+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score

Oct 10, 2022
Will the CRS score ever come down to 479?

I've almost completed my studies here in canada and will be applying for PR through EE once I get 1 year of experience. My points will be 479 in around 1-1.5 years. Will that even be enough? If it isn't what are my options? :( Seeing the current trend of 500+ this is scary as thats not acheivable for me at all.

Also I've been hearing after the elections in 2025, if Trudeau is not selected, the immigration in Canada could end completely?

dennajort

Star Member
Jul 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-08-2022
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Passport Req..
29-12-2022

I've almost completed my studies here in canada and will be applying for PR through EE once I get 1 year of experience. My points will be 479 in around 1-1.5 years. Will that even be enough? If it isn't what are my options? :( Seeing the current trend of 500+ this is scary as thats not acheivable for me at all.

Also I've been hearing after the elections in 2025, if Trudeau is not selected, the immigration in Canada could end completely?
Hi ! It is difficult to plan how the score will be in 1-1.5 years. The current high score is due to the Pandemic and IRCC not doing a lot of Express Entry draws. Also in 1-1.5 years maybe the score breakdown will be different so you may have more or less points.

Recently it seems that IRCC is willing to make some change on improving immigration pathways for Canadian graduates and Temporary workers, it's not clear yet how the changes will be implemented. But it might be good for you.

You should also looks at the PNP stream. Provinces are allowed to select some applicants with their own criterias. This could allows you to be selected before the 1-1.5 years possibly. Being selected give you 600 points and launches you at the top of the EE pool. Sometime immigration means taking a step back temporarly. Maybe being in a less popular province with an easier PNP stream could help if you are dedicated to stay in Canada.

About the 2025 Election, it's another story for another time. But I don't think Canada will give up on it's immigrants force. The country needs us.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020

Don't stress about rumors dealing with elections two years from now.

Think about ways to increase your score, like adding French or exploring the various PNP options linked to Express entry.