+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit hours requirement?

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
Hello, I am trying to find the definite formula of credit hours for being considered as a full time student for PGWP.

From what I understand, two semesters done in 8 months without break is considered as a 1 year education, so I am trying to find programs that are either 2x8 months or continuous 16 months. However credit hours for different programs may differ a lot.

Do we need 30 credit each term to be considered as having completed the year?

In short, Im asking what is the minimum amount of credit hours I should have, to be considered for 3 years PWGP in 16 months?

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
From what I understand, it is necessary to have 12 credits per term to hold full-time status. So the minimum limit would be 48 credits?

I think this is a very important issue that needs %100 clarification as there are many people entering study programs that will not lead to their desired PGWP and not much info is around about this. So thanks in advance for your help.

amrit saab

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
I am also want to know anybody here who can shed some light on this topic

MapleMoose

Jul 8, 2016
This is probably one of the most imporant topics which is still not %100 clear. For example, there are many master programs with 45 credits. Will they be eligible for 3 year pgwp assuming we study 4 terms?

This also effects costs as less credits will usually cost less overall...Correct adjustment of study program saves time, money and makes sure our process goes without problems, so it is a vital part of my research.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
MapleMoose said:
This is probably one of the most imporant topics which is still not %100 clear. For example, there are many master programs with 45 credits. Will they be eligible for 3 year pgwp assuming we study 4 terms?

This also effects costs as less credits will usually cost less overall...Correct adjustment of study program saves time, money and makes sure our process goes without problems, so it is a vital part of my research.
Credit definition changes from college to college, even program to program. Just stick with the full time duration.
Yes 16 months (4terms) continuous full time study makes you eligible to 3 years PGWP. But also it depends from case to case and officer to officer. ::)
I myself got 3 years PGWP after 16 months of full time Masters program from university, but at the same time my friend with exactly same studies/duration got 1.5 years PGWP.
Rule we believe, 3 terms (1year) or less than that makes you eligible for 1 year PGWP. More than 3 terms (more than year=4terms or more) makes you eligible to 3 year PGWP. I said eligible not gurantees. :-X