+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation

NordkappAsahiBeer

Jun 9, 2022
I have a conviction. I am now applying for Canada ETA. I believe I had been fully deemed rehabilitated. But I had not applied for Rehabilitation to the Canadian embassy.

The ETA is still processed and no approval or refusal decision is made. The IRCC had not stated whether I had been deemed rehabilitated or not!!!

Should I apply for the Rehabilitation even if the ETA application is not finalized at this moment? Will the embassy officers be very annoyed and angry?

Note that IRCC only accepts a police certificate within 6 months from the date of issue. I don't want to apply for a new police certificate. Therefore, I want to apply for Rehabilitation even if the ETA application is not finalized at this moment!!!

Won

Sep 23, 2017
I have a conviction. I am now applying for Canada ETA. I believe I had been fully deemed rehabilitated. But I had not applied for Rehabilitation to the Canadian embassy.

The ETA is still processed and no approval or refusal decision is made. The IRCC had not stated whether I had been deemed rehabilitated or not!!!

Should I apply for the Rehabilitation even if the ETA application is not finalized at this moment? Will the embassy officers be very annoyed and angry?

Note that IRCC only accepts a police certificate within 6 months from the date of issue. I don't want to apply for a new police certificate. Therefore, I want to apply for Rehabilitation even if the ETA application is not finalized at this moment!!!
You have to apply for deemed rehabilitation; otherwise, your application won't be approved.

Dec 18, 2017
I applied as well from 2018 and still have not received a response? I file also H&C to forgive conviction over 12 years ago, all time have passed to be eligible to apply for rehab, so I did apply this was 2018. Still I dont even have a way of tracking my application. Bro, being deemed would mean you should not need to apply, depending on the crime. To be certain you can apply, i dont think it will hurt, it would just lend and extra level of security

Won

Sep 23, 2017
I applied as well from 2018 and still have not received a response? I file also H&C to forgive conviction over 12 years ago, all time have passed to be eligible to apply for rehab, so I did apply this was 2018. Still I dont even have a way of tracking my application. Bro, being deemed would mean you should not need to apply, depending on the crime. To be certain you can apply, i dont think it will hurt, it would just lend and extra level of security
Firstly, English is not my first language so when I understood the Deemed rehabilitation, I thought that I don't need to apply it, so I did not ( technically my immigration agent did not declare and apply.) then I ended up getting a removal order. I have been so frustrated since 2019 when I was supposed to receive my PR. Anyway, I'm also still waiting for my TRP and H&C.

Dec 18, 2017
Firstly, English is not my first language so when I understood the Deemed rehabilitation, I thought that I don't need to apply it, so I did not ( technically my immigration agent did not declare and apply.) then I ended up getting a removal order. I have been so frustrated since 2019 when I was supposed to receive my PR. Anyway, I'm also still waiting for my TRP and H&C.
Any update about either? I received a letter via email from IRCC saying that I am missing a identity document specifically passport. So they withdrew my application and returned my fee. I do not have a passport and they know this cause i was placed in removal proceeding in 2012 and it took them til 2016 to get a emergency travel document from my country. Once they got it and ask me to book my ticket, I filed a application to seek judicial review. Filing that judicial review ended up 'staying' the removal (which the federal court judge said was unreasonable anyway). I sent my birth cert. with my original application yet they still request a passport. This is the puzzling part for me. hope this helped someone.