+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Records Check for CEC Canada

Canada053

Jul 18, 2016
Hi All,

I have been in Canada since 17. I turned 18 in Canada and have visited my home country twice since 2009.

Are CEC applicants expected to obtain a criminal records check for Canada, or will CIC conduct one during the immigration process.

Thanks

Reactions: Tomi2

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If one is needed for Canada they will obtain one directly. Any other country where cumulatively you have spent more than 6 months since 18 even on visits you will need to obtain.

Reactions: Canada053

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,
I have been in Canada since 17. I turned 18 in Canada and have visited my home country twice since 2009.

Are CEC applicants expected to obtain a criminal records check for Canada, or will CIC conduct one during the immigration process.
You do not need to provide a Canadian PCC with the application. If IRCC determines that you need a finger-print based check later on, they will will request it.

If you have not spent a cumulative 6 months in your home country since turning 18, you technically do not need to provide the PCC for that country, but you should provide a letter of explanation (VOs will normally expect the PCC from the home country and may reject the application as incomplete if they don't find it, so best to provide the LOE). Keep in mind that it is IRCC's right to ask for one anyway, and they sometimes do.

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
You do not need to provide a Canadian PCC with the application. If IRCC determines that you need a finger-print based check later on, they will will request it.

If you have not spent a cumulative 6 months in your home country since turning 18, you technically do not need to provide the PCC for that country, but you should provide a letter of explanation (VOs will normally expect the PCC from the home country and may reject the application as incomplete if they don't find it, so best to provide the LOE). Keep in mind that it is IRCC's right to ask for one anyway, and they sometimes do.

I'm in the same position, thanks so much for answering ...

jerry1013

Aug 1, 2017

thank you so much