+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPU-Sydney Nova Scotia

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
I just wonder what is the specific role of Sydney NS? if Noc is OK application is sent to Visa Office who also have to go through the same steps. Can't Visa office look at that? How it is going to shorten timline? Do Sydney people based on information provided by the applicant make preliminary assessment such as points >67 in addition to NOC and other ? factors. What are their other ?assessment criteria? Can one assume that Sydney determines eligibility and visa office selection?

Q

qenawy8

Dear sir

I think the importance of CPU Sydney is that:

It can control the number of applicants with a specific job

I mean when Canada needs 300 doctor for example if every visa office accepts all applications from these doctors so the net result of doctor's number may reach 2 thousand
Conclusion is

In a few words
CPU acts as a remote controller of Canada to balance the Canadian work force market

thanks

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
qenawy8 said:
Dear sir

I mean when Canada needs 300 doctor for example if every visa office accepts all applications from these doctors so the net result of doctor's number may reach 2 thousand
Conclusion is

In a few words
CPU acts as a remote controller of Canada to balance the Canadian work force market

thanks
I reason why all files will go through Sydney is that if a particular person is not qualifying he/ she will be rejected by CIC right there, The file will not be sent to the local visa post. This will save time of the immigration officers in the local visa posts to screen the files and see if they qualify or not. It takes a lot of time because when the file number is issued the file is not screened yet. So if Sydney can decide this no time will be wasted in sending unnecessary file numbers and time will be saved for immigration officers.

Gud luck, taek care

hajarf

Mar 30, 2009
I sent my PR application files to Buffalo, but they sent them back to me stating that I need to send them to sydney, Nova scotia. (as I did not have an arranged job)

unfortunatly I lost the exact address of where I need to send my application in sydney. Can anybody please help me with the exact address? I checked cic website also but I am not sure which postal address is the right one.

Many Thanks and note that it is abit urgent

pipa

Mar 23, 2009
There are two address..PO Box and the Courier one. I sent it through courier therefore i used courier address:

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Unit
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

Courier Address:
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Unit
196 George Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 1J3
Canada

Hope this helps....and good luck!

SSuleman

Sep 3, 2009
I sent the application to

Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Unit
196 George Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 1J3
Canada.

I haven't heard anything yet. How do I contact them?

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
helpmeimmigrate said:
qenawy8 said:
Dear sir

Conclusion is

In a few words

thanks
I reason why all files will go through Sydney is that if a particular person is not qualifying he/ she will be rejected by CIC right there, The file will not be sent to the local visa post. This will save time of the immigration officers in the local visa posts to screen the files and see if they qualify or not. It takes a lot of time because when the file number is issued the file is not screened yet. So if Sydney can decide this no time will be wasted in sending unnecessary file numbers and time will be saved for immigration officers.

Gud luck, taek care
CIC Sydney is just a red tape step to provide jobs to people in Sydney, NS...I fully believe that local offices FULLY evaluate the COMPLETE profile AGAIN...if not, do u say that "local officials dont evaluate the job responsibilities" - then u are wrong.

i really dont know how Jason kenney has fast tracked things but introducing a new step in process which is again repeated at local office..

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
I fully agree with Sonu8 regarding the role of CPU Sydney. I have seen postings from several visa offices rejecting the applications that the candidates job responsibilities are not according to the NOC. CPU Sydney is redundant and is a waste of time of 2-3 months for the applicant and heavy burden on the exchequer.

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
CIO Sydney will be processing complete FSW in future. Its role and responsibilities will grow in coming months/years. CIO Sydney currently do not employ visa officers

rajivsharma

Sep 25, 2009
SSuleman said:
I sent the application to

Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Unit
196 George Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 1J3
Canada.

I haven't heard anything yet. How do I contact them?