+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPP-OTTAWA - no status yet - on strike ?

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi All,

Good Evening !!

A quick question.

Both myself and my wife are PR holders of canada and we live in Canada now with our daughter, who is a US citizen. My daughter is right now on the visitor visa/ just an entry date stamped in her passport. I applied for her PR under family sponsorship category around 3 months back. I got the sponsorship approval within 4 weeks from the Mississauga office and the file is now with CPP-ottawa office for further processing . It says as "Application Received" status with Ottawa office. Nothing more said on the status with the CPP ottawa (visa office) office . My daughter is just 3 years old and it is a very straight forward case. I have even sent the Medicals with the application itself. There is no need for the Police clearance Certificate for her. How long do you expect the wait time in this case ?

Is the CPP-Ottawa office (Pilot centre) also on strike and not even a single application is processed daily ? Please advise. thank you.

bye, Geo

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi All,

Good Evening !!

A quick question.

Both myself and my wife are PR holders of canada and we live in Canada now with our daughter, who is a US citizen. My daughter is right now on the visitor visa/ just an entry date stamped in her passport. I applied for her PR under family sponsorship category around 3 months back. I got the sponsorship approval within 4 weeks from the Mississauga office and the file is now with CPP-ottawa office for further processing . It says as "Application Received" status with Ottawa office. Nothing more said on the status with the CPP ottawa (visa office) office . My daughter is just 3 years old and it is a very straight forward case. I have even sent the Medicals with the application itself. There is no need for the Police clearance Certificate for her. How long do you expect the wait time in this case ?

Is the CPP-Ottawa office (Pilot centre) also on strike and not even a single application is processed daily ? Please advise. thank you.

bye, Geo
Applications are being processed. Support people are on strike. People who actually work on your file are working.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
GeorgeJoseph said:
How long do you expect the wait time in this case ?
Best case scenario for straightforward cases seems to be about 6 months from start to finish. This is best case timeline. You won't see an update from "Application Received" for Part 2 until the end is near. I wish there were more updates but that is the way it is.