+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPCO Final Request questions

Tom1144

Oct 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I think I had some good news, but it's confusing. I got an email from Case Processing Centre Ottawa saying that my PR application is "almost complete" and that I need to send in passport photos, etc., within the next 30 days. So obviously I'm doing that asap...

The questions are:

-This isn't how the CIC has contacted me in the past. This is a direct email to my inbox, not the usual message that I have to open in my online CIC account. Should that be cause for a hoax alarm? All my case info is correct in the email, so if it's a hoax, it's a very good (scary) one.

-In my online account, it still says my completeness check is not finished. Is that further cause for alarm?

-If this is all legit, does anyone know what kind of timing remains until I actually have my PR card in hand?

Thanks for the insights... I want to be excited, just making sure all of this adds up.

Tom

Tom1144

Oct 6, 2016
Thanks, I tried calling but wasn't able to get through. Going to try and make contact before I send in my docs.

However, I'm curious to know if this experience matches anyone else's out there? I'm looking around and it seems like a lot of people receive an email like this w/o an update in their online status, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has direct experience with this and had it work out.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Tom1144 said:
Thanks, I tried calling but wasn't able to get through. Going to try and make contact before I send in my docs.

However, I'm curious to know if this experience matches anyone else's out there? I'm looking around and it seems like a lot of people receive an email like this w/o an update in their online status, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has direct experience with this and had it work out.
I know how frustrating it is when in the last leg after waiting for months, we get such an ambiguous email!! And not to mention the ghost emails!!
Best luck and hope you get some response from other people who experienced the same situation.

ckateako

Sep 2, 2014
Hi Got the same letter earlier. I'm a bit confuse too. Same thing as yours direct email not at CIC account.

Hoping we can share information regarding this CPCO thing and I hope this things will be clarified to us. Good luck!

thakuram

Sep 29, 2016
got the same email and i am in same boat,no updates in online account.background check still in progress.Sent my passport.recieved.I dont think it is a hoax email.it has cic.gc.ca ending.Looks legit.Dont worry.

melloima

Jun 3, 2016
Hi, I think this is some kind of scam, i double checked the CIC website, they said that any decision will be delivered to you through my CIC account. I got the email too, but i am not gonna send my passport.

Philippine5

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Thats is the visa stampingnyou guys are in trouble if they did not receive it in 30 days. To make sure that it is from immigration check the email it should be @cic.gc.ca

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Recently I received an email from CPCO to submit my passport with regards to my Permanent Residency application under Canadian Express Class.
I am working in Canada under PGWP and is valid till 2018,August.
I am visiting India ( will be returning back to Canada on Dec 30 ).

Is it advisable to obtain my PR as single, get married and submit an application for my spouse ?
or
Is it better If I intimate CPCO that I am married because in the email they suggested that I should update them if my marital status changes - how does this affect my current CPCO request for COPR ?

I am still single and the marriage is almost finalized so getting confused on how to proceed further !
I searched CIC guides and am unable to find any documentation on how to proceed ?

Thanks !

Philippine5

Aug 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
renji said:
Hi All,
Recently I received an email from CPCO to submit my passport with regards to my Permanent Residency application under Canadian Express Class.

Is it advisable to obtain my PR as single, get married and submit an application for my spouse ?
or
Is it better If I intimate CPCO that I am married because in the email they suggested that I should update them if my marital status changes - how does this affect my current CPCO request for COPR ?

I am still single and the marriage is almost finalized so getting confused on how to proceed further !
I searched CIC guides and am unable to find any documentation on how to proceed ?

Thanks !
Your files is almost done!!!! Id rather just wait for it to be done then married! You will need to wait additional months if you marry someone because they need medical, security and criminal check for everyone added to the application

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Philippine5 said:
Your files is almost done!!!! Id rather just wait for it to be done then married! You will need to wait additional months if you marry someone because they need medical, security and criminal check for everyone added to the application
Thank you for the advice, will do the same.

FabAle

Oct 8, 2016
got the same email and i am in same boat,no updates in online account.background check still in progress.Sent my passport.recieved.I dont think it is a hoax email.it has cic.gc.ca ending.Looks legit.Dont worry.
Hi there! Just double checking this with you. Did you receive the same message and did you send your passport? How long did it take to receive back your passport?

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its pain in the a** to sponsor some one :( it takes like a year
its easier and fast to decline copr, give an initimation to IRCC that you are married, submit the forms and get COPR for both ! my friend did this and he & his spouse got COPR in 2months.

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there! Just double checking this with you. Did you receive the same message and did you send your passport? How long did it take to receive back your passport?
Hi, yes i got the same email.. it takes like a week or two at max within Canada

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi All,

or

Thanks !
If you are already married, you do not declare your marriage to CIC and land as PR --> you can be charged with misrepresentation effectively losing PR and/or you will never be able to sponsor your wife.