+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credit Card is blocked!!! How to update info with new card number???

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Dear Mates,

I have submitted my application under FSW3 in May. CIO recieved my application on 11th May and i am yet to recieve my first AOR. However, i had chosen to pay with one of my credit card that got blocked yesterday due to some irregular activities which i had to claim as unauthorised. So the bank has the card cancelled now and sending me a new one within a week.

Now, as far i know from this forum, the candidates whose application were recieved on around 16th-22nd April - currently undergoing CC Charges. Mine then should be within 15-20 days time. Now i am really worried with all the changes that has recently took placed. CIO seems to be much strciter nowadays. I have read on several cases that, if a CC is declined/invalid, then they give 30 days time frame to resubmit the information. But since i already know atleast 2-3 weeks before the probable charge date, can i not update the information anyhow??

Please mates, help me out here. I do not want to wait till i get a letter from them asking for new informatin.

How can i work it out??? Thanks for your inputs in advance!!!

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aakash28 said:
Dear Mates,

I have submitted my application under FSW3 in May. CIO recieved my application on 11th May and i am yet to recieve my first AOR. However, i had chosen to pay with one of my credit card that got blocked yesterday due to some irregular activities which i had to claim as unauthorised. So the bank has the card cancelled now and sending me a new one within a week.

Now, as far i know from this forum, the candidates whose application were recieved on around 16th-22nd April - currently undergoing CC Charges. Mine then should be within 15-20 days time. Now i am really worried with all the changes that has recently took placed. CIO seems to be much strciter nowadays. I have read on several cases that, if a CC is declined/invalid, then they give 30 days time frame to resubmit the information. But since i already know atleast 2-3 weeks before the probable charge date, can i not update the information anyhow??

Please mates, help me out here. I do not want to wait till i get a letter from them asking for new informatin.

How can i work it out??? Thanks for your inputs in advance!!!
Hi,

You will have to wait for the CIC letter about the payment because if you send updated form now CIC will not be able to track your application because you dont have the file number yet. So i think you will have to wait before you can do anything or else send a whole new application.

Cheers
saki

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Oh...my NOC 0111 is no longer valid. I have to live on the pre June 26th system. Man, this is the worrying part, if i cannot update the CC info, they might just as well return the full application since 0111 is not the list anymore.

Also, even if they do send me a 30 days notice, it will take some times to get mailed in here by post. would eat up at least 10-15 days.. then again..i resend..then the process... i can easily see an extended period of time ranging from 2 months to 3 months.

So, NO way to update?? NO customer service number ? nothing at all???

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Wait as Saki said

As in my case CC was declined but they mailed me and gave me 30 days to update and i did that and got AOR?

However you may call the CIO fone and talk to the agent and they shall help you in tracing your application (no matter whether you have a file number or not) as in my case
so go ahead and call them

hopefully you know the number

If not then its

001-613-9444-000

frgive me if i typed the number wrong

DOnt sit ust call them its in Montreal so check time before you call 9-5 MOn=Fri Montreal time

Hope this helps

_Ana

Jun 24, 2010
Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just wait for their letter
i paid with CC too, and put wrong card number on the payment form. they e-mailed me saying that card info is invalid asking to update the information

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Thanks Cuccooo.. i will definately call them up to see how it goes!

Ana, you got an email from them to update the CC info? I meant, if you got an email, then in response did you reply on email as well? or send a new form with their give file number? Please confirm.

Also, please let me know the email address they had used to email you as i need to make sure this email doesnt go to my spam box.

Thanks for your help guys! I just wish there were easier rules to update information for such incidents!

steve81

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15- 10- 2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
14-4-2010
IELTS Request
7.5(academic)
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Request
waitin
Med's Done....
waitin
Interview........
waitin
Passport Req..
waitin
dont worry akash

this also happened with me, they sent me a email that your credit card did not worked and they gave me option to resend fee only not whole application. So you dont have to worry what I think. You are safe. They also gave me time of one month for that.

You can do one more thing. You can send them your fee only once again and attach a covering letter with that stating you passposrt no, date of birth, full name, date at which your documents were received at CIO. This can save some time if this worked, u dont have to worry that they will charge you twice.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
I think i am going to call them. But also prefer to email them about my situation if possible. Is there any email address for CIO Customer service?? Please share with me.

Steve, i think your idea is good. I can have another form filled up with new CC number or a DD and send a cover letter with related information to them - just in case they take it to update my file. If not i will get an email from them at least.

If they email me, then i can realx a bit. I was worrid that they would send me postal mail and it would eat a lot of time.

What is the email address from which you got the email to update your credit card information? So that i can have it filteres to be safe in gmail. Infact, can any one guide me how to save these CIO email address such as FSW-Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca to NOT go to SPAM box! I will highly appreciate your help on this.

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
aakash28 said:
Thanks Cuccooo.. i will definately call them up to see how it goes!

Ana, you got an email from them to update the CC info? I meant, if you got an email, then in response did you reply on email as well? or send a new form with their give file number? Please confirm.

Also, please let me know the email address they had used to email you as i need to make sure this email doesnt go to my spam box.

Thanks for your help guys! I just wish there were easier rules to update information for such incidents!
Well if you get an email then (as per my discussion with the fone agent) he asked me to reply the same email and that will work

_Ana

Jun 24, 2010
Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aakash28, they asked to submit new CC info via mail, same address in Sydney we send initial applications to. they gave me my case number to put it on the envelope, to make sure the letter doesn't go astray

I'll PM you their email - not sure its ok to post it in the forum

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Thanks all for the help.

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
documents sent on 22th june received on 24th june(AZIZW)
AOR Received.
ECAS 'Received by Visa office 'changed on 24th Aug 2010 waiting for 2nd AOR
well that too happen to me . as when i send my application in dec 2009 i got a letter from CIC in feb 2010 that my credit card is not valid i shud provide a new demand draft or fill a valid credit card information . then later i send through DHL and i got AOR in 7 days from the receipt of the DD .. so don't worry and hope for the best . wish u all the best.
Cheers

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
documents sent on 22th june received on 24th june(AZIZW)
AOR Received.
ECAS 'Received by Visa office 'changed on 24th Aug 2010 waiting for 2nd AOR
they emailed me that the information for payment was not valid please send the specific payment form along with all the valid details or may be demand draft attached

mrkcse

Jul 6, 2010
q2hassan said:
they emailed me that the information for payment was not valid please send the specific payment form along with all the valid details or may be demand draft attached
In the new system there will be cap on number of processed application(first complete 1000 application for each NOC code,20000 total)

So what will happen in case they cannot process my credit card . Will I be considered later if I send another credit card details again or demand draft ?

Any comments on this..