+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cover letter for Original Documents

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Hi there guys,

I'm currently on the process of certifying a document which is an official recognition of my Highschool by my country's ministery of education, requested by MIDI ( August 16th applicant, received doc list 3 weeks ago).

Thing is, due to goverment bureaucracy certify this copy of the document will take its time (around 30 workdays) and after that, I have to translate it to english. I did the math and there is no way I can send it to MIDI before the date set by them.

The only solution I could think about is sending the original document (Which I already have) and in this way send all the documents in time.

Has anyone sent an original document before? I have to mention it in a Cover Letter right? I know I'm not getting it back, I dont mind it.

Thank you all,

Jorge.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi there guys,

I'm currently on the process of certifying a document which is an official recognition of my Highschool by my country's ministery of education, requested by MIDI ( August 16th applicant, received doc list 3 weeks ago).

Thing is, due to goverment bureaucracy certify this copy of the document will take its time (around 30 workdays) and after that, I have to translate it to english. I did the math and there is no way I can send it to MIDI before the date set by them.

The only solution I could think about is sending the original document (Which I already have) and in this way send all the documents in time.

Has anyone sent an original document before? I have to mention it in a Cover Letter right? I know I'm not getting it back, I dont mind it.

Thank you all,

Jorge.
Yes. You can send originals. In this forum, One of the applicants sent his original documents as it was easier for him to get duplicate of the original document for future use than getting documents certified for MIDI. If you go through my 1000+ posts then you might be able to find that discussion :)

Can't you get your documents notarized from country where documents were issued?

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
I asked the same question but all people said don't send original and you have to send the documents in the format as what they requested.

Jorger5

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Yes. You can send originals. In this forum, One of the applicants sent his original documents as it was easier for him to get duplicate of the original document for future use than getting documents certified for MIDI. If you go through my 1000+ posts then you might be able to find that discussion :)

Can't you get your documents notarized from country where documents were issued?
Yes, I've searched but the majority of the answer were about sending copies, for my country (Venezuela) according to MIDI website it has to be either the ministry of education or the issuer. I wish It could be as simple as go to a notary...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Try to reach out to this applicant or check all the posts he made after this post to find out if sending original documents worked for him or not.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/time-line-of-getting-csq-after-updating-documents-for-intention-of-reject-docs-o.382753/page-22#post-5690770

Also, whenever in doubt or if you get conflicting information, please call MIDI/CIC for clarification. None of us ( including me) are experts here. We are fellow applicants trying to help each other based on our recent experience. :)

Reactions: Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Try to reach out to this applicant or check all the posts he made after this post to find out if sending original documents worked for him or not.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/time-line-of-getting-csq-after-updating-documents-for-intention-of-reject-docs-o.382753/page-22#post-5690770

Also, whenever in doubt or if you get conflicting information, please call MIDI/CIC for clarification. None of us ( including me) are experts here. We are fellow applicants trying to help each other based on our recent experience. :)
Thanks..