+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-Ottawa ONLY - Post your timeline here! faster processing?

PNP8

Feb 3, 2012
I have applied for one fedral application in skilled worker category and another in pnp category and my medicals are already done in pnp those are even updated on ecas on around march 6,2012 .Anyone has any idea what will be next step in my case .Will I get PPR in a similar way as everyone has got here . :'(

Tomorrow

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 july 14
Nomination.....
2011 may 7th
AOR Received.
2011 oct 11
File Transfer...
Ottawa 2011 Oct 11
Med's Request
2011 Oct 11
Med's Done....
2011 Nov 7th
Passport Req..
2012 Apr 25th
VISA ISSUED...
2012 May
LANDED..........
2012 July
Guys, my ecas updated to medical received by mar 8th, nothing happened after yet, how long it takes to receive ppr from Ottawa?

canpaki

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2011
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2012 CPP-OTTAWA
Med's Request
27 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
17 Feb 2012 .... ecas shows in process
Interview........
... no
Passport Req..
....not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
ethels said:
Your paper is with CPP-Ottawa (Processing centre) for eligibility check and you passed?

After CSQ.. i send my App to buffalo at 15 august 2011 the recievd 18 august 2011
then it was a long waiting untill 27 jan 2012....
27 jan i recive an email that my file has been transferd to CPP-OTTAWA..
and i had a med request attached and my client ID that i can chek my app status on line...
med done 17 FEB... they updated online that they recievd med results 05 MARCH 2012
now plz can any body tell me when they will ask me my passport to stamp visa????? :'( :'(

Beetlebum

Oct 11, 2011
canpaki said:
After CSQ.. i send my App to buffalo at 15 august 2011 the recievd 18 august 2011
then it was a long waiting untill 27 jan 2012....
27 jan i recive an email that my file has been transferd to CPP-OTTAWA..
and i had a med request attached and my client ID that i can chek my app status on line...
med done 17 FEB... they updated online that they received med results 05 MARCH 2012
now plz can any body tell me when they will ask me my passport to stamp visa????? :'( :'(
My file was transferred to Ottawa too, and they sent me the passport request 8 months after they received my medical results. Don't hold your breath.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Definitely faster, based on my experience.
In my case it took 5 months and 1 week to get the landing visa since the date of filing my PR application.

canpaki

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2011
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2012 CPP-OTTAWA
Med's Request
27 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
... no
Passport Req..
....not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Beetlebum said:
My file was transferred to Ottawa too, and they sent me the passport request 8 months after they received my medical results. Don't hold your breath.
yes but so many people got there passport request within few weeks after medical results recievd how come ??

canpaki

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2011
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2012 CPP-OTTAWA
Med's Request
27 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
... no
Passport Req..
....not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
HI every one

I was reading on forums that some files are tranfered to CPP - ottawa from Buffalo office for so called faster processing. But, was curious to know, what CPP exactly does and how they function? So, I googled some information and found out some interesting facts. Especially why, Sept 2011 applicants are getting lucky over previous month applicants for getting their AOR and medical within a month.

The implementation of this pilot project will take place in two phases, as detailed below. The procedures will remain in place for at least two years. An assessment of the pilot will be conducted at the end of the first year.

Phase 1 – File Creation
Period: April 2011 to September 2011

Step Action
1 CBSA forwards the paper file to CPP-O.
2 CPP-O creates the GCMS file, initiates mandatory checks (security checks only) and forwards the file to the visa office for processing. CPP-O will not communicate with the client or the sponsor during this phase to avoid confusion for the client.
During Phase 1, CPP-O will develop quality assurance tools for this pilot and create guidelines to help triage files into different risk categories, with the assistance of Operational Management and Coordination (OMC) Branch and International Region.

Phase 2 – Full Processing of Cases
Period: September 2011 – April 2012

Step Action
2 CPP-O creates the GCMS file and initiates mandatory checks (security checks only).
3.a For files with relatively low admissibility risks, CPP-O will process cases to final decision. Permanent Resident Visas and Confirmations of Permanent Residence will be printed at the visa office. CPP-O will retain the file.
3.b For files with complex admissibility risks, the files will be sent to the visa office for processing. CPP-O will not communicate with the client or the sponsor to avoid confusion for the client.
CPP-O will send a copy of the IAD decision to the relevant visa office for those cases which CPP-O will process to final decision.

