+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPCO-Final Request - Is this a scam or what?

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
Hi guys,

I've just got an email from Case Processing Centre Ottawa saying that my PR application is "almost complete" and that I need to send in passport photos, etc., within the next 30 days. This email is called 'CPCO-Final Request'

I am bit confused here.

This isn't how the CIC has contacted me in the past. This is a direct email to my inbox, not the usual message that I have to open in my online CIC account. Is this email a scam or what? All my case info is correct in the email, so should I send my physical passport to Ottawa?

Thanks in advance.

MMX

Star Member
Oct 11, 2012
For passport request, you directly get an email. Secondly, you can always check the address to verify if you are sending it to Ottawa.

Hope it helps!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Hope1982 said:
Hi guys,

I've just got an email from Case Processing Centre Ottawa saying that my PR application is "almost complete" and that I need to send in passport photos, etc., within the next 30 days. This email is called 'CPCO-Final Request'

I am bit confused here.

This isn't how the CIC has contacted me in the past. This is a direct email to my inbox, not the usual message that I have to open in my online CIC account. Is this email a scam or what? All my case info is correct in the email, so should I send my physical passport to Ottawa?

Thanks in advance.
Congratualtions. This is PPR. Most people receive this email instead of direct message.

Reactions: Adanac11

Hope1982

Jun 22, 2014
manidhatt said:
Congratualtions. This is PPR. Most people receive this email instead of direct message.
Thank you.

Do you have any idea about the time frame of returning the passport back?
What will happen after the passport was sent for CPCO?

Thanks again.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope1982 said:
Hi guys,

I am bit confused here.

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations, looks PPR.
Can you share your timeline ?

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Hope1982 said:
Thank you.

Do you have any idea about the time frame of returning the passport back?
What will happen after the passport was sent for CPCO?

Thanks again.
Congrats! What's your timeline?