+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CREDIBILITY ISUE

Lois0

May 15, 2021
Guys my friend had a hearing yesterday, the Minister intervened on his file attacking his credibilty but was not present in hearing he only presents his submission on Paper. My question for him is can a judge refuse the case even if he didn't contradict to his story? they told him that they will send him a decision not later than 3 months but it will be as soon as possible. he didn't contradict to his story, his lawyer told him that it was all good. and the explanation on minister's intervention convinced the judge. how do you guys think about it? why did the judge didn't give him a decision right away

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Guys my friend had a hearing yesterday, the Minister intervened on his file attacking his credibilty but was not present in hearing he only presents his submission on Paper. My question for him is can a judge refuse the case even if he didn't contradict to his story? they told him that they will send him a decision not later than 3 months but it will be as soon as possible. he didn't contradict to his story, his lawyer told him that it was all good. and the explanation on minister's intervention convinced the judge. how do you guys think about it? why did the judge didn't give him a decision right away
In most cases Judge don’t give decision on table it does not mean that its a negative thing. If his lawyer says Judge was convinced (Including Minister’s Objections cleared) and there is no contradictions than keep hope for positive outcome. Best of luck to him.

Lois0

May 15, 2021
In most cases Judge don’t give decision on table it does not mean that its a negative thing. If his lawyer says Judge was convinced (Including Minister’s Objections cleared) and there is no contradictions than keep hope for positive outcome. Best of luck to him.
Thank you on his behalf! The fact that the judge thanked him while concluding , he said as I quote" Thank you for the way you tried to answer all the questions I know It's not easy for you to tell somebody you don't know your story. But you did your best, I shall send you a decision in 15days to 3 Months, It will be as soon as possible". How do you think about that statement made by his judge?

skmcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Thank you on his behalf! The fact that the judge thanked him while concluding , he said as I quote" Thank you for the way you tried to answer all the questions I know It's not easy for you to tell somebody you don't know your story. But you did your best, I shall send you a decision in 15days to 3 Months, It will be as soon as possible". How do you think about that statement made by his judge?
It seems positive and hope it will be but still we can not predict anything as in some cases we see that Judge was very strict and serious but outcome is positive and vice versa.

I can understand after hearing till you get NOD is very tough time always you have thousand thoughts in mind.

Lois0

May 15, 2021
It seems positive and hope it will be but still we can not predict anything as in some cases we see that Judge was very strict and serious but outcome is positive and vice versa.

I can understand after hearing till you get NOD is very tough time always you have thousand thoughts in mind.
Thanks on his behalf he was so nervous!

Reactions: skmcanada