Reference source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/...

PNP8

Feb 3, 2012
ethels said:
I hate to speculate. If I were you, I would order my CAIPS/GMCS note to see where the hold up is.

Maybe not now, but wait for few more weeks or even a month then if you haven't heard anything that's what I would do.

People in this forum can speculate and give you positive encouragement but the only way for you to find out is to order these notes.
I was just wondering is there any difference between CAIPS and GMCS notes .I am planning to order these notes just confused as to which option I should select CAIPS or GMCS on the forms .Any advice ?????

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
GMCS is replacing CAIPS, so order GMCS.

Tomorrow

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 july 14
Nomination.....
2011 may 7th
AOR Received.
2011 oct 11
File Transfer...
Ottawa 2011 Oct 11
Med's Request
2011 Oct 11
Med's Done....
2011 Nov 7th
Passport Req..
2012 Apr 25th
VISA ISSUED...
2012 May
LANDED..........
2012 July
after 2012 january, cpp-ottawa seems very quiet. no ppr,no ppr,no ppr,no ppr.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'
no ppr

Tomorrow

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011 july 14
Nomination.....
2011 may 7th
AOR Received.
2011 oct 11
File Transfer...
Ottawa 2011 Oct 11
Med's Request
2011 Oct 11
Med's Done....
2011 Nov 7th
Passport Req..
2012 Apr 25th
VISA ISSUED...
2012 May
LANDED..........
2012 July
i sent an email to cpp-ottawa yesterday, surprisely received a reply today. it as follow:

your file is being forwarded to buffalo. The next thing you hear from them should be a letter, in a few weeks time, asking you to pay to them the right of permanent residence fee and explaining procedures and documents required for visa issuance.

cpp-Ottawa

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpaki said:
HI every one

I was reading on forums that some files are tranfered to CPP - ottawa from Buffalo office for so called faster processing. But, was curious to know, what CPP exactly does and how they function? So, I googled some information and found out some interesting facts. Especially why, Sept 2011 applicants are getting lucky over previous month applicants for getting their AOR and medical within a month.

The implementation of this pilot project will take place in two phases, as detailed below. The procedures will remain in place for at least two years. An assessment of the pilot will be conducted at the end of the first year.

Phase 1 – File Creation
Period: April 2011 to September 2011

Step Action
2 CPP-O creates the GCMS file, initiates mandatory checks (security checks only) and forwards the file to the visa office for processing. CPP-O will not communicate with the client or the sponsor during this phase to avoid confusion for the client.
During Phase 1, CPP-O will develop quality assurance tools for this pilot and create guidelines to help triage files into different risk categories, with the assistance of Operational Management and Coordination (OMC) Branch and International Region.

Phase 2 – Full Processing of Cases
Period: September 2011 – April 2012

Step Action
2 CPP-O creates the GCMS file and initiates mandatory checks (security checks only).
3.a For files with relatively low admissibility risks, CPP-O will process cases to final decision. Permanent Resident Visas and Confirmations of Permanent Residence will be printed at the visa office. CPP-O will retain the file.
3.b For files with complex admissibility risks, the files will be sent to the visa office for processing. CPP-O will not communicate with the client or the sponsor to avoid confusion for the client.
CPP-O will send a copy of the IAD decision to the relevant visa office for those cases which CPP-O will process to final decision.

Reference source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/...
Hi Canpaki. I still does not get what the phases/dates mentioned mean. Please see my timeline and advise according to the information provided.
Thanks,

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
why does this report mean? where did you order it?

canpaki

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2011
AOR Received.
27 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2012 CPP-OTTAWA
Med's Request
27 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
... no
Passport Req..
....not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
speednab said:
Hi Canpaki. I still does not get what the phases/dates mentioned mean. Please see my timeline and advise according to the information provided.
Thanks,
you are in phase 1 same as me