+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit Cards Prob

C

cchabert

Yes I already have my Costco Amex that I'm planing to keep for Canada

estong

Oct 27, 2008
hey... you giving me much idea...... yes definitely i will start a new credit history again.... barrow money to the bank, pay minimum and after three to six months pay the full balance so that you can have a good credit history to start with... i hope this work as this work here in the US. right now i am thinking of what appliances i will get and give it to my sister just to make at least a break even with the lender. with my car as what you said bring back the key to the bank coz i know it is too much for your payment if you bring it to canada and aside from that there are alot of paper works to be done to much hassle on our part not unlike drop the key to the bank thats it no more problem....
and aside from that i am thinking of going to foreclosure so i can save more money to start in canada. and yes i will get amex/costco card but do you think there will be no problem with that, since you defaulted all your debts here in the US. creditors might see you doing some business in canada because you are using an amex issued credit card and can trace you where you located? just asking....

estong

Oct 27, 2008
It seems that it is better to start a new one than making any traces that you came from the US. and the other thing that i am not considering is to be employed in a US company coz i heard that once they know that you came from the US they will run your background check from the US(this is good if you have a good credit but how about if you don't have), i don't know if this is true..
hope we can still exchange some information about our economic scenario until we reached our common goal which to settle and have a good new life in canada...

GOODLUCK TO ALL OF US!!!

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
For you who will transfer your US AmEx to Canada AmEx. I just did that. It's a good way to quickly build credit in Canada, but remeber you have to pay off your US AmEx balance before you can transfer. You can't transfer your balance.