Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
GeeO said:
So correct me if I am wrong but when the form asks us for our processing center it is CPP-O but we mail it to Mississauga anyways?
I am applying from the states to, i thought all this CPP stuff were so confusing too
Yes, they all go to Mississauga first for sponsor approval, and from there to the proper office for the applicant.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GeeO said:
So correct me if I am wrong but when the form asks us for our processing center it is CPP-O but we mail it to Mississauga anyways?
I am applying from the states to, i thought all this CPP stuff were so confusing too
You are correct :)

Let me try to clear up the confusion.

You actually are submitting two applications: one to be able to sponsor, and a second for the non-Canadian to become a PR.

The sponsorship application needs to be reviewed first (and they also check that the PR application is complete) - this is done at CPC-M (Mississauga) which is why you send it there.

The PR application is then assessed at the visa office that is responsible for the territory to live in. For US applicants it just happens to be at CPP-O so you request CPP-O as your VO in the documents. Once CPC-M recommends the sponsorship to be approved, they will forward the application to the visa office responsible for your nationality/current residency in line with IRPA.

anonymity

Jul 24, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
Hey GeeO, my husband and I are living in Canada as well and we just submitted my document a week ago.

We had our medical exam done, attached it with the document and sent it to Mississauga. However, the result of medical exam was sent to Ottawa by the doctor since all the medical exams taken in Canada are sent to Ottawa and are registered there so the other CIC offices around the world can see them online.

I wrote "CPP - Ottawa" on the Option C form, but my doctor told me that he needed the office name outside Canada because he can't write down "CPP - Ottawa". I don't know if he needed to fill the form up online, which may have been the reason he couldn't choose CPP-Ottawa, but he kept saying that I had to choose one office outside Canada and I ended up telling him to write "Buffalo", which has been closed. However, as I mentioned above, it doesn't matter which office the doctor writes because the result of the medical exam is sent to Ottawa first anyways.

You'll send the other documents to Mississauga and the visa officer will send them to CPP-O or the other office you belong to, like OhCanadiana posted.

blueday

Nov 5, 2012
spacedog30 said:
I sorted it out today. PHEW. Thank you both for your help. And, UsCa...this whole thing may drive me to drink! :)
Hi spacedog, i realized i made the same error, putting Mississauga instead of Ottawa. How did you manage to sort it?

Thanks!

Hunt71

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Can someone please help:

I submitted my complete file, but they requested 1-additional form, which I completed and sent back within two days. Then My file got sent to Ottawa as of September 4. How long could the process take from here?

Thanks

Hunt71

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
My Timeline:

Category........: Spouse
Visa Office......: Ottawa
App. Filed.......: 03-12-2012
AOR Received.: 08-21-2012
Med's Done....: 07-19-2012
Passport Req..: Waiting...

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
If anyone starts a spreadsheet, just let me know and I'll put it on the spreadsheet document!

I'm not sure if my file is actually in LA or actually in Ottawa. I'll know whenever hubby gets his PPR I guess o_O

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Now I can officially join this thread :D
My husband's approval letter said my application has been forwarded to Ottawa but as you guys say, who knows where it will end up. For now, I'll think it's Ottawa until further (very further, lol) notice.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012