigration expert.

Hannaa

Feb 2, 2017
Manpreet_rieit said:
Hi Michael,

I am also going through a similar situation. The only difference is that I have not yet applied for PR.

My question to you is, did you ask CIC to add your wife as a dependent who will be accompanying you to Canada?? Because if you add your wife as a non-accompanying dependent, the CIC should not ask you for her CSQ. This way they will approve your PR application on an individual basis and not as a couple.

I called Quebec immigration 2 days back and they said that since I already have received my CSQ, and now if I want to add my wife, I would need to send back my original CSQ and the "Modification to CSQ" form along with required docs for my wife. However, I would have to pay only $166 for adding my wife. And when I asked him about the processing time, he said that since it is a paper based application and we will be re-evaluated as a couple now, it is similar to applying again for a CSQ as a couple and can take upto 8 to 14 months.

You can call them and check for the same and let me know what they say.

My plan is to apply for PR and show my spouse as non-accompanying dependent. And once I get my PR, I apply for her PR on the basis of mine. Because I don't want to delay my PR application for 8 months just because of my wife's CSQ.

I don't know why they even need CSQ for my wife. Stupid demands. If I as a principal applicant is eligible for CSQ, why do they need to evaluate my dependent? She is applying on my basis.

Anyways, let me know what info you get from them and how are you going to proceed further.

Thanks,
Manpreet
Hello, did you apply for PR as single or sent out your docs back to MIDI?
The fee you mentioned is 166, but it is around 700 in the website. Maybe it is for the applications sent several years ago,before the fee increase?
Thanks.

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
aashu241 said:
What Should I do now ?
HI Aashu, I am in the same situation, got married in December and cic told me that they will keep my file on hold they asked all other documents for my wife including medical and rprf fees.
I applied for addition of spouse and Now I am waiting for the new csq it's been 2 months since I applied but they have not even deducted the addition of spouse fees.
Have u applied for new csq?

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Hi all,

I updated my relationship status, that i married recently and CIC asked me provide documents and they didn't mentioned for CSQ?

they gave 30 days to update the documents.

Do they ask for CSQ anyways ?

Not sure how to proceed, whether should i keep as accompayining or not

Please suggest