+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Critical situation - urgent help needed

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi all, I received PPR on August 29th and send my passport immediately, delivered on August 31st. Since my PPR was quick and since I saw people getting CoPR quickly (some in a matter of 5-6 days most in 3 weeks) I assumed that I will get CoPR soon, so I started applying for Jobs writing 'Canadian PR holder' on resume (since my PR is technically approved) assuming that by the time I get interview call I will get the passport back with CoPR, now I have received interview call (first round only - phone interview- not onsite interview), but unfortunately even after almost 1 month I have not received the CoPR. Now my fear is this - lets say I pass the phone interview and they call me for onsite interview and by that time also I don't get my passport then I will have no way to go for the onsite interview and I dont know how much time it will take, since technically there is no fixed time by which CoPR is granted..I hope that I get it by the time I get onsite interview (hoping I clear phone interview), but if it comes to the situation where they call me for interview and I dont get passport back, what would be my option? thanks.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi all, I received PPR on August 29th and send my passport immediately, delivered on August 31st. Since my PPR was quick and since I saw people getting CoPR quickly (some in a matter of 5-6 days most in 3 weeks) I assumed that I will get CoPR soon, so I started applying for Jobs writing 'Canadian PR holder' on resume (since my PR is technically approved) assuming that by the time I get interview call I will get the passport back with CoPR, now I have received interview call (first round only - phone interview- not onsite interview), but unfortunately even after almost 1 month I have not received the CoPR. Now my fear is this - lets say I pass the phone interview and they call me for onsite interview and by that time also I don't get my passport then I will have no way to go for the onsite interview and I dont know how much time it will take, since technically there is no fixed time by which CoPR is granted..I hope that I get it by the time I get onsite interview (hoping I clear phone interview), but if it comes to the situation where they call me for interview and I dont get passport back, what would be my option? thanks.
All you can do for now is to call them and ask if they can process it fast because you need it. It worked for me at least :)

Reactions: LalluBhaiya

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
All you can do for now is to call them and ask if they can process it fast because you need it. It worked for me at least :)
thanks buddy, i tried it, but from US you cannot call :(, only from within Canada. Are you in Canada or outside? Also can you kindly confirm which no. you called. I got 2 numbers int this forum and both are accessible from within Canada only.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
thanks buddy, i tried it, but from US you cannot call :(, only from within Canada. Are you in Canada or outside? Also can you kindly confirm which no. you called. I got 2 numbers int this forum and both are accessible from within Canada only.
I was inside of Canada at that time. I called this one 1-888-242-2100... Or you can send an email to CPC Ottawa.
I used to call 1 number from outside of Canada by using Google Hangouts (but I guess they changed it now, that's why you can't call them).

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Please keep calm and don't over-complicate things. Your situation is not at all critical nor urgent. You have not been even called for an on-site interview yet.
Anyway, when you are called for an interview, ask for a reschedule as the passport is not in your possession right now and you can't fly. Most companies will understand that. Good Luck!
boss, while I can understand why you say it is not complicated, I beg to disagree (and some people would agree with me) - it is not about when/whether I get onsite interview or about being able to get it postponed, the bigger issue is postponed till when? what is my visibility? I can't call the numbers because those are accessible from Canada only.

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
I was inside of Canada at that time. I called this one 1-888-242-2100... Or you can send an email to CPC Ottawa.
I used to call 1 number from outside of Canada by using Google Hangouts (but I guess they changed it now, that's why you can't call them).
Thanks brother much appreciated. Can you plz provide the email ID that I can send the request to? thanks a lot.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
don't worry
max 5 weeks
2-3 weeks for approval
1-2 weeks passport back

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Use your mobile phone and IDD service to call. I called quite a few times from Thailand.

The number I called:
+1 (613) 944-4000 followed by 1,1,1,7,0

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Use your mobile phone and IDD service to call. I called quite a few times from Thailand.

The number I called:
+1 (613) 944-4000 followed by 1,1,1,7,0
What is IDD service?

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017