+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Creating a profile: What should be the answer to these two questions

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi all,

I'm creating an EE profile to submit my application through CEC. There are two questions in the forms that we need to fill out that I'm sort of confused what would be the right answers for them:

1) Complete/full academic years: For this, I'm not sure what should I enter. I started my PhD in January 2019 and finished it (i.e., got letter of completion) in February 2022 (in the Winter semester of 2022, there is only my thesis mentioned in my transcripts). Based on this, the answer to this question should be 3 or 4 years?

2) Graduation data: As I mentioned above, I got the letter of completion in February 2022, and my convocation was in June 2022. In my transcripts, there are two dates:
* Doctor of Philosophy Degree Requirements Completed --> February 2022
* Doctor of Philosophy Degree Completed Program --> July 2022
Based on these, which one is the graduation date in your view?

Thank you

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
1) You should enter the amount of academic years that your school classifies the program as. For example, in Canada a Bachelours degree is 4 years and while many students will take a 5th year to complete all the requirements, it is still a 4 year program.
2) your graduation date is when you have completed all aspects of the program, which is not your graduation ceremony date. My transcript was more straightforward with only a single date on it. You should go with the date that is on your official transcript. If there are both dates, you should investigate which date represents best when you completed the program.

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Thank you.

I figured out the answer to my first question.

However, I'm still not sure about the second question. I don't know if I should enter 3 or 4 for the "Complete/Full Academic Years".

Would be grateful if could help me with this.

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Hello, I had a question in my profile creation, if i m creating my profile now in August, and complete 2 years of canadian exp in september, can i mention 2 years or is it still one?

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
Thank you.

I figured out the answer to my first question.

However, I'm still not sure about the second question. I don't know if I should enter 3 or 4 for the "Complete/Full Academic Years".

Would be grateful if could help me with this.
erm you said you are unsure about the second question but mention details referring to the first question

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
Hello, I had a question in my profile creation, if i m creating my profile now in August, and complete 2 years of canadian exp in september, can i mention 2 years or is it still one?
you made a comment in someone else's post, but when you create your profile it will ask you the date you started the job and the system will calculate the number of years at the job on its own

Reactions: Sree2750

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
you made a comment in someone else's post, but when you create your profile it will ask you the date you started the job and the system will calculate the number of years at the job on its own
Apologies for that! Wasnt sure of what forum to ask. Thanks for the answer! appreciate it!

MaxFederico

Star Member
May 6, 2018
erm you said you are unsure about the second question but mention details referring to the first question
Thanks. Sorry I meant the first question I'm still unsure about. The thing is that it says how long it took me to finishe my study not how long the program was